Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So why did NLR wait to vacate the wins from '13-'14....

Started by hogfanfromlr, February 06, 2015, 08:39:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfanfromlr

until yesterday, Thursday after signing day 2015?  Why not when they found out and knew the issues at hand?

#1 STUNNA

I'm sure their is a process. Sounds like as soon as they found out they reported it...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

onebadrubi

Maybe the recruitment of an athlete has been what revealed such info....

Hawgndaaz

call me a conspiracy theorist but I call 100% BS that they "just found out". Media folks were hinting at this over the weekend which means it was already known.

they were asked to wait til after NSD. If this drops last week, the Hill drama would have been escalated tenfold. You'd have folks practically running him out of state before he signs anywhere.

hoglady

I'm glad they waited.
KJ Hill is a kid - could you imagine the drama at his signing day if this had come out before he signed.
The adults involved - coach, parents, NLR admin - are the responsible parties in this situation not Hill. He was just used by the adults involved because of his athletic ability.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2015, 08:58:30 am
He was just used by the adults involved because of his athletic ability.

I just hope, and this is just me, that no money changed hands during this whole process.
This is my non-signature signature.

Porkbutt Gary

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 06, 2015, 08:47:19 am
call me a conspiracy theorist but I call 100% BS that they "just found out". Media folks were hinting at this over the weekend which means it was already known.

they were asked to wait til after NSD. If this drops last week, the Hill drama would have been escalated tenfold. You'd have folks practically running him out of state before he signs anywhere.

I've been asking this question for a week!  "Just Found Out" is BS!  And I'm sorry, but KJ knew that he didn't live in NLR, he's not innocent either.  Waiting until after NSD to "Not hurt his recruiting" is cheating also!
Once a  Razorback, Always a Razorback  ... Unless you're a Nutt!

online-with-swine

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on February 06, 2015, 09:00:33 am
I just hope, and this is just me, that no money changed hands during this whole process.

I actually hope money did change hands and BAMA was involved.  Everyone knows they cheat.  They shouldn't be allowed to come in our state and buy our recruits, if it happened.

hoglady

Quote from: Porkbutt Gary on February 06, 2015, 09:07:18 am
I've been asking this question for a week!  "Just Found Out" is BS!  And I'm sorry, but KJ knew that he didn't live in NLR, he's not innocent either.  Waiting until after NSD to “Not hurt his recruiting” is cheating also!

You do not have to live in the district to go to school there. There are all kinds of transfers available to different districts in Pulaski County for various reasons. Most 15 to 16 yr old kids go to school where their parents tell them to.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Porkbutt Gary

I'm glad they waited.
KJ Hill is a kid - could you imagine the drama at his signing day if this had come out before he signed.
The adults involved - coach, parents, NLR admin - are the responsible parties in this situation not Hill. He was just used by the adults involved because of his athletic ability.

Yes KJ is a kid and yes he was used, but.. He knew what was going on.
The real damage done to kids was the hurt to his team mates that HIS selfishness caused.  The kids that played by the rules and still got screwed by a team mate!

gawntrail

I'm glad they waited.

Sorry.  There is no innocence.  As parents, we don't want crud touching or flung on our kid(s) or anyone else's kid(s).  Its the protector in us. 

But, he knew.  He is equally responsible.  He could have said no.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: online-with-swine on February 06, 2015, 09:08:20 am
I actually hope money did change hands and BAMA was involved.  Everyone knows they cheat.  They shouldn't be allowed to come in our state and buy our recruits, if it happened.

I would think that they didn't, since noone from NLR High signed with the Tide. If they did, well, it was a bad investment.
This is my non-signature signature.

Porkbutt Gary

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2015, 09:10:13 am
You do not have to live in the district to go to school there. There are all kinds of transfers available to different districts in Pulaski County for various reasons. Most 15 to 16 yr old kids go to school where their parents tell them to.

Again, They KNEW that they were manipulating the rules!  And this has been know by the administration, coaches, family & others for sometime. 

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: hogfanfromlr on February 06, 2015, 08:39:57 am
until yesterday, Thursday after signing day 2015?  Why not when they found out and knew the issues at hand?
It's pretty obvious. They wanted to give KJ Hill another day in the sun before the dirty laundry got aired.
KJ Hill is not a victim, his legitimate teammates are.

