Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, Does Ryan Mallett . . .

Started by TeufelHog, February 01, 2015, 10:14:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TeufelHog

. . . get a Super Bowl ring from the Pats?

hoghearted

He hasnt been with the team since almost the start of the season. ????
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Huds_HawgTide

He was there like 10 of the 16 wks
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

hawkhawg

I think he and bequette both get one.

Noonan

Mallett was traded before the regular season started, but, there aren't really any hard and fast rules about who does and doesn't get a ring, so it's possible they might give him something for being there pre-season, but I would think it would be doubtful.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

onebadrubi

If they played any regular season games they get a ring.  I can't remember who it was but someone got a ring playing for a losing team not too long ago

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

popcornhog

Quote from: TeufelHog on February 01, 2015, 10:14:49 pm
. . . get a Super Bowl ring from the Pats?

I'm not sure, but if Pat Bradley could've shot better from 3 point land yesterday, we'd have smoked Florida.
WPS

hvsupastar

Quote from: popcornhog on February 01, 2015, 11:24:23 pm
I'm not sure, but if Pat Bradley could've shot better from 3 point land yesterday, we'd have smoked Florida.

Or if Warren Moon hadn't thrown that pick from the 1 yard line, we wouldn't even be having this conversation
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

BorderPatrol

SwineGrind

If I were Mallet I'd be more concerned about a scantron than a ring.

OldCoot

The bigger question is if Gary Breshears gets picked up next season.

Pork Twain

I don't usually use Wiki, but for something like this I think it works.

The winning team can typically present rings to whomever they choose, including usually, but not limited to: players (active roster or injured), coaches, trainers, executives, personnel, and general staff. Some teams have also been known to give rings to former players and coaches that were on the team at some point during the season, despite not having been on the winning roster for the Super Bowl itself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_ring
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

popcornhog

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 02, 2015, 07:59:52 am
I don't usually use Wiki, but for something like this I think it works.

The winning team can typically present rings to whomever they choose, including usually, but not limited to: players (active roster or injured), coaches, trainers, executives, personnel, and general staff. Some teams have also been known to give rings to former players and coaches that were on the team at some point during the season, despite not having been on the winning roster for the Super Bowl itself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_ring

That's true, but Mallett left New England in August, right?

Maybe I'm misremembering.
WPS

Mitch C

I doubt he even got tickets to the Super Bowl from the Patriots much less a ring.

Tim Harris

If they are just handing rings out I will take one.

Pork Twain

Knowing how the Patriots are run, I doubt a traded player gets a ring.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 02, 2015, 09:07:23 am

Blount says hi.

bp

hvsupastar

Quote from: BorderPatrol on February 02, 2015, 10:45:58 am
Blount says hi.

bp

Pretty sure he meant a guy traded from the team that didn't play in the super bowl, not a player who was traded to the team and played in the super bowl
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Westcoasthog

Ryan Mallett deserves and should have a Super Bowl ring.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Westcoasthog on February 02, 2015, 01:25:43 pm
if not for ryan mallett, Brady wouldn't be the player he is today.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

pignparadise

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 02, 2015, 09:07:23 am
According to his uncle, he is not expecting one
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

Pork Twain

February 02, 2015, 03:11:58 pm #23 Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:05:42 pm by Pork Twain
Blount says hi.

bp

Blount was traded...and is not on the team?  Shoot, I must have missed that.  Thank you for showing me how silly I made myself look.

Tylerhog

Ryan did run the scout team offense that helped the defensive players prepare for certain teams, if he gets a ring I would say it is deserved, if he doesn't well then I guess he just didn't.

Hogarusa

Blount says hi.

bp

saying hi posts are cheesy. But in this case, i dont follow the reference.

Blount wasnt traded.  He went to Pittsburgh as a free agent and then was able to get himself cut from the Steelers, cleared waivers, and then signed a 2 year deal with the Pats.  So silly post is silly
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Brer Hog

Mallet is a Texan now. He don't want no stinkin' Pat ring!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: hoghearted on February 01, 2015, 10:17:38 pm
He hasnt been with the team since almost the start of the season. ????

[attachment deleted by admin]
Let's make some waves.

sooeey pig pig pig

Quote from: Brer Hog on February 02, 2015, 11:38:03 pm
Mallet is a Texan now. He don't want no stinkin' Pat ring!

Why not?  It'll be the only one he ever gets!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Westcoasthog on February 02, 2015, 01:25:43 pm

Why?...He was traded before the first regular season game.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hoghearted

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on February 03, 2015, 05:55:01 am

I wasn't sure on the exact date of his departure, but I knew it was early on. The ??? was directed at the question. Seemed nonsensical to me, but then again, I don't know everything. ;)
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

GolfnHog

I would think he won't get one but who knows. All those that wanted RM to get a trade so he could play now are concerned he may or may not get a ring? Hmmm.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: hoghearted on February 03, 2015, 01:11:01 pm
I wasn't sure on the exact date of his departure, but I knew it was early on. The ??? was directed at the question. Seemed nonsensical to me, but then again, I don't know everything. ;)

Just giving you a hard time ;)
Let's make some waves.

Ryan was traded to Houston on 8-31-14 after the final pre-season game.  Seriously doubt he will be considered for a Super Bowl ring from the Pats.