Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big win for the Hogs.i love it Hogs 97 Olre Miss 93

Started by forrest city joe, January 20, 2018, 05:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Mjs84

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 20, 2018, 05:22:15 pm
And we won. the Hogs won. and i know that pisses you Mike Anderson haters off. get over it!

Mike Andersons teams are capable of beating anyone at home!   He's also capable of losing to literally everyone on the road.  We have a mixed bag for a coach.  But this is the time to celebrate a home win.  I will be back for the next road game and let's face it, we all know what to expect.

razorpimp

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 21, 2018, 08:31:19 am
You can cry about Mike Anderson until the cows come home.he is going to be the coach here unless he leaves on his own. and it's because he is winning games,and selling out Bud Walton again.so you haters are in bad shape right now. so you may as well stop your whining.

FCJoe Anderson is the biggest hater of them all!  He wanted Pelphrey, Nutt, and Bielemas heads, he would call in and bash them and their teams on the radio shows plus bash them and hate on them here on Hogville....

That is the definition of hater

hawgfan4life

Quote from: razored on January 20, 2018, 05:36:08 pm
A 4 point win against a crappy ole piss team at home is nothing to CROW about
But alas some people relish wallowing in mediocrity

...and some relish in negativity.

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

The OTR

Quote from: razorpimp on January 21, 2018, 04:35:19 pm
FCJoe Anderson is the biggest hater of them all!  He wanted Pelphrey, Nutt, and Bielemas heads, he would call in and bash them and their teams on the radio shows plus bash them and hate on them here on Hogville....

That is the definition of hater

It does seem like he's pretty loyal to Mike these days.  Doesn't seem like he's been as loyal to other coaches or any athletic department personal through the years as i believe I would be challenged to find one coach other than Mike that he hasn't called out to be fired.  If anyone can let me know another coach fcj hasn't demanded to be fired I will apologize to the board for the second time today for being wrong.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 21, 2018, 05:50:44 pm
It does seem like he's pretty loyal to Mike these days.  Doesn't seem like he's been as loyal to other coaches or any athletic department personal through the years as i believe I would be challenged to find one coach other than Mike that he hasn't called out to be fired.  If anyone can let me know another coach fcj hasn't demanded to be fired I will apologize to the board for the second time today for being wrong.

Petrino
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

The OTR

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 21, 2018, 06:09:56 pm
Petrino

I apologize for being wrong twice today, this time as it relates to Mr. Forrest City Joe and his calling for the heads of all coaches except Petrino and Anderson. 

26.2Hog

It does seem like he's pretty loyal to Mike these days.

Seems like?  I know it's an old, overused cliche, but he would have MA's babies if he could.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

hamsam

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 21, 2018, 07:58:05 pm
Seems like?  I know it's an old, overused cliche, but he would have MA's babies if he could.

Oh man. Close your eyes and picture that... 🤮
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

onebadrubi

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 20, 2018, 06:12:08 pm
Its ridiculous to call for the coach's head in the middle of the season.

Whew, glad you don't follow the football forums!

forrest city joe

I did not call for CBP to be fired.that's one. never called for Kenny Hatfield to be fired.get your facts right before posting. i support Mike Anderson because he is a good coach that's winning games.something Pel and coach B were not doing. it's not that hard to understand.

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 22, 2018, 10:07:31 am
I did not call for CBP to be fired.that's one. never called for Kenny Hatfield to be fired.get your facts right before posting. i support Mike Anderson because he is a good coach that's winning games.something Pel and coach B were not doing. it's not that hard to understand.

Umm, lest we forget, you wanted the UofA to lock up Pelphrey long term before Kentucky came to steal him away.

Your love of MA has little to do with his abilities ans more to do with his being on the bench with Nolan and being like Nolan in another way.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorpimp

Quote from: hogsanity on January 22, 2018, 11:09:22 am
Umm, lest we forget, you wanted the UofA to lock up Pelphrey long term before Kentucky came to steal him away.

Your love of MA has little to do with his abilities ans more to do with his being on the bench with Nolan and being like Nolan in another way.

Nice one Sanity! 

Kevin

Quote from: hogsanity on January 22, 2018, 11:09:22 am

bingo
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

razorpimp

There you go hating on Nutt, Pelphrey, and Bielema!  You hater

Well you are not going to win this one with Anderson....he will be coach after this year I guarantee it, but he will not be the coach past 2020....he will be fired he isn't moving up

hogsanity

Quote from: razorpimp on January 22, 2018, 11:31:22 am
There you go hating on Nutt, Pelphrey, and Bielema!  You hater

Well you are not going to win this one with Anderson....he will be coach after this year I guarantee it, but he will not be the coach past 2020....he will be fired he isn't moving up

I don't know, some are already dangling the 2026 recruiting class, some really good looking 4th graders that Mike is already after for the 2016 class.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

BigSexyHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 20, 2018, 05:22:15 pm
And we won. the Hogs won. and i know that pisses you Mike Anderson haters off. get over it!

why haven't I blocked you yet?
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

The OTR

You're having to reach pretty far back if you've called for every coach we've ever had in football or basketball to be fired except for Anderson, Petrino, and Kenny Hatfield. That's a lot of firing, Joe.

