Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Report: Jets Have Some Interest In Ryan Mallett

Started by Rush Hog, February 04, 2015, 08:48:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rush Hog

Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers." - Homer Simpson

navyhog24

3kgthog

Talk about the end of Ryan's career if he ends up there.

LAHog124

"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

Fatty McGee

Talk about your thinly sourced blog posts.  Clearly there isn't much news in the NFL right now.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Michaelt

One start and then goes to IR? Why would that interest anyone?
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

Professor Psychosis

At least Rex Ryan's gone.  I don't know anything about their replacement Todd Bowles though.

Hogarusa

Chan Gailey is OC, David Lee is QB coach.  Bright lights, big city.  He should go where he can win the starting job.  Jets would be one of those spots. The Rex Ryan focus on the defense is gone
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 04, 2015, 09:01:46 am
Talk about the end of Ryan's career if he ends up there.
Well to be defined as a career he needs to get on the field.  Somewhere.  Anywhere.

PORKULATOR

I'm a Jets fan, I'm soooo for this. Mallet with Lee and Bowles will be nice. I hope it happens.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Don't assasinate me for being for this. The Jets are better for him than Oaktown is for Dmac
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Professor Psychosis on February 04, 2015, 09:47:18 am
At least Rex Ryan's gone.  I don't know anything about their replacement Todd Bowles though.

His brother Darryl was a pretty good running back for the Hogs during the Holtz years.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

TeufelHog

Quote from: Michaelt on February 04, 2015, 09:31:13 am
One start and then goes to IR? Why would that interest anyone?
^^^^^ This ^^^^^

Ryan still has a lot to prove before someone else takes a chance on him.  Hopefully he gets healthy, gets some quality starting time, and proves himself with the Texans next year.  I have always been concerned/had some lingering doubts about how durable he would be in the NFL.

hoghearted

What kind of protection would he have on the line?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

longpig

Quote from: TeufelHog on February 04, 2015, 01:54:03 pm
  ^^^^^ This ^^^^^

Ryan still has a lot to prove before someone else takes a chance on him.  Hopefully he gets healthy, gets some quality starting time, and proves himself with the Texans next year.  I have always been concerned/had some lingering doubts about how durable he would be in the NFL.

Same here, I always suspected it wasn't the bong hits he took  that lowered his draft stock, it was how well he didn't take the light hits in games.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: TeufelHog on February 04, 2015, 01:54:03 pm
  ^^^^^ This ^^^^^

Isn't his contract up this year?  The reason the Pats traded him.  He has to get a new contract from Houston or sign somewhere else before he can "prove" anything next year.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Hogarusa on February 04, 2015, 10:32:08 am
Chan Gailey is OC, David Lee is QB coach.  Bright lights, big city.  He should go where he can win the starting job.  Jets would be one of those spots. The Rex Ryan focus on the defense is gone

Bowles is still going to have a focus on the defense, but Gailey and Lee is a better offensive staff than Ryan ever brought in. Problem in NY would be the roster around him. Gonna be a couple of draft/free agent cycles before any QB can look good in that mess.

If I was Ryan, I'm either trying to stay in Houston or I'm having my agent calling Arizona every ten minutes. Either you spend a short period backing up Palmer before potentially stepping into the starting role after practicing in the system, or Palmer doesn't fully recover/gets hurt again and you get the chance to compete immediately. Either way, when he gets his shot he's on a team that's set up to be competitive for a while.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

jackflash

I am a Jet fan also. They need to be interest in any QB breathing.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

I would love to see Mallet start somewhere, but I have a feeling his career will be purely back up.  He needs some luck on his side and a QB to go down and he step in and stay healthy.  Not that I wish for a QB to get hurt for him to get a shot.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on February 04, 2015, 09:43:21 pm
I would love to see Mallet start somewhere, but I have a feeling his career will be purely back up.  He needs some luck on his side and a QB to go down and he step in and stay healthy.  Not that I wish for a QB to get hurt for him to get a shot, unless of course it is Manziel through some bizarre turn of events.

FIFY
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

FANONTHEHILL

Can't run and cannon arm. They may think he's the next Joe Namath they've been liking for for forty years.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

LAHogfan123

Honestly, I think that's what Ryan will end up being and it's not that bad of a deal, even though I know the competitor in anyone is to be the best and be #1.  But I see Ryan being a backup QB, and that's if he gets to stay in the NFL.  Hopefully, he's already been in the NFL long enough now to draw the pension thing all NFL players get, not sure how that works.  I know that Matt Jones, who I didn't think was in the NFL long enough to draw anything, said on the radio one day that he was drawing he plus he was doing very well, I can't remember, seemed as though he got signed early enough to get a descent contract though.

hogcard1964