Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Skill Player Recruits & QB's

Started by geauxhawgs, January 30, 2015, 12:30:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

geauxhawgs

Just curious...How big of an effect do you think BA's resume' had on KJ Hill's switch from us to OSU?

Chief Mac

Quote from: geauxhawgs on January 30, 2015, 12:30:33 pm
Just curious...How big of an effect do you think BA's resume' had on KJ Hill's switch from us to OSU?

zero
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

lahawg1

hoglady

Absolutely none.

Did I miss something?
Did he commit to OSU over Bama?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

geauxhawgs

Quote from: hoglady on January 30, 2015, 12:38:37 pm
Absolutely none.

Did I miss something?
Did he commit to OSU over Bama?

That's my fault. I'm sorry! OR Bama...He hasn't committed yet, but it looks to be OSU or Bam over us.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: geauxhawgs on January 30, 2015, 12:51:51 pm
That's my fault. I'm sorry! OR Bama...He hasn't committed yet, but it looks to be OSU or Bam over us.
None, for the simple fact that he knows what we have in the pipeline at QB.  He wants to go to a flashier (at least for now) program, which is fine if he hadn't committed at the AR Sports HoF.  That kinda irks me, but he's just a kid who jumped too quick. 
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Vantage 8 dude

Totally none. BA will only be our QB for one more year. I'm assuming that wherever KJ intends going he plans to be there for far longer than that.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Poppa Tart on January 30, 2015, 12:57:26 pm
None, for the simple fact that he knows what we have in the pipeline at QB.  He wants to go to a flashier (at least for now) program, which is fine if he hadn't committed at the AR Sports HoF.  That kinda irks me, but he's just a kid who jumped too quick. 

if it plays out that he just verbally committed to the Hogs just to temporarily get the heat off and never had any intent on honoring the commitment, then I don't wish him any ill will but don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split you
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Michael D Huff AIA

I want Hill to go to a school that is best for him.  Let's put that out there off the top. 

Message to future recruits: if you have ANY doubt, don't commit to any school.  Don't give your word as a man (and they are men) and then take it back.  You play a man's game and you certainly want to be treated like men, so act like a man and honor your word.  I guess a man's word is no longer his bond.

This is the single worst aspect of recruiting/NSD.  It would be much better if the athletes in question would be men and stand by their word.  They've only given it to a head coach, his staff, the other players, and hundreds of thousands if not millions of fans.  Every time a kid decommits or "opens up his recruiting" it reeks of money and shady back room deals.  I've felt this way for years, and with the infiltration of money in larger and larger quantities into the sport, it's hard for that feeling not to grow.

And while we are at it, on NSD knock it off with the "three hats on the table and grab one and put it down and then grab another" thing.  That's played and tired and disrespectful.  Just show up at your press conference, put on a hat, sign on the line, take pictures and get on ESPN.  That's enough without all the pretense and drama.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on January 30, 2015, 01:52:08 pm
I want Hill to go to a school that is best for him.  Let's put that out there off the top. 

Message to future recruits: if you have ANY doubt, don't commit to any school.  Don't give your word as a man (and they are men) and then take it back.  You play a man's game and you certainly want to be treated like men, so act like a man and honor your word.  I guess a man's word is no longer his bond.

This is the single worst aspect of recruiting/NSD.  It would be much better if the athletes in question would be men and stand by their word.  They've only given it to a head coach, his staff, the other players, and hundreds of thousands if not millions of fans.  Every time a kid decommits or "opens up his recruiting" it reeks of money and shady back room deals.  I've felt this way for years, and with the infiltration of money in larger and larger quantities into the sport, it's hard for that feeling not to grow.

