Hog Draft Projections (CBS)

Started by scooby21322, February 03, 2015, 11:16:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scooby21322

Trey Flowers:  2-3
Martrell Spaight:  4-5
Darius Philon:  7-FA

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

If this turns out to be true, I really wish Philon would have stayed for another year or two.  I think he could have worked his way into the early rounds. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: scooby21322 on February 03, 2015, 11:16:54 am

If this turns out to be true, I really wish Philon would have stayed for another year or two.  I think he could have worked his way into the early rounds.
I totally agree IF that's how things shake out. Too darn bad that a kid can't remove his name once he's entered it into the "pot" and the date for withdrawal has passed. It would certainly keep some of these kids from listening to what sometimes turns out to be faulty advice.

code red

Just my opinion but...draft prospects rankings will be all over the place until pro days and pro combines take place.  I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in it until that happens.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

scooby21322

Agree to an extent.  I don't think that initial projection will be elastic enough to make it worth Philon going out early.  4th or 5th round is about the minimum I would consider to go pro early.  Those are the rounds that you can get decent money and have a good chance at making a roster.  I don't think that the projection will change by more than a round.  With that said, I think if he had played another year, he may have gotten into the 3-4 round range or 2-3 if he played the rest of his eligibility.  He has a ton of potential, but he hasn't reached it yet.  Too bad.

On another note, I'm really happy to see Spaight will be in the middle rounds.  I think he he'll be a steal there, but this shows he has a good chance of sticking. 

Quote from: code red on February 03, 2015, 11:35:18 am
Just my opinion but...draft prospects rankings will be all over the place until pro days and pro combines take place.  I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in it until that happens.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: code red on February 03, 2015, 11:35:18 am

This
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

longpig

Quote from: scooby21322 on February 03, 2015, 11:16:54 am

Derby projected as the 24th TE taken.  I'm guesstimating mid teens.
Don't be scared, be smart.

scooby21322

Quote from: longpig on February 03, 2015, 11:56:15 am

Derby projected as the 24th TE taken.  I'm guesstimating mid teens.

I find that to be unfortunate.  I'm hoping he plays his way into the draft like Small did last year.

bigdaddyhawg

All this is before the combine.  I bet you guys Philon's and Derby's stock go up after the combine.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

wholehog92

Derby (assuming he's actually healthy) and Spaight will improve their positions at the combine.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

bigred223

Ill be surprised if Derby doesn't get drafted. I think he will impress at the combine.

rljjr

Derby might end up being a draft steal.

Seebs

Derby will make the NFL only if he does so through special teams and catching a break. His versatility and past as a LB will help him immensely.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jm

It should be like baseball. They should be able to decide whether to come back or not after the draft.
Philon will probably make it work, just like he did when he was screwed over by Saban and ended up here. The young man just has uncommon courage/confidence.

PORKULATOR

Do you want Derby on your favorite pro team? I do... He'd look good in a Jets uniform.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 03, 2015, 03:23:16 pm
Do you want Derby on your favorite pro team? I do... He'd look good in a Jets uniform.

I was thinking how he could fit nicely into the slot Aaron Hernandez vacated when he went to live with the government.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

TexHog188

Derby will be a steal. I hope he goes to the Cowboys at about round 4. Whiten is getting long in the tooth. 
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

gmarv

I just hope philon does good at the combine and goes high in the draft.be a shame if he doesn,t.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: jm on February 03, 2015, 03:20:59 pm
It should be like baseball. They should be able to decide whether to come back or not after the draft.
Philon will probably make it work, just like he did when he was screwed over by Saban and ended up here. The young man just has uncommon courage/confidence.

This....
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.