Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dick Bumpas retiring.

Started by jbcarol, February 05, 2015, 06:53:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Wooderson

Saw on Football Rumor Mill's twitter.  Interesting.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

DeltaBoy

We will see what happens he is a solid coach.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TrueBlue

Announced at TCU's signing day reception.

Cresthog

NOOOOO.

We'll never get the greatest DC ever!

texas tush hog

Quote from: Cresthog on February 05, 2015, 08:42:54 am
NOOOOO.

We'll never get the greatest DC ever!

He was never going to come back here, take my word for it, when he walks at TCU the sidewalks move. Great coach, man and friend, good luck Bump. He just turned 65 in December hence retirement. Stuck around til signing day.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Cresthog

Quote from: texas tush hog on February 05, 2015, 09:22:44 am
He was never going to come back here, take my word for it, when he walks at TCU the sidewalks move. Great coach, man and friend, good luck Bump. He just turned 65 in December hence retirement. Stuck around til signing day.

Yea I know.

But some folks on here..

Been10Hog

He is the reason I thought Gary Patterson was coming here. He, Bumpass, bought a home on Beaver Lake during the hiring process. I'm happy with BB though!

billmontgomery10

Dick was very happy in Fort Worth at at TCU. The only way he would have come back here would have been with Patterson. Arkansas had its chances to hire Bumpas for several years and passed. Mistake, he is one of the best defensive coaches in college football and was a stud during his time playing for the Hogs. We missed the boat years ago.

Kevin

he was one heck of a study hall monitor at van buren junior high.

have a great retirement, coach
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jbcarol

Chris Low @ClowESPN  ·  3 hours ago

TCU defensive coordinator Dick Bumpas is retiring. He's done it very well for a very long time. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12282098/tcu-horned-frogs-defensive-coordinator-dick-bumpas-retiring ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

RedSoxFan

Who ever will we suggest a defensive coaching position now? Gruden is an offensive coach. Coach O is at lsu. Randy Shannon is at Florida. We're screwed.

rickm1976

Quote from: Kevin on February 05, 2015, 11:39:06 am
he was one heck of a study hall monitor at van buren junior high.

have a great retirement, coach

Dang!  I graduated from VB, and had forgotten about that.

GO

Vantage 8 dude

No question TCU is losing a great defensive coach. Best of luck and many happy days of retirement, DB.

redeye

Quote from: Been10Hog on February 05, 2015, 10:49:15 am
He is the reason I thought Gary Patterson was coming here. He, Bumpass, bought a home on Beaver Lake during the hiring process. I'm happy with BB though!

Maybe he'll be a consultant for Robb Smith?

DeltaBoy

I hope he goes on the Coaching Clinic Tour !

yraciv

Convenient he did this at Signing Day. Do you think the recruits had any clue?