Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So why did NLR wait to vacate the wins from '13-'14....

Started by hogfanfromlr, February 06, 2015, 08:39:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan870

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2015, 11:44:00 am
You do realize this improper recruitment involves his transfer?

And you do realize that referring to illegal recruiting by a high school coach as just a transfer is minimizing the bad actions of the coach? 

gawntrail

Quote from: tusked on February 06, 2015, 11:05:03 am
guys guys guys......the story isn't the transfer issue.......just like watergate.....google it......follow the MONEY!

Taking the dagger to cover the deeper transgressions.

Dig more on two nickels than fly.

^^^THIS^^^

Spin 101.  Admit enough, but, not too much.  Then reevaluate the damage.  Rinse.  Repeat.  When you KNOW you've quieted down the regular folks' outrage and the verbal dissent is the opposition.... ATTACK.

When the motives are questioned in the context of socioeconomics, race, etc... We know we've reached the firewall.  That's when there needs to be a holecard (preferably first hand testimony or objective reporting supported by documentation) that wipes the manufactured grievances away and refocuses on the facts.

ricepig

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 06, 2015, 11:58:41 am
And you do realize that referring to illegal recruiting by a high school coach as just a transfer is minimizing the bad actions of the coach? 

And, it's the school's responsibility to sign off on each transfer, the head coach doesn't get to do it by himself.

nohuddlecoach

I do not know all the details of this, but from the outside looking in, this is what it appears to me:  Arkansas has a 365 rule.  If a kid transfers into a school from another district for the purpose of athletics, he is ineligible for 365 days, unless his parents make a legitimate physical move of address into that district for purposes other than athletics.  All that has to be said was "we are moving into this district for academic purposes," if the move is physically done(address in the district) the player is eligible.  In this case, since the forfeits are coming from last year only, this is the violation i see.  This years games are not being forfeited due to he has been at this district more than a year and 365 days has been established.  With the limited facts that have been presented, the only thing that can be assumed at this juncture is, he transferred and did not physically move, thus should have sat out a year but did not.  Thus the forfeit of all games he participated in his first 365 days in that district.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2015, 09:55:16 am
Did you parents tell you where the rent/mortgage money came from? Now, he may have been sitting at the kitchen table when this all went down. Or, he may have just said I want to play at NLR with my friends.

They didn't have too. We all went to work every day and none of us kids had any doubts about how ends got met.

We may not have been wealthy but we weren't stupid.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2015, 10:32:02 am
Wouldn't it be fun to actually be able to see an alternate reality?
If KJ Hill had signed with the Hogs on Weds - I wonder what these posts would look like?

I would be horrified and probably trying to rationalize. That is why I am greatful he did not sign with the Hogs. No matter what happened people would still claim we paid him to stay home. Tainted goods and distraction.

ricepig

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 06, 2015, 12:25:42 pm
They didn't have too. We all went to work every day and none of us kids had any doubts about how ends got met.

We may not have been wealthy but we weren't stupid.

Are you saying his parents did go to work everyday?

Sivad

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2015, 10:41:04 am
I just don't like Hill himself being bashed for this.
I was thinking today how hard it must be for him to get up and go to school since this broke. It's a sad situation for Hill and his teammates.
His actions speak of someone much more concerned about personal glory and attention than his team.
He and his handlers are skeedaddling to Ohio anyway.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogfanfromlr on February 06, 2015, 08:39:57 am
until yesterday, Thursday after signing day 2015?  Why not when they found out and knew the issues at hand?

Quote from: Been10Hog on February 06, 2015, 11:46:05 am
I agree! If the "journalists" in this state would make this such a public issue, it would be harder for NCAA to sweep under the rug any findings suggesting Bama boosters "parked" top Arkansas recruits at NLR

This is why if it will be investigated further to find out if it goes beyond an Arkansas high school issue, outside media such as ESPN, CBS, SI, SN, etc. needs to have someone investigate.  Perhaps with two powers connected to KJ in Oh St and Bama an outlet will show interest. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ricepig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 06, 2015, 12:46:08 pm
This is why if it will be investigated further to find out if it goes beyond an Arkansas high school issue, outside media such as ESPN, CBS, SI, SN, etc. needs to have someone investigate.  Perhaps with two powers connected to KJ in Oh St and Bama an outlet will show interest. 

