Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Football Recruiting: Which New Coach Will Become the Best Recruiter?

Started by rowdy1, January 14, 2013, 09:06:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rowdy1

According to the Bleacher Report/USA Today of course all of you Mazahn haters will be quick to say is a site that has no idea what it's talking about....let the haters begin!!

John Reed-USA TODAY Sports

Verdict: Gus Malzahn, Auburn

Malzahn may have the most upside out of all four new coaches in the SEC. His exciting brand of offense should be a huge draw with recruits, and he has a lot of SEC experience as an assistant—which means SEC pipelines.

He'll also benefit from the fact that Auburn, in general, is a big recruiting draw by itself. The Tigers boast one of the more well-known college football programs in the country, so they'll be on the radar with a lot of recruits.

Malzahn was smart and hired a great assistant coaching staff, and overall, he seems to be walking in to the best situation.

Sometimes being a great recruiter is just as much about the coaches and situation around you as it is about your skill-set on the recruiting trail.

In Malzahn's case, it looks to be a combination of all of those factors.   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Stop bitching! Don't believe everything you read.  Do the research!  Believe in the Hogs~

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

HOGINTENNESSEE

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

The GA Hawg Fan

I would rephrase the question and say which staff is best at recruiting.
We will all find out soon enough.

ldfergu

redbarn

Auburn just had Five-star defensive lineman Dee Liner de-commit today.  Their recruiting ranking will go down quite a bit.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

TNRazorbacker

Auburn has always recruited well. Malzahn will too. I'm glad we have coach B but I'd have been glad to get Malzahn too.  I do think Malzahn would have locked AR down like no coach has in some time. Part of me also wonders if we missed an opportunity to bring home an up and coming native son who is bound for success. Whats done is done though. Time will tell on all the rest.

HG

Thing is, while both coaches will recruit talent, they would be recruiting different kinds of talent in many ways, and utilizing it differently.  Example:  Josh Frazier, Class of '14.  No doubt Gus would have done his deadlevel best to get the guy here, but I'm willing to bet CBB actually wants him here because Frazier is perfect for the sort of defense CBB runs.  I assume he'll be courted by major 3-4 teams all over as well, but I can't see Gus really having a specific plan for a player like that, just a general "heck, he's good" outlook.

lilRockNDubb

Just a quick question.

Who recruits more, the assistants or the head coach?

Ayahuasca

No one from USA TODAY wrote this.

Quote from: rowdy1 on January 14, 2013, 09:06:56 pm
According to the Bleacher Report/USA Today of course all of you Mazahn haters will be quick to say is a site that has no idea what it's talking about....let the haters begin!!

John Reed-USA TODAY Sports

Verdict: Gus Malzahn, Auburn

Malzahn may have the most upside out of all four new coaches in the SEC. His exciting brand of offense should be a huge draw with recruits, and he has a lot of SEC experience as an assistant—which means SEC pipelines.

He'll also benefit from the fact that Auburn, in general, is a big recruiting draw by itself. The Tigers boast one of the more well-known college football programs in the country, so they'll be on the radar with a lot of recruits.

Malzahn was smart and hired a great assistant coaching staff, and overall, he seems to be walking in to the best situation.

Sometimes being a great recruiter is just as much about the coaches and situation around you as it is about your skill-set on the recruiting trail.

In Malzahn's case, it looks to be a combination of all of those factors.   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Do you really not understand what Bleacher Report means?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1481023-sec-football-recruiting-which-new-coach-will-become-the-best-recruiter

WaltKowalski

Auburn will continue to pay players under Malzahn. It will work for him about as well as it did for Nutt at Ole Miss. Kids will not go play for a sub .500 team.

mikeindallas

where on gods green earth did you see anything with that report associated with usa today rowdy? you do understand that bleacher report doesn't pay their columnist anything.  the kid that wrote that article is a college student. just curious rowdy when you pray to gus is it the grown man gus or the baby gus?  why not go be an auburn fan?

http://auburn.rivals.com/forum.asp

knock yourself out

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.