Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema almost left Wisconsin for the Dolphins in 2012?

Started by JackJohnson, January 30, 2015, 11:20:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 01, 2015, 02:35:33 pm
No I am saying put any QB on the Seahawks the last 2 years and they would still be in the Super Bowl.

Incorrect.  While they would not see a drop off like New England would if the QB went down (Gosh could you imagine either one of those happening tonight), that team needs a QB like wilson to extend plays.  They would drop off with the TB QB's, Raiders QB, Bills, St louis, Cutler, and a few more just off the top of my head. 

sooeey pig pig pig

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 01, 2015, 04:30:10 pm
Incorrect.  While they would not see a drop off like New England would if the QB went down (Gosh could you imagine either one of those happening tonight), that team needs a QB like wilson to extend plays.  They would drop off with the TB QB's, Raiders QB, Bills, St louis, Cutler, and a few more just off the top of my head.

I'm not sure.  Didn't Matt Cassell take New England to the Superbowl way back when Brady got his leg broken? 

onebadrubi

Quote from: sooeey pig pig pig on February 01, 2015, 04:31:27 pm
I'm not sure.  Didn't Matt Cassell take New England to the Superbowl way back when Brady got his leg broken?

Missed the playoffs that year, 2008 I believe. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 01, 2015, 04:38:06 pm
Missed the playoffs that year, 2008 I believe. 

Yes they didn't make the playoffs with an 11 win season. 

I'm not saying that Wilson is a terrible QB, but that team is in the Super Bowl because of the defense and lynch.  Many QBs in the league would be excited to have a great RB and and a great defense. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

onebadrubi

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 01, 2015, 06:34:58 pm
Yes they didn't make the playoffs with an 11 win season. 

I'm not saying that Wilson is a terrible QB, but that team is in the Super Bowl because of the defense and lynch.  Many QBs in the league would be excited to have a great RB and and a great defense.

Well, if wilson didn't make that throw for the 2 point conversion they wouldn't be there

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 01, 2015, 07:34:09 pm
Well, if wilson didn't make that throw for the 2 point conversion they wouldn't be there

If the defense doesn't hold Green Bay out of the endzone and lynch goes off for 110 yards and 2 touchdowns it would have been a huge blowout because of the 4 ints Wilson threw.   So again.  He isn't a terrible QB, but they are there because of the defense and their RB.   

onebadrubi

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 01, 2015, 08:02:28 pm
If the defense doesn't hold Green Bay out of the endzone and lynch goes off for 110 yards and 2 touchdowns it would have been a huge blowout because of the 4 ints Wilson threw.   So again.  He isn't a terrible QB, but they are there because of the defense and their RB.

I won't tell you, you can do the research.  Go back and figure out how many of those INT's were in the receivers, tipped when thrown very well. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 01, 2015, 08:54:07 pm
I won't tell you, you can do the research.  Go back and figure out how many of those INT's were in the receivers, tipped when thrown very well. 

Ints still fall on the QB.  Want to blame that last one he threw in the Super Bowl on the reciever also?   

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 02, 2015, 06:30:11 am
Ints still fall on the QB.  Want to blame that last one he threw in the Super Bowl on the reciever also?
No. I blame that on the coach. Terrible play call.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 02, 2015, 06:30:11 am

That's a timing throw that is called before the ball is snapped.  That's not so much on the QB as it is such a great play and scouting by pats. 

No one, absolutely no one has blamed wilson for that INT. 

Again, 2/3rds or more of the league could not replace wilson and keep the seahawks as good

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on February 02, 2015, 09:00:51 am
No. I blame that on the coach. Terrible play call.

Then Wilson could have made an audible.  That is why he is a game manager and not an elite QB in my mind.  When it's the coach having to make all the calls then you are  just a game manager. 

Great QBs make calls themselves also instead of following every single call by the coach. 

So again like I have said many times.  Wilson isn't a terrible QB, but they were there because of that defense and marshawn lynch.  Many QBs in the league would be extremely happy to have that defense and that RB on their teams. 

gawntrail

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 02, 2015, 12:29:02 pm
Then Wilson could have made an audible.  That is why he is a game manager and not an elite QB in my mind.  When it's the coach having to make all the calls then you are  just a game manager. 

Great QBs make calls themselves also instead of following every single call by the coach. 

So again like I have said many times.  Wilson isn't a terrible QB, but they were there because of that defense and marshawn lynch.  Many QBs in the league would be extremely happy to have that defense and that RB on their teams.

Why would a QB audible out of the rub/slant into a run when the numbers were in their favor for the call?

PorcineSublime

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 02, 2015, 12:29:02 pm

If that amazing defense that won the game for him against GB hadn't let NE score 14 points in the 4th, Wilson would have kneeling on the ball in the end instead trying to make the game winning play. I would say it was a team loss, but bottom line is that Pete crapped the bed on that last call. If I had Tom Brady and Peyton Mannings genetically engineered clone baby in the game I still would have given it to Lynch.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: gawntrail on February 02, 2015, 05:51:26 pm
Why would a QB audible out of the rub/slant into a run when the numbers were in their favor for the call?

It was a bad call that's why you audible out of it.   If you are going to throw it make sure only your reciever or no one catches the ball.    You just rushed it down their throats.  They weren't calling a time out you have one of the best backs in the league with 28 seconds left and a timeout.  You run the ball every down and make them stop you.  Chances are very good that he would have scored rather than throw it into coverage in the middle of the field.   

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: PorcineSublime on February 02, 2015, 05:55:33 pm
If that amazing defense that won the game for him against GB hadn't let NE score 14 points in the 4th, Wilson would have kneeling on the ball in the end instead trying to make the game winning play. I would say it was a team loss, but bottom line is that Pete crapped the bed on that last call. If I had Tom Brady and Peyton Mannings genetically engineered clone baby in the game I still would have given it to Lynch.