Why, they've got Max Brantley all over it, what more could you want?

linkshog

I know 2 things for a fact:

1.  This situation had nothing to do with the U of A and/or Bolding leveraging his player for a position on staff.

2.  Neither boosters from Bama nor Ohio St. have donated money to any foundation tied to NLR for "KJ's letter of intent".

Those are all just silly conspiracy theories that gain traction somehow and are ridiculous.  The investigation into the ineligible player is a seperate issue.  Wether there was anything intentional and/or illegal will come out.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan -

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

- Ronald Reagan -

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: gawntrail on February 06, 2015, 11:36:55 am
I've seen plenty of toothless types in urban jungles too.  Proper dental hygiene is an equal opportunity habit/nonhabit.  It doesn't discriminate.

I used to enjoy going to the track and playing a little game called "Sherwood or Saline County?" I don't recall ever making my pick based on dental hygiene however.

KlubhouseKonnected

Tusks

How do you know #2 as fact?

Would you hang your hat on "no booster related to alabama has EVER donated money to any foundation tied to NLR.  Period?

Quote from: linkshog on February 06, 2015, 01:02:59 pm

1.  This situation had nothing to do with the U of A and/or Bolding leveraging his player for a position on staff.

2.  Neither boosters from Bama nor Ohio St. have donated money to any foundation tied to NLR for "KJ's letter of intent".

Those are all just silly conspiracy theories that gain traction somehow and are ridiculous.  The investigation into the ineligible player is a seperate issue.  Wether there was anything intentional and/or illegal will come out.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

XX

Link?
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

hogfan870

Seriously, there is no way you can really know either one of these things unless you are Bolding - and then you would have reason to lie.  Are you the treasurer of the NLR booster club?  And even if you are, do you personally which college that each donor to that organization is a fan of?  And do you know the content of every conversation that Bolding had with every donor to the NLR booster club?  Sorry, there is just no way you can know for a fact the things you claim. 

linkshog

I wouldnt rule out that a fan of Alabama that has a kid that goes to NLR wouldn't donate to the booster club, but it wouldnt be in an attempt to get a kid to go to his college alma mater.  I'll put myself up to be banned if proven wrong.  i am involved in one of the NLR high school foundations and i can tell you from being involved in many fundraising endevours, this is not an issue.

We have a large donor for NLR that is a very big UT donor/fan and another that is a big TENN donor/fan.  i dont see any of the kids going to those schools.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan -

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

- Ronald Reagan -

linkshog

But y'all continue with your theories.  they're humorous to say the least.  Bolding got caught with an ineligible player.  I dont know what else you think is at issue here.  That player ended up going to Ohio St.  I dont see how that leads to stories of boosters from that school paying them money to go there.  he wasnt even a top 100 player. I'm not defending Bolding for what he may have done or known.  I'm only saying there was no financial windfall to the athletic foundation in an attempt to get the kid steeered to a certain school. 

- Ronald Reagan -

- Ronald Reagan -

Atlhogfan1

NLR nor Arkansas high school football would be worth the risk for a program like Bama.  It would have been a stupid attempt by any booster who tried it.  But then again, boosters like this often have egos and could think they are helping. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

tconey1

Quote from: linkshog on February 06, 2015, 02:07:27 pm
But y'all continue with your theories.  they're humorous to say the least.  Bolding got caught with an ineligible player.  I dont know what else you think is at issue here.  That player ended up going to Ohio St.  I dont see how that leads to stories of boosters from that school paying them money to go there.  he wasnt even a top 100 player. I'm not defending Bolding for what he may have done or known.  I'm only saying there was no financial windfall to the athletic foundation in an attempt to get the kid steeered to a certain school. 