Porkbutt Gary

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on February 06, 2015, 09:19:39 am
It's pretty obvious. They wanted to give KJ Hill another day in the sun before the dirty laundry got aired.
KJ Hill is not a victim, his legitimate teammates are.

BINGO!!!!!

hogfanfromlr

It's appears to have been to keep from disrupting the young man's signing with a college, which seems pretty good, but maybe it's because someone was going around threatening lawsuits everywhere he could be heard. 

PigTales

February 06, 2015, 09:27:59 am #17 Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:42:56 am by PigTales
They were concerned it would hurt KJ's recruiting and other schools would back off until all the investigations were completed there are still personal issues per the Arkansas On Line Article. Also I believe we might not have backed off of KJ completely but I believe we may have slowed down our recruiting. Here is a interesting tweet from KJ before his tweet to decommit
https://twitter.com/kayjayhill/status/556831662236241921
He then decommits.
In his Step Fathers Rant the Sunday he decommitted He refers to a change in the way he felt about our coaching staff. And things happen that we know nothing about. ( which could be a call from CBB stating we were going to hold a spot for KJ but we needed to make sure he was not going to be ineligible. The step dad also refers to Us not caring about his son in the 2013 season or before 2014 when in fact we offered KJ in Sept of 2013. Ohio didn't offer or recruit him until Jan 2015.
His family completely stopped talking to the Arkansas Media. And it seems to me like we were lead to believe KJ had to move to NLR because of his Step Fathers job. Not sure if I remember that correctly but I believe that was the reason many were giving for his transfer to NLR.
I don't have a source, I don't know for certain what is happening behind closed doors but I can see smoke coming out from under a door if I look deep enough. Something is not right about ALL OF THIS and honestly I feel sorry for KJ I believe he did want to play for the Hogs, I believe he had no idea he was violating any AAA rules until all of this broke. I believe the family knew this was coming and they were also concerned how the players, their families, and people from Arkansas would respond to NLR having to vacate all their football and basketball wins. There was a very different tone to the Step Dad's attitude toward our coaching staff, I believe he mentioned it or hinted to it in his rant and others who were following him and were on other messages boards said their was a BIG change in his attitude towards Arkansas.
Probably nothing to all of this but it's sure interesting to try to dig through the debris and to try and read the "Smoke Rings" 

ricepig

Quote from: gawntrail on February 06, 2015, 09:11:45 am
Sorry.  There is no innocence.  As parents, we don't want crud touching or flung on our kid(s) or anyone else's kid(s).  Its the protector in us. 

But, he knew.  He is equally responsible.  He could have said no.

Do you think he was originally from Bryant?

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2015, 09:10:13 am

Correct, kids use the m to m reason all the time. Then of course, there is the PV Magnet angle, the Central academic angle......

PigTales

PorkRinds

Quote from: PigTales on February 06, 2015, 09:37:59 am
So why are peoples posts being deleted from this thread. Look at the post count then count the number of posts. I just had mine deleted

It's a conspurracy! KJ's pops is paying off the mods to keep the truth from Hogville! This runs deep.  Deep into the bowels of Hogville.  I personally think if the mods were paid better, they wouldn't be so open to taking pay offs to delete posts with the truth in them.  Just sayin...

gawntrail

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2015, 09:33:02 am

Do you think he was originally from Bryant?

I don't know.  My point is this.  If the kid has the GPA to qualify for a scholly, then he has enough of a fundamental understanding of right and wrong.  HS kids know much more than most give credit for.

JIHawg

I tell you why this is bogus-nobody would ever move from Bryant to NLR.

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

ricepig

Quote from: JIHawg on February 06, 2015, 09:48:08 am
I tell you why this is bogus-nobody would ever move from Bryant to NLR.

To play football and basketball, in a heart beat, to play baseball or cheer, nah.....

MrKlem10

Did not make a bonified move his sophomore season.  Should have to sit the Jr.  Season due to school choice and the 365 rule.   So his 365 ran out before this Sr.  Years.   Should be eligible now...

ricepig

Quote from: gawntrail on February 06, 2015, 09:45:05 am
I don't know.  My point is this.  If the kid has the GPA to qualify for a scholly, then he has enough of a fundamental understanding of right and wrong.  HS kids know much more than most give credit for.

