Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Arkansas head coach would be most likely to deflate footballs?

Started by sooeey pig pig pig, January 30, 2015, 10:53:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Of current and former head coaches, which one would most likely gain unfair advantage by deflating footballs just before kickoff?

Bret Beilema
John L.
Bobby
Reggie Herring
Hootie
Danny Ford
Kines
Jack Crowe
Kenny Hatfield
Lou Holtz
Broyles
John Barnhill
Fred Thomsen
Bezdek

sooeey pig pig pig

Please elaborate your reasoning.

(Results will be displayed after voting.  You can vote for up to 2 coaches.)

LRHawg

sooeey pig pig pig

Does anyone else think that 10 Ties for Thomsen (which is amazing, given the odds) in about 10 years might indicate that he would have done just about anything for that slight advantage that comes with deflating a football in cold weather especially?  I didn't check the box that would have allowed you to change your answer, but if I had have, I would select Thomsen as most likely to deflate.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Smokehouse

I feel like Bobby would be most likely to do it regularly, with HDN being most likely to be frantically scrambling for some way to save a game in the second half and order an assistant to deflate the balls on the sideline where ESPN cameras easily spot what's happening.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

jrulz83

Nutt and Herring because they're the biggest morons on the list.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Paul

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Doug

Glad to see that Ole Rootie Tootie Fresh'n Hootie is getting some love here... he was my #1 choice.

I wish there were 3 options, because initially I picked Jonelle as my second... then changed to Spittin' Lou Holtz.

As much as he bags on the Hogs now, I could see him sabotaging the game easily.

Love that people are picking Herring, too. He'd just dress the damn balls in Pink and scream 'em into self-deflating submission, though.

Petrino would just F-bomb the footballs.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

jrulz83

Quote from: Paul on January 30, 2015, 11:20:10 am
Herring is not even in the same neighborhood as the other

You talkin' to me?

Sure he is, a moron only gets hired by a moron. Ergo; by the transitive property of moronity; Herring is a moron.  :)
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

cgodsey

Hootie would have Danny boy do it so he could claim ignorance...

rzrbaxfan

I voted for Nutt initially.  After thinking it over, I wonder if Nutt could ever dream up something like this.  He'd probably just get a friend to send insulting emails to the person that inflates the balls.

"Dear Mr. Hard Balls..."

I will ponder this more over a Frito Pie.

lasthog

Danny Ford. 'Cause he didn't care what anybody thought.

Clever question. +1

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on January 30, 2015, 11:56:16 am
I voted for Nutt initially.  After thinking it over, I wonder if Nutt could ever dream up something like this.  He'd probably just get a friend to send insulting emails to the person that inflates the balls.

"Dear Mr. Hard Balls..."

Excellent funny post of the day candidate!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on January 30, 2015, 11:56:16 am

"Dear Mr. Hard Balls..."

I can just hear nutty now "Hey Chuck I called those deflated balls YEAAAAAAAA".
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

PonderinHog

Quote from: cgodsey on January 30, 2015, 11:51:56 am
Hootie would have Danny boy do it so he could claim ignorance...
Hootie owns ignorance.

Anyway, I picked Ford.

husker71

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Hawgzinbowlz

Intentionally : Hootie and Handlebars Bobby

Unintentionally : JLS

" GO HOGS "

Chief Mac

Quote from: Doug on January 30, 2015, 11:29:26 am
Glad to see that Ole Rootie Tootie Fresh'n Hootie is getting some love here... he was my #1 choice.

I wish there were 3 options, because initially I picked Jonelle as my second... then changed to Spittin' Lou Holtz.

As much as he bags on the Hogs now, I could see him sabotaging the game easily.

Love that people are picking Herring, too. He'd just dress the damn balls in Pink and scream 'em into self-deflating submission, though.

Petrino would just F-bomb the footballs.

doubt Hootie would have been smart enough to understand the potential competitive advantage
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

OLDHOG

Peter Porker

Petrino because he took the biggest crap on our prograM. The biggest.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

BadHog

I voted for Nutt but now that I think about it, he would be too stupid to even think about that. Wonder if he knows what PSI is?
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

welchog

justmakeit2thebcs

Amityvillehogger

The only balls Petrino is deflating is........ Ahh. Nevermind.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hawginbigd1

Oh come on people everybody knows Danny Ford was run off because of cheating at Clemson, and wanted to break ??Manning or Shuler's leg?? He has to be the winner!!!!

second would be Lou, he was quite the magician back in the day, did a trick on Carson show I believe even!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: BadHog on January 30, 2015, 01:52:43 pm
I voted for Nutt but now that I think about it, he would be too stupid to even think about that. Wonder if he knows what PSI is?

New menu item at Alma sonic
This is my non-signature signature.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: lasthog on January 30, 2015, 12:00:45 pm
Danny Ford. 'Cause he didn't care what anybody thought.

Clever question. +1

Me too... Once a cheata always a cheata...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

outsider

BroyledNutts

I picked Bobby...he's the Bill Belichik of the NCAA...

Hootie's so stupid he'd be trying to blow on the footballs to deflate them.

LAHogfan123

The only reason I picked Bobby and not Hootie was because Hootie would be to dumb to know how to deflate the footballs.  Him and Danny both would suck on that thing for all it's worth trying to suck the air thru that tiny hole only to pass out and almost die from it, so my vote goes to Bobby.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

reddogjcss

ME. I'm arm chair coach and in close game I would. It ain't cheating unless u get caught. Lol. Push it to the limit and just a little further.

BadHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 30, 2015, 03:20:40 pm

LMAO!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Ethan2010

"That was a called deflation, and I called it chuck"- Houston dale

Pig Worshipper

I voted for Petrino.

It's a good thing that Mark Mangino never coached the Hogs. He could deflate a football faster than any of those guys.

BlueBox

clew

Think yall missed the most relevant angle. Bobbie would do it to win. Hootie  would do it to make his preferred QB look better than the more talented quarterback.
Pure as the dawn

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Cave City Joe

"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

Boardon Hamsay

I bet Wear Schoonover would have been an 8lb psi max kind of guy. I bet he would have found a way to throw a 75 yard perfect spiral using a deflated whoopie cushion.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

jswineberiaskirk

Bobby - I say this as a lifelong Raiders fan. Just win baby. The things Al is reputed to have done back in the day make deflategate look like church.

Styflin

Quote from: Smokehouse on January 30, 2015, 11:13:22 am
I feel like Bobby would be most likely to do it regularly, with HDN being most likely to be frantically scrambling for some way to save a game in the second half and order an assistant to deflate the balls on the sideline where ESPN cameras easily spot what's happening.

/Thread

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 30, 2015, 03:20:40 pm

Too bad he didn't cheat on defense. We may have won a couple national championships.
This is my non-signature signature.

pigbacon

I only picked one, obviously Bobby.

If tampering was considered, Broyles would have aired them up so dang tight that even Oliver Miller's soft hands couldn't have caught a ball (I do understand it's about throwing, but assume it could help a receiver also), trying to eliminate 1 of the 2 bad things that can happen when you pass. 

Nutt wouldn't even understand the concept, but when convinced would probably put his lips to the thing and try to suck the air out.

The rest I really don't know.

thebignasty

Quote from: Chris McWilliams on January 30, 2015, 01:20:08 pm

doubt Hootie would have been smart enough to understand the potential competitive advantage

Surprised this isn't  the prevailing opinion on hootie.

hogwild6700

Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.