Is just "getting caught with an ineligible player" worth getting fired over?  it seems like it would take more than that. 

linkshog

Quote from: tconey1 on February 06, 2015, 02:24:00 pm
Is just "getting caught with an ineligible player" worth getting fired over?  it seems like it would take more than that. 
It is coupled with several other minor so called "offenses".  Alot of people in the district didnt care for him because they thought he was hogging money for the fball program that should go to other programs within the district.

- Ronald Reagan -

- Ronald Reagan -

TrueBlue

Quote from: linkshog on February 06, 2015, 02:07:27 pm

It wasn't a few days ago that all of you apologists were saying the Bolding problem was just a little money used for equipment and you guys swore it had nothing to do with KJ.

It is just like an onion, you never know until all of the layers are peeled back but the deeper you go it sure doesn't smell very good.

ricepig

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 06, 2015, 02:42:56 pm
It wasn't a few days ago that all of you apologists were saying the Bolding problem was just a little money used for equipment and you guys swore it had nothing to do with KJ.

It is just like an onion, you never know until all of the layers are peeled back but the deeper you go it sure doesn't smell very good.

Nope, said all along that it was a AAA issue, when someone has proof that it involves other college schools, then I will change my tune.

Phenomenal One

I don't buy for 1 second that KJ is completely innocent .... NLR is pretty much considered THE program in central Arkansas, and is one of a few central Ar schools in the largest classification .... I realize NLR isn't 'elite' when compared to NWA teams so no need to start that debate, but of all the 7A programs in LR, the others are down pretty bad .... Don't you think that the move to NLR put more eyes on KJ as a recruit for schools plus allowed him to increase his production, thus making him a more desirable target?  I have no idea about Bryant's offense or if KJ may have put up the same numbers at Bryant had he not transferred, but you wouldn't hear about him going to the Opening and all that stuff ....

ricepig

Quote from: Phenomenal One on February 06, 2015, 03:05:18 pm
I don't buy for 1 second that KJ is completely innocent .... NLR is pretty much considered THE program in central Arkansas, and is one of a few central Ar schools in the largest classification .... I realize NLR isn't 'elite' when compared to NWA teams so no need to start that debate, but of all the 7A programs in LR, the others are down pretty bad .... Don't you think that the move to NLR put more eyes on KJ as a recruit for schools plus allowed him to increase his production, thus making him a more desirable target?  KJ may have put up the same numbers at Bryant had he not transferred, but you wouldn't hear about him going to the Opening and all that stuff ....

Oh, I agree he wanted to go to NLR and Bolding was in his ear, on someone's telling/showing them all the results of their SPARQ training. He lived in a house in Lakewood, so he knew he was in the district.

Tusks

so there's absolutely nothing RELATED to two nickels leaving bama and kj NOT going to bama and the problems at NLR w/Bolding & the booster club.  Non of this is related at ALL?  It's all just a coincidence.

Quote from: linkshog on February 06, 2015, 01:57:20 pm
I wouldnt rule out that a fan of Alabama that has a kid that goes to NLR wouldn't donate to the booster club, but it wouldnt be in an attempt to get a kid to go to his college alma mater.  I'll put myself up to be banned if proven wrong.  i am involved in one of the NLR high school foundations and i can tell you from being involved in many fundraising endevours, this is not an issue.

We have a large donor for NLR that is a very big UT donor/fan and another that is a big TENN donor/fan.  i dont see any of the kids going to those schools.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Everyone in central Arkansas with a passing interest in HS athletes knows that NLR recruits aggressively. 

ricepig

Quote from: Karma on February 06, 2015, 04:10:11 pm
Everyone in central Arkansas with a passing interest in HS athletes knows that NLR recruits aggressively. 

Correct

linkshog

Quote from: tusked on February 06, 2015, 04:05:18 pm
so there's absolutely nothing RELATED to two nickels leaving bama and kj NOT going to bama and the problems at NLR w/Bolding & the booster club.  Non of this is related at ALL?  It's all just a coincidence.

Sorry.  No.  I live down the street from Altee's family and talk to his dad on a regular basis on our family walks.  He's a very nice man.  He even told me he tried and tried to get Altee to go to the UofA but AT wanted to be the next big RB at Bama, even called him hard headed.  He also told a story about how none of the coaches were offered to sit in "his" recliner except CBB and Saban.  CBB declined but Saban plopped right down.  AT moved on due to some decisions he made on and off the field (not moving to DB) preventing him from getting playing time.  I think if anything, AT leaving made KJ not want to go there, not any amount of money.