Did you parents tell you where the rent/mortgage money came from? Now, he may have been sitting at the kitchen table when this all went down. Or, he may have just said I want to play at NLR with my friends.

hoglady

Quote from: Porkbutt Gary on February 06, 2015, 09:11:29 am

Yes KJ is a kid and yes he was used, but.. He knew what was going on.
The real damage done to kids was the hurt to his team mates that HIS selfishness caused.  The kids that played by the rules and still got screwed by a team mate!

You have absolutely no idea what Hill knew and didn't know.
And yes it's a terrible thing for that basketball team - but to place the blame for this on the kid is just wrong. Blame his parents, his coaches and NLR admin.
The adults in this situation most likely told him they had any eligibility issues worked out.

hoglady

Where his parents screwed up was - they should have just made a call to PA and gotten a scholarship to go (play) there and all would have been good.  ;)

HillBillyHogfan

I don't buy the "he is just a kid" argument.  How many men the same age as these athletes are currently in Afghanistan fighting for our country?.. 18yr olds... men when it fits our cause and kids when it fits our cause. 
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

Tusks

I'm surprised they are falling on their sword so easy.  They could lay this mess at the feet of rogue NLR boosters and rogue boosters from a fellow SEC rival.  Let them take the fall and fight for the honest kids more.

What's satan gong to do, ask for a refund check?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hoglady

Quote from: HillBillyHogfan on February 06, 2015, 10:18:33 am
I don't buy the "he is just a kid" argument.  How many men the same age as these athletes are currently in Afghanistan fighting for our country?.. 18yr olds... men when it fits our cause and kids when it fits our cause. 

He was most likely 15 or 16 when he transferred to NLR. For anyone who is familiar with the school districts in Central Arkansas transfers happen all the time. At one time on my street there were probably 6 high school kids all going to different high schools - from NLR, Mills, Fair, Central and Parkview.
So to just automatically assume Hill had any knowledge he wasn't eligible is just wrong

gawntrail

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2015, 09:55:16 am
Did you parents tell you where the rent/mortgage money came from? Now, he may have been sitting at the kitchen table when this all went down. Or, he may have just said I want to play at NLR with my friends.

Oc·cam's razor \ˈä-kəmz-\

noun :a scientific and philosophic rule that entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily which is interpreted as requiring that the simplest of competing theories be preferred to the more complex or that explanations of unknown phenomena be sought first in terms of known quantities

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

HillBillyHogfan

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2015, 10:23:27 am
He was most likely 15 or 16 when he transferred to NLR. For anyone who is familiar with the school districts in Central Arkansas transfers happen all the time. At one time on my street there were probably 6 high school kids all going to different high schools - from NLR, Mills, Fair, Central and Parkview.
So to just automatically assume Hill had any knowledge he wasn't eligible is just wrong

true... good point
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

hoglady

Wouldn't it be fun to actually be able to see an alternate reality?
If KJ Hill had signed with the Hogs on Weds - I wonder what these posts would look like?

gawntrail

What exactly is your relation(s) to this incident and/or NLR HS?

DoctorSusscrofa

Guys. This isn't a case of treason or murder, it's a scheme to transfer a wide receiver to a school district that wanted him.  A little perspective if you please.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

FreshHog

What people think 16 year olds look like:

What 16 year olds actually look like:

Stop making him out to be some innocent little kid who never had a clue because he's "just a poor 16 year old kid!". When I was 16, I wasnt some dumb kid with no idea of what was going on around me. Neither were you, or anyone else on this board. By the time your 16 you have a clear knowledge of right and wrong, and know when something is going on behind the scenes that isnt good.

PorkRinds

Quote from: gawntrail on February 06, 2015, 10:33:06 am

Staunch KJ defender/NLR apologist.

hoglady

Quote from: gawntrail on February 06, 2015, 10:33:06 am

Absolutely nothing.
I just don't like Hill himself being bashed for this.
I was thinking today how hard it must be for him to get up and go to school since this broke. It's a sad situation for Hill and his teammates.
Plus I want to actually know what the violation was.
If his parents and Bolding knew he wasn't eligible and he played anyway - they deserve whatever bad comes their way.
(I do like NLR and think Central Arkansas needs them to stay a strong and viable program / most of the Little Rock schools football programs are too far gone to be saved)

PorkRinds

Quote from: hoglady on February 06, 2015, 10:41:04 am
Absolutely nothing.
I was thinking today how hard it must be for him to get up and go to school since this broke. It's a sad situation for Hill and his teammates.
If his parents and Bolding knew he wasn't eligible and he played anyway - they deserve whatever bad comes their way.
(I do like NLR and think Central Arkansas needs them to stay a strong and viable program / most of the Little Rock schools football programs are too far gone to be saved)

That poor baby.  It must be so hard for him knowing he's about to go play for the defending national champions.  I don't know how he lives with the stress of it all.  I mean, so he cheated?  Poor little guy shouldn't have to worry about little things like rule following and what not.

hogfan870

Look, I am no expert in high school transfer rules, but it does seem like you are all talking about transfers within Pulaski County, when Hill originally lived in Bryant, which is in Saline County. 