And while we are at it, on NSD knock it off with the "three hats on the table and grab one and put it down and then grab another" thing.  That's played and tired and disrespectful.  Just show up at your press conference, put on a hat, sign on the line, take pictures and get on ESPN.  That's enough without all the pretense and drama.
Good points all. BTW I think one thing that really have a fans steamed up about the Hill saga is that in the vast majority of cases instate kids who've chosen not to sign with the Hogs also haven't made much published public commits to the team only to shortly thereafter begin "crawfishing" on the decision. With such kids as Mallett, B. Green and we were never really led to believe they were be Razorbacks, even though we certainly know they eventually "saw the light". As far as Tenpenny and K. Jackson are concerned we never really had a chance from the "get go". And for Dyer-well we all remember the infamous "hood vid" where he publicly trashed the Hogs-so we were never led down the "primrose path" when it came to his intentions.

K.J. played the "game" to its max and toyed with the hopes and expectations of the fan base by very publicly committing even before the season began. Therein lies a MAJOR difference in the heated reaction of many fans.

ifghog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 30, 2015, 02:50:59 pm
Good points all. BTW I think one thing that really have a fans steamed up about the Hill saga is that in the vast majority of cases instate kids who've chosen not to sign with the Hogs also haven't made much published public commits to the team only to shortly thereafter begin "crawfishing" on the decision. With such kids as Mallett, B. Green and we were never really led to believe they were be Razorbacks, even though we certainly know they eventually "saw the light". As far as Tenpenny and K. Jackson are concerned we never really had a chance from the "get go". And for Dyer-well we all remember the infamous "hood vid" where he publicly trashed the Hogs-so we were never led down the "primrose path" when it came to his intentions.

K.J. played the "game" to its max and toyed with the hopes and expectations of the fan base by very publicly committing even before the season began. Therein lies a MAJOR difference in the heated reaction of many fans.
+1

Paul

I don't want him to put his home state university's cap on that table

ricepig

Quote from: Paul on January 30, 2015, 03:55:42 pm
I don't want him to put his home state university's cap on that table

Surely he has more respect than that, I suspect he'll announce his school on Sunday night.

Cave City Joe

"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

HSVhogfan2

It's not the QB, it's the system. And not a flame on CBB. He will have no trouble signing 4* RBs and OL. Receivers not as much.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

Chief Mac

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on January 30, 2015, 06:55:51 pm
It's not the QB, it's the system. And not a flame on CBB. He will have no trouble signing 4* RBs and OL. Receivers not as much.

Kendrick Edwards, Jared Cornelius and JoJo Robinson (4star) say hi

hview

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on January 30, 2015, 08:08:11 pm
Kendrick Edwards, Jared Cornelius and JoJo Robinson (4star) say hi

One of three? Really? And maybe you didn't comprehend all of the post. I didn't say he would never sign one, just not as much as OL and RBs.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

ricepig

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on January 30, 2015, 08:16:05 pm
One of three? Really? And maybe you didn't comprehend all of the post. I didn't say he would never sign one, just not as much as OL and RBs.

Correct, it won't be as high a priority, in my thinking, or lack thereof.

gawntrail

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Once again here we go.  If he comes here greatest ever if not good riddance.  That stuff serves zero purpose.  If I had hopes of being drafted someday at the receiver position I'm not sure the hogs would be my first choice either. 

Jeez a Lou. 
Let's make some waves.

Great and very accurate post.
Let's make some waves.

murthage

Well.....
I still don't understand the constant inclusion of Ryan Mallet in the list of defectors from the Arkansas Razorbacks.  Mallet did not do any of the shenanigans that Dyer, and most recently KJ have done.  If I remember correctly, he was more anti Nutt or vice versa, rather than anti Razorbacks.  Just Saying.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: murthage on January 30, 2015, 10:53:00 pm
Well.....
I still don't understand the constant inclusion of Ryan Mallet in the list of defectors from the Arkansas Razorbacks.  Mallet did not do any of the shenanigans that Dyer, and most recently KJ have done.  If I remember correctly, he was more anti Nutt or vice versa, rather than anti Razorbacks.  Just Saying.

There are a LOT of rumors that Mallet was lightly recruited by nutt. And the rumors are that lightly is an overstatement. But they are rumors so who knows.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on January 30, 2015, 11:05:07 pm
There are a LOT of rumors that Mallet was lightly recruited by nutt. And the rumors are that lightly is an overstatement. But they are rumors so who knows.