And for the record.  KJ does live in NLR....presently.  I'm not sure about during the '13-'14 season or prior.

- Ronald Reagan -

- Ronald Reagan -

Phenomenal One

THIS .... As recently as the last 2 years a kid that went on to play division 1 football transferred in to NLR just for the express purpose of playing football their senior year .... Happened last year and happened this year

Shoat

Wow, some folks on here need to take a chill pill and take this whole incident for what it is.  My God some of you are beyond belief!@#$#@

jmb1973

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2015, 09:10:13 am
You do not have to live in the district to go to school there. There are all kinds of transfers available to different districts in Pulaski County for various reasons. Most 15 to 16 yr old kids go to school where their parents tell them to.

Bryant is not in the Pulaski County School District. Period.

It's a shame this young man did not have parents that would steer him clear of things like this rather than parents that are smack in the middle of it.

The absolute only victims are his teammates, fellow students, and alumni of NLR High School. I cringe now every time NLR is brought up, and this is after being proud to have lived on the Northside of the river most of my life. I'm also an Alumni who hopes this mess is dealt with in the harshest manner possible.

gawntrail

Quote from: linkshog on February 06, 2015, 04:19:44 pm
Sorry.  No.  I live down the street from Altee's family and talk to his dad on a regular basis on our family walks.  He's a very nice man.  He even told me he tried and tried to get Altee to go to the UofA but AT wanted to be the next big RB at Bama, even called him hard headed.  He also told a story about how none of the coaches were offered to sit in "his" recliner except CBB and Saban.  CBB declined but Saban plopped right down.  AT moved on due to some decisions he made on and off the field (not moving to DB) preventing him from getting playing time.  I think if anything, AT leaving made KJ not want to go there, not any amount of money.

And for the record.  KJ does live in NLR....presently.  I'm not sure about during the '13-'14 season or prior.

I'm glad you think dog walking dates are the appropriate setting to confess to NCAA recruiting violations, and since he didn't.... Its all good.

Did he talk about IRS issues?  Previous arrests?  Watching Cinemax after midnight?

Probably not. 

linkshog

Quote from: gawntrail on February 06, 2015, 05:39:39 pm
I'm glad you think dog walking dates are the appropriate setting to confess to NCAA recruiting violations, and since he didn't.... Its all good.

Did he talk about IRS issues?  Previous arrests?  Watching Cinemax after midnight?

Probably not. 

Of course not. My point was that his dad really wanted him to be a HOG but he said AT was hard headed and wanted to go to Bama. Why is it so difficult for people to fathom that a kid wants to go somewhere else to play all. Could we cause you and your child of taking money if he went any where other than the UofA?  I would love for every kid that comes from NLR to be a hog but I understand if they don't. I do wish they wouldn't commit then decommit though.

- Ronald Reagan -

- Ronald Reagan -

tconey1

They have since the 80's  I had a teammate that they tried to get to come play BB  He almost went but changed his mind at the last minute 

gawntrail

Quote from: linkshog on February 06, 2015, 06:54:05 pm
Of course not. My point was that his dad really wanted him to be a HOG but he said AT was hard headed and wanted to go to Bama. Why is it so difficult for people to fathom that a kid wants to go somewhere else to play all. Could we cause you and your child of taking money if he went any where other than the UofA?  I would love for every kid that comes from NLR to be a hog but I understand if they don't. I do wish they wouldn't commit then decommit though.

And, my point is he wouldn't tell you anything of substance on your walks.  You can accuse me of whatever you want.  Maybe a walk or two and we'd be tight enough for some serious sharing though.....2nd base type sharing.....

Hoggish1

Quote from: FreshHog on February 06, 2015, 10:35:17 am
What people think 16 year olds look like:

What 16 year olds actually look like:

At first I thought this was going to be the start of a new Farmer's Insurance commercial...