Also, I agree that it is the adults involved that are really to blame, not him.  All that being said I will admit that if he had signed with Arkansas, I would have a totally different attitude about this, but that just comes with the territory.  I would also love Michael Dyer, Altee Tenpenny, Josh Frazier, Kiehl Frazier, etc if they had signed with Arkansas.  Since they didn't, I have no sympathy for any of them - same goes for Hill. 

KlubhouseKonnected

I'm glad they waited.

Poor Cam Newton right?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hogfan870

Absolutely nothing.

Well I do not know all of the violations, but clearly one of them was that Bolding "recruited" him to come play for NLR.  Regardless of whether certain transfers are allowed, recruiting kids to certain high schools is always wrong.  What do you need more than that?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: PigTales on February 06, 2015, 09:27:59 am
They were concerned it would hurt KJ's recruiting and other schools would back off until all the investigations were completed there are still personal issues per the Arkansas On Line Article. Also I believe we might not have backed off of KJ completely but I believe we may have slowed down our recruiting. Here is a interesting tweet from KJ before his tweet to decommit
https://twitter.com/kayjayhill/status/556831662236241921
He then decommits.
In his Step Fathers Rant the Sunday he decommitted He refers to a change in the way he felt about our coaching staff. And things happen that we know nothing about. ( which could be a call from CBB stating we were going to hold a spot for KJ but we needed to make sure he was not going to be ineligible. The step dad also refers to Us not caring about his son in the 2013 season or before 2014 when in fact we offered KJ in Sept of 2013. Ohio didn't offer or recruit him until Jan 2015.
His family completely stopped talking to the Arkansas Media. And it seems to me like we were lead to believe KJ had to move to NLR because of his Step Fathers job. Not sure if I remember that correctly but I believe that was the reason many were giving for his transfer to NLR.
I don't have a source, I don't know for certain what is happening behind closed doors but I can see smoke coming out from under a door if I look deep enough. Something is not right about ALL OF THIS and honestly I feel sorry for KJ I believe he did want to play for the Hogs, I believe he had no idea he was violating any AAA rules until all of this broke. I believe the family knew this was coming and they were also concerned how the players, their families, and people from Arkansas would respond to NLR having to vacate all their football and basketball wins. There was a very different tone to the Step Dad's attitude toward our coaching staff, I believe he mentioned it or hinted to it in his rant and others who were following him and were on other messages boards said their was a BIG change in his attitude towards Arkansas.
Probably nothing to all of this but it's sure interesting to try to dig through the debris and to try and read the "Smoke Rings" 

I think you may be on to something, Montez did sound like somebody who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and then tried to turn it around saying "you people only care what you can get from KJ" (the implication of which is that he and KJ also deserve something extra.)
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hoglady

Quote from: hogfan870 on February 06, 2015, 10:43:41 am
Look, I am no expert in high school transfer rules, but it does seem like you are all talking about transfers within Pulaski County, when Hill originally lived in Bryant, which is in Saline County. 

Also, I agree that it is the adults involved that are really to blame, not him.  All that being said I will admit that if he had signed with Arkansas, I would have a totally different attitude about this, but that just comes with the territory.  I would also love Michael Dyer, Altee Tenpenny, Josh Frazier, Kiehl Frazier, etc if they had signed with Arkansas.  Since they didn't, I have no sympathy for any of them - same goes for Hill. 

I have no idea where he lived when he was going to Bryant.

gawntrail

Absolutely nothing.

Just a concerned local fan.......

Why does Central Arkansas need a now outed cheating HS/District to continue being THE viable power?

Wouldn't it be better, for the kids mind you, that a CLEAN HS/District be the power so that its legitimacy, and the student-athletes it produces, is/are above question?