Nutt just KNEW RM would make a helluva tight end!

Veni Sancte Spiritus

cpohog

If I remember correctly, Mallett attend camp at Arkansas and Nutt tried him at TE. Nutt was hand off left, hand off right, Smoke draw up the middle and punt. Mallett wanted a chance to throw the ball and knew that he would not be given that chance.

Vantage 8 dude

Well.....
I certainly wouldn't classify him as a "defector" although it's general knowledge he wanted to be a Hog from the very start. As others have pointed out, however, it was Nutt's original plans NOT to play him at QB that were screwed up. Real recognizer of talent was ole Hootie.

Huds_HawgTide

so, what do you say to tj smith, rawleigh williams, and all others who have ever been committed elsewhere but changed there minds to us...joe adams was committed to USC and flipped...i get what your saying but u took it a lil too far and its pretty hypocritical....my big thing is his step dad seems to be about the attn, glamour, money, glory, spotlight
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Pork Twain

Zero...  He was not even on campus, has no impact this year. 
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hogman2

I am tired of hearing about KJ Hill!  Since he has decided to leave his home state, I HAVE DECIDED to never mention his name again.  I hope he plans to LIVE wherever he signs because who cares about him NOW! I hope he experiences the same anonymous college career as Tenpenney!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogman2 on February 01, 2015, 08:02:37 am
I am tired of hearing about KJ Hill!  Since he has decided to leave his home state, I HAVE DECIDED to never mention his name again.  I hope he plans to LIVE wherever he signs because who cares about him NOW! I hope he experiences the same anonymous college career as Tenpenney!

He is uncommitted to anyone at this point. I hope that he makes the best decision for himself, whether that ends up being Arkansas or elsewhere. I think he would benefit both as a person and an athlete by being a part of Bielema's program, but that isn't our decision to make.

Given the apparent involvement of the adults in his life, this has to be a difficult time for him. A young man with an important decision to make. We shouldn't feel anything against him personally should he choose to go elsewhere. This is just football. Like another young man on our team who had some parental issues surrounding his signing, Hill will be better off when he gets on campus, wherever that might be.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogman2

Muskogee:  He cancelled his official visit to Arkansas!  HE is GONE! OVER!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogman2 on February 01, 2015, 08:29:21 am
Muskogee:  He cancelled his official visit to Arkansas!  HE is GONE! OVER!!!

I'm aware. If you read my post, I don't care where he goes.
Go Hogs Go!

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 01, 2015, 08:16:23 am
He is uncommitted to anyone at this point. I hope that he makes the best decision for himself, whether that ends up being Arkansas or elsewhere. I think he would benefit both as a person and an athlete by being a part of Bielema's program, but that isn't our decision to make.

Given the apparent involvement of the adults in his life, this has to be a difficult time for him. A young man with an important decision to make. We shouldn't feel anything against him personally should he choose to go elsewhere. This is just football. Like another young man on our team who had some parental issues surrounding his signing, Hill will be better off when he gets on campus, wherever that might be.

That he has not committed elsewhere at this point is interesting. Could be more interesting the later it gets and spots start getting filled.

buldozer

Not sure it made any difference at all. I hope the best for Hill, but there is a decent chance he will end up like Tenpenny. While Tenpenny was rushing for 218 yards in two seasons at Bama, Alex Collins was rushing for 2126 at Arkansas. Oh well, just light up and move along I guess.... looks like thats what Tenpenny is doing.

Hogarusa

BA is a SR.  KJ could possibly come in and redshirt and never have to play one snap with BA as his QB.  I would say zero impact.  Its tough to beat Bama and Ohio St in recruiting
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Hoggish1

What's his resume?

Hoggish1

This would go a long toward continuing to be a man and not an act...

Hoggish1

Is this a joke? 

We run a pro O.  When you play in the NFL, as a receiver, you better be able to block studs for your running game and take passes over the middle with beasts drawing a bead on you vulnerable frame.

