Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UF QB Treon Harris' accuser withdraws sexual battery complaint

Started by Kevin, October 06, 2014, 10:37:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jbcarol

Edgar Thompson @osgators  ·  21 hours ago

UF AD Jeremy Foley spoke last month to @BianchiWrites on topic of athletes committing violence against women: "If it happens, you're done."

UF spokesperson Janine Sikes said investigation into Treon Harris ongoing, no timetable on release of police report. Won't be next [2]4 hrs.

Jordan McPherson @J_McPherson1126  ·  2 hours ago
Will Muschamp will speak with media on Wednesday following his #SEC Teleconference. Roper, Durkin to speak Thursday. No players this week.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  18 hours ago

Per Latest Line, LSU remains two-point favorite over Florida. Not much movement despite Treon Harris news.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Philip Seaton

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 06, 2014, 03:16:15 pm
Could become a sticky situation .....  ;D ;D ;D

Really???? Have you EVER had someone close to you sexually assaulted? Your levity might not be appreciated if you have.

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  3 hours ago

Police: Mornhinweg treated after fight http://es.pn/1EqtFXd

QuoteMornhinweg told police the fight was over his cleats, which he said were located by the team's staff in Willis' locker. The QB sustained "small lacerations on his lower lip," according to the police report, and was taken to Shands emergency room for treatment.

"Upon our arrival, the individuals had already been separated," university police spokesman Maj. Brad Barber said. "After reviewing with both individuals involved, they each filled out a complaint withdrawal, and no charges were filed."

root_hawg

Rzbakfromwaybak

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Florida & Florida State......seem to have the same problems with their QB's.  Must be something in the water down there...

Well, when J Winston leaves.....& if Harris can stay out of jail....he should fit right in at FS.....& won't have far to go to transfer....

& if Harris threw the girl down some stairs....Oklahoma may be interested....

jbcarol

New battle for spot behind Gators quarterback Jeff Driskel

The competition at quarterback this week was supposed to be between junior Jeff Driskel and true freshman Treon Harris for the starting role against LSU on Saturday night.

That all changed Monday, when it was revealed that Harris is under investigation for a possible sexual assault and has been suspended indefinitely.

The Harris news shook Gator Nation and shook up the quarterback situation.

QuoteNow, the struggling Driskel, who was benched late in the third quarter against Tennessee and replaced by Harris, has regained the starting job by default, and the real competition at quarterback this week is between sophomore Skyler Mornhinweg and true freshman Will Grier for the No. 2 spot.

"Well, Jeff (Driskel) will start the game, no question," Florida coach Will Muschamp said Wednesday. "We had not made a decision off the last game, who would start the game. Jeff was going to play in the game, I do know that. As we continue to practice today and tomorrow, right now Skyler and Will are swapping the reps with the second group. We'll make the decision game time."

Mornhinweg started the final three games last season, but rarely had an opportunity to throw the football. Grier, an early enrollee in the spring, moved ahead of Mornhinweg on the depth chart during camp in August and was listed as the No. 3 quarterback on the depth chart before missing the past two games with back spasms.

Grier appeared headed for a redshirt season just a week ago, but now he's in the mix for possible playing time.

"It was a tremendous misunderstanding,'' Muschamp said. "I tell you what, we've made a big one out of this. We've got an air thing that takes the wetness out of the cleats. Skyler last year was No. 17 and Jordan Sherit's No. 17 this year. Gerald was coming from class and trying to get ready for practice. Couldn't find his cleats on the air thing, and he grabbed No. 17 because he's buddies with Jordan Sherit and he thought that'd be OK.

"He went out to practice, and there was a disagreement on the cleats and whose cleats they were. Nobody stole anything. If anybody stole anything, they wouldn't be on this football team anymore. I can assure you of that. We had a disagreement and I wish it would have been handled a little bit differently. Me and brother Mike used to fight all the time. It happened in our family. Maybe our family is really different from everybody else's. Me and my brother Pat, I never won. Took swings. Never won. That's the way it goes. Families, it's what happens."

jbcarol

Treon Harris has appeal to suspension rejected

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/09/treon-harris-has-appeal-to-suspension-rejected

QuoteA statement released by the attorney representing Harris (and several Florida football players in the past), suggests there were two men involved in the alleged incident, and not just Harris.

jbcarol

Chase Goodbread @ChaseGoodbread  ·  20 minutes ago

You're a university president. Does your policy suspend a Treon Harris case upon allegation, or upon arrest, or upon some other trigger?

jbcarol

Mark Long @APMarkLong  ·  1 hour ago

UF says Gators will have more information on Treon Harris' football status later today

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  55 minutes ago

Florida quarterback Treon Harris' accuser withdraws sexual battery complaint | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/CA37q

Rzbakfromwaybak

Talked to the lawyers, & the reported rape..... just got undone ??   Amazing!!
And just in time for the LSU game....

Noticed the article didn't say what kind of new vehicle the young woman was getting ??

Ex-Trumpet

Just curious...is it the same lawyer that Jameis Winston hired?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

woopigsooie13

You know there had to be a payoff - Shameful if he really did rape her but I'll bet he celebrates a little differently from now on after a game
WPS!

jbcarol

Mark Long @APMarkLong  ·  27 minutes ago

Treon Harris attorney says his client's "suspension is lifted and he is allowed to resume all UF activities."

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

bigred223

Problem here is we don't have the all the facts. So, I don't know how i feel about it.

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  32 minutes ago

Florida quarterback Treon Harris reinstated by team, but won't play vs. LSU Saturday | http://ow.ly/CArIG

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on October 10, 2014, 03:05:54 pm
AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  55 minutes ago

Florida quarterback Treon Harris' accuser withdraws sexual battery complaint | http://AL.com  http://ow.ly/CA37q

Thi$ i$ $o $urpi$ing......