Yes pete did make a very bad call.  You are right the defense wasn't able to stop them in the 4th quarter.  It's why it sucks having a game manager as a QB instead of an elite QB.   As you can see Brady is an elite QB.  Wilson is a game manager.   If he doesn't have the great RB and the great defense they are maybe a playoff team occasionally with him.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 02, 2015, 06:10:50 pm
It was a bad call that's why you audible out of it.   If you are going to throw it make sure only your reciever or no one catches the ball.    You just rushed it down their throats.  They weren't calling a time out you have one of the best backs in the league with 28 seconds left and a timeout.  You run the ball every down and make them stop you.  Chances are very good that he would have scored rather than throw it into coverage in the middle of the field.

You just keep trying, but you still aren't going to win this argument. 

The coach called a rub/slant.  They took 100% of the credit afterwards.  We have heard numerous coaches come in and say they had two plays called and one was a check blah blah blah.  Wilson HAS CHECKS on his command.  The coaches called this play and the defense even gave you the look you wanted for it.  You won't give a DB credit when the rest of the WORLD is. 

Nobody is saying Wilson is going to unseat Brady as one of the best actively in the game. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 02, 2015, 06:16:01 pm
Yes pete did make a very bad call.  You are right the defense wasn't able to stop them in the 4th quarter.  It's why it sucks having a game manager as a QB instead of an elite QB.   As you can see Brady is an elite QB.  Wilson is a game manager.   If he doesn't have the great RB and the great defense they are maybe a playoff team occasionally with him.

For pete sakes his leading WR last night was working at Foot locker last year!!!!!!!!!

HiggiePiggy

Well I'm done. There is no point in arguing with you.  You obviously think Wilson is elite.  I do not.   So I will just leave it at that. 

gawntrail

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 02, 2015, 06:10:50 pm

I'm not arguing the call.  I say pound the rock. 

I'm questioning you saying any qb should check out of any playcall when the numbers are in favor of the call.  And, then you double down insisting that he sucks cause he didn't countermand the 'bad' call and check out with only 1 timeout and the clock ticking down.... That makes no sense.  NONE.

The play call was explained.  They were playing for three more shots not two.  We can all disagree and argue the decision 'til the cows come home.  But, Pete Carroll is the man that gets to explain.  In the heat of the moment, the call was made.  That kid made a spectacular drive on that route to pick it.  Nobody saw that coming.  It was a great game.  Baffling call considering a proven stud in the backfield snortin' fire, but.....  That kid made a hell of a play when it mattered.    And, from the way it looks to me, management in Seattle is pissed about not winning.  I would be too.  That's very different from the 30 other NFL management teams pissed about not being there.

Wilson is an upper tier QB in this league.  It may very well be on the backs of his defense and stud RB, but, even the most obtuse observer can see that you can't just plug in any QB in Seattle and get to the SB.  Think Geno Smith gets Seattle there? 

HiggiePiggy

Where do you get that the numbers are in favor of a pass play into the middle of the field into coverage?   

gawntrail

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 02, 2015, 08:23:01 pm
Where do you get that the numbers are in favor of a pass play into the middle of the field into coverage?

Man across the board FS spying QB.  Goal line D in to stuff tackle to tackle.  Rub/slant called on rookie DB... Did I miss something?  The pass should have been in his gut and low, but, there is NOTHING in that pre snap alignment that warrants changing to read/option, which was the only run switch available considering that formation.

HiggiePiggy

Well we will disagree on that.   Best play would be to go to your RB that had 24 carries for 110 yards and a TD with 4.3 yards per carry.  The one that just ran up the cut for 4 yards and put you on the 1 yard line.   

gawntrail

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 02, 2015, 08:53:12 pm
Well we will disagree on that.   Best play would be to go to your RB that had 24 carries for 110 yards and a TD with 4.3 yards per carry.  The one that just ran up the cut for 4 yards and put you on the 1 yard line.

The sidelines called the play.  I, too believe you let Lynch thunder it up.  But, it was not Wilson's call.  He made a good presnap read, and threw a decent ball.  To far away from the body for my liking, but decent enough.  The DB made a hell of a play.

sooeey pig pig pig

Quote from: gawntrail on February 02, 2015, 09:03:55 pm
The sidelines called the play.  I, too believe you let Lynch thunder it up.  But, it was not Wilson's call.  He made a good presnap read, and threw a decent ball.  To far away from the body for my liking, but decent enough.  The DB made a hell of a play.

Also nobody seems to be saying that it was a catchable ball, which it seems to me it was.  The WR wasn't aggressive enough IMO, as the ball seemed to pass through a gap between his hands. 

gawntrail

Quote from: sooeey pig pig pig on February 02, 2015, 09:09:46 pm
Also nobody seems to be saying that it was a catchable ball, which it seems to me it was.  The WR wasn't aggressive enough IMO, as the ball seemed to pass through a gap between his hands.

I agree.  Unfortunately for Seattle, it seemed like a few things happened all at once.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on February 02, 2015, 08:23:01 pm

Three in coverage (3 WR's) and 8 on the line or in gaps, wasn't like they were in a 4-4 having 4 lb's 5 yards off the line

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

onebadrubi

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 03, 2015, 09:45:47 am
More pub ref: this thread
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/could-bret-bielema-take-nfl-job-down-road/
Does SDD ever have any leading story lines or original info?

Seems as if any one of us could do what they do.  They are days late on any information, just write it differently and use different images, they use early hypothetical names for coaching searches, and never break anything.