I can think of no better O to prep in than ours...!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 30, 2015, 09:47:46 pm
Once again here we go.  If he comes here greatest ever if not good riddance.  That stuff serves zero purpose.  If I had hopes of being drafted someday at the receiver position I'm not sure the hogs would be my first choice either. 

Jeez a Lou. 

I'm afraid you don't quite understand the nature of this thread.

Hoggish1

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on January 30, 2015, 11:05:07 pm

The rumor you speak of, about Mallett, is Nuts wanted him to be a tight end.

I don't have a clue about Mr. Hill.  Heard on Hogville he was good, very good.  He is a receiver and he may be changing his mind due to the QB situation at both OSU and BAMA and the fact that those offenses tend to throw it more than we do.  If you are a very good WR, you would want to go where they wing it more.  Or he may just be a person who wants the biggest stage to show dog his talent.  Dozens of reasons he changed his mind.  Maybe Chaney leaving??  Him being homegrown, wish he had come to Arkansas.  But it is his life and decision.  Good luck to him.  The old days of us keeping the local best has been long gone for 20 years. 

3kgthog

Would ya'll please get the Mallett-TE story right? I'm not an HDN fan, but you guys have been blaming Nutt incorrectly for years and that story never fails to show up at least 3-4 times a year.

Mallett was quoted in the Demozette before our 2nd game against Nutt at OM. "That's not true at all," Mallett said, recalling his attendance of Nutt's Razorback summer camps. "One time in summer camp I asked to play the [tight end] position just to mess around because I had been to the camp so many times. And people kind of took that the wrong way. That had nothing to do with my choice in college."

As for our current offense, Hatcher had just as many catches as any Bama receiver not named Cooper. If he had Cooper's talent, he would've been targeted more. The recruit that shall remain nameless is simply being handled away from Arkansas and his friends for what is a bigger name program but not a better fit. Simple as that.

ricepig

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 01, 2015, 11:57:03 am
Would ya'll please get the Mallett-TE story right? I'm not an HDN fan, but you guys have been blaming Nutt incorrectly for years and that story never fails to show up at least 3-4 times a year.

Mallett was quoted in the Demozette before our 2nd game against Nutt at OM. "That's not true at all," Mallett said, recalling his attendance of Nutt's Razorback summer camps. "One time in summer camp I asked to play the [tight end] position just to mess around because I had been to the camp so many times. And people kind of took that the wrong way. That had nothing to do with my choice in college."

As for our current offense, Hatcher had just as many catches as any Bama receiver not named Cooper. If he had Cooper's talent, he would've been targeted more. The recruit that shall remain nameless is simply being handled away from Arkansas and his friends for what is a bigger name program but not a better fit. Simple as that.

Can't find anything to disagree in this, pretty well on the mark.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: cpohog on January 31, 2015, 07:01:47 am
If I remember correctly, Mallett attend camp at Arkansas and Nutt tried him at TE. Nutt was hand off left, hand off right, Smoke draw up the middle and punt. Mallett wanted a chance to throw the ball and knew that he would not be given that chance.

Ryan stated several times he would not sign with any school that had signed another highly recruited QB in his class or the class before his. Mitch was a big reason Mallett didn't consider us more his SR. year. According to what he told recruiting guys.

By the time Mitch Transferred Mallett was already enrolled at Michigan. Im not saying Ryan would have signed without Mitch coming here. But he probably would have atleast officially visited.

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 01, 2015, 09:41:57 am
I'm afraid you don't quite understand the nature of this thread.

I'm afraid you don't quite understand why I made the post I did.
Let's make some waves.

Großer Kriegschwein

Well.....

We had already signed Mustain and he committed to Michigan because of that. Kept his word after the debochery on the Hill and went to Michigan.

Rich Rod told him to find a new school, Mustain was gone and BP had been hired. Redshirt a year and then, well you see what happened.
This is my non-signature signature.

DeltaBoy

The Fat Lady has not sang just yet.  Lets all relax and see what NSD brings.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.