And I think the thing is that some you have called on to be fired have performed about as well in terms of post season performance as Mike, who hasn't really done a darn thing in the NCAA tournament and that is even if we make it. Two wins in six years isn't exactly setting the woods on fire.  Yes we win 20 games plus per year but as you well know a lot of those are early season games against weaker opponents and our conference record hasn't been stellar and we have had zero impact in the tournament since Mike has been here. I like Mike Anderson personally. I think most here have.  Not everyone is a hater. What most of us hope for is for our program to get back to a level where making the tournament is a given and getting to the sweet sixteen or further is something we can expect every two-three years.  A final four at some point in the future shouldn't be too much to ask for a program such as ours.  If our expectations are only that we make the tournament and bow out quickly every year I'd guess Mike could do that three out of four years or so for as long as he wants to coach here.  But making a run seems to be something that isn't happening for us and I think that is where the frustration is with our fans.  You seem to be giddy after a home win against a little above average or average team.  The rest of us see the flaws in our team and our program and we can see this team, if it makes the tournament, is unlikely to go very far and another year has gone by with us being little more than an afterthought in our conference as well as in terms of national prominence. 

It's not an either or situation and we're not all haters.  We all want to see the program succeed and most of us don't care who the coach is.  After 7 years we all had hoped there would be more to show than two NCAA wins but that is where we are. Barring a turnaround this year we aren't likely to make too big of a splash in the tournament and we may not even make the tournament. 

Maybe you need to get your facts right before posting instead of worry about me getting mine right.

hogsanity

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 22, 2018, 12:17:42 pm
why haven't I blocked you yet?

because then you would miss the latest " what stupid thing did FCJ say today " brought to you by FCJ himself.

draftkings33

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 20, 2018, 05:47:03 pm
Ole Miss is a bad team. A win is still a win. STILL want MA fired at season's end. And yes, I don't care if he's a good mentor. Still want him fired.
Who do you want the next coach to be?  Hard to believe there are better coaches than Mike Anderson out there that would come to Arkansas. 

razorpimp

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 22, 2018, 01:14:20 pm
Who do you want the next coach to be?  Hard to believe there are better coaches than Mike Anderson out there that would come to Arkansas.

You throw enough money at most coaches and they will come!

I know you will use the money didn't get us a top name coach for football, but this isn't football, this is basketball at Arkansas.  You can have success in basketball ANYWHERE because you need much fewer players.....so yes money can buy us victories

draftkings33

Quote from: razorpimp on January 22, 2018, 01:19:51 pm
You throw enough money at most coaches and they will come!

I know you will use the money didn't get us a top name coach for football, but this isn't football, this is basketball at Arkansas.  You can have success in basketball ANYWHERE because you need much fewer players.....so yes money can buy us victories
Who?

razorpimp

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 22, 2018, 01:31:02 pm
Who?

I don't keep a list of potential coaches....but do you think Arkansas can get a great coach if they paid out Calipari money?  I do

draftkings33

Quote from: razorpimp on January 22, 2018, 01:34:37 pm
I don't keep a list of potential coaches....but do you think Arkansas can get a great coach if they paid out Calipari money?  I do
Not sure.  I sure wouldn't want Calipari!

razorpimp

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 22, 2018, 01:41:30 pm
Not sure.  I sure wouldn't want Calipari!

I know I would hate to have a coach with a lifetime 77% winning percentage, with all of that championship, all those final fours, elite eights and sweet sixteens

I know he's dirty, whatever, ask fans at the schools he has coached if they would take him back???

draftkings33

Quote from: razorpimp on January 22, 2018, 01:46:13 pm
I know I would hate to have a coach with a lifetime 77% winning percentage, with all of that championship, all those final fours, elite eights and sweet sixteens

I know he's dirty, whatever, ask fans at the schools he has coached if they would take him back???
You really think he would win 77 percent at Arkansas?  Come on man.  5 stars from other states don't want to come to Arkansas.  We are gonna be good when we have great instate talent, like we do coming up the next few years.

razorpimp

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 22, 2018, 01:57:08 pm
You really think he would win 77 percent at Arkansas?  Come on man.  5 stars from other states don't want to come to Arkansas.  We are gonna be good when we have great instate talent, like we do coming up the next few years.

Sarcasm???

Sivad

5 stars from other states don't want to come to Arkansas.
Because of all the slanderous crap Nolan said about the UA?

draftkings33

Quote from: Sivad on January 22, 2018, 01:59:50 pm
Because of all the slanderous crap Nolan said about the UA?
Ah here we go a Nolan basher.  It's Nolan's fault huh that 5 star kids don't want to come here.  Have you left Arkansas?  People across the nation think our state is a joke man. 

Knot2brite

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 22, 2018, 01:31:02 pm
Who?
Joseph GWU
Konkol La Tech
Jordan Butler
Grant C.o Charleston
Just to name a few..want more?
They are young coaches who are up and comers....
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

draftkings33

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 22, 2018, 02:06:43 pm
Joseph GWU
Konkol La Tech
Jordan Butler
Grant C.o Charleston
Just to name a few..want more?
They are young coaches who are up and comers....
Like Pel and Stan?  Mike isn't going anywhere.

Knot2brite

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 22, 2018, 02:10:16 pm
Like Pel and Stan?  Mike isn't going anywhere.
Oh I know...I have known that since he was hired. I knew that there would be no way he was ever going to be fired because of the stigma of Nolan and the fear of lawsuits....

draftkings33

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 22, 2018, 02:13:06 pm
Oh I know...I have known that since he was hired. I knew that there would be no way he was ever going to be fired because of the stigma of Nolan and the fear of lawsuits....
Dude we fired Heath and then we hired an orange guy.  Get over the guy being black. 

Knot2brite

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 22, 2018, 02:15:19 pm
Dude we fired Heath.  Get over the guy being black. 
Heath was easy to fire...he wasn't Nolan's right hand man...I am over the fact of what he is....the boosters and certain BOt's aren't

draftkings33

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 22, 2018, 02:16:44 pm
Heath was easy to fire...he wasn't Nolan's right hand man...I am over the fact of what he is....the boosters and certain BOt's aren't
He's a solid coach that is proven it at 3 different schools.  The other two  were better while he was there and worse after he left.  DO we want to be those schools?

Knot2brite

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 22, 2018, 02:19:11 pm
He's a solid coach that is proven it at 3 different schools
And I would be more than willing for him to prove it even more at a fourth school

draftkings33

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 22, 2018, 02:20:16 pm
And I would be more than willing for him to prove it even more at a fourth school
At least you live up to your name

hogsanity

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 22, 2018, 02:20:16 pm

You have to understand, people are having to deal with the same thing in basketball that they are in football. At some point, you have to step back and ask, Is it the coaches we keep hiring or is it just that the PROGRAM is mediocre due to location, recruiting, etc? IF Mike fails to get it done, who CAN get it done here? That is what scares them the most.

Knot2brite

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 22, 2018, 02:21:25 pm
At least you live up to your name
Wow that was a hell of a effort by you...I am properly put in my place...meanwhile we are still stuck in neutral as a team and going to make the tourney and be done in one or two and Q...and that is all we have to look forward to with this staff....but you kee hanging on to that dream...it is a nightmare for the rest of us

draftkings33

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 22, 2018, 02:24:31 pm
Wow that was a hell of a effort by you...I am properly put in my place...meanwhile we are still stuck in neutral as a team and going to make the tourney and be done in one or two and Q...and that is all we have to look forward to with this staff....but you kee hanging on to that dream...it is a nightmare for the rest of us
If you would have told me before the season we would make the tourney and get one win in the tourney I would have taken it after losing 3 of our best players.  I would take it right now.

PharmacistHog

Unless they decide they dont want to play for Mike and they leave.

draftkings33

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 22, 2018, 02:27:36 pm
Unless they decide they dont want to play for Mike and they leave.
From what I hear they like Mike

razorpimp

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 22, 2018, 02:28:16 pm
From what I hear they like Mike

Possibly...probably.....

They might like him but they certainly do not seem to respect him....or do you think he coaches them to just dribble around and jack up a crazy three rather than feed the ball to Gafford

hogsanity

Knot2brite

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 22, 2018, 02:25:27 pm
If you would have told me before the season we would make the tourney and get one win in the tourney I would have taken it after losing 3 of our best players.  I would take it right now.
So three senior guards with scoring potential and decent returning post players ( who have been nothing ) and a recruiting class that was deemed by many on here as amazing and you didn't expect the god of Arkansas basketball to coach them up? And you say that I live up to my name...you didn't believe in your man and have the gall to condemn me for not ...at least I expected to make the tourney this year ...so in reality I support MA more than you do

draftkings33

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 22, 2018, 02:51:04 pm
So three senior guards with scoring potential and decent returning post players ( who have been nothing ) and a recruiting class that was deemed by many on here as amazing and you didn't expect the god of Arkansas basketball to coach them up? And you say that I live up to my name...you didn't believe in your man and have the gall to condemn me for not ...at least I expected to make the tourney this year ...so in reality I support MA more than you do
I expected us to make tourney.  Didn't expect them to go to the Sweet 16 though.  I'm a realist.  I know when you lose your best rebounder, best scorer, and best defender you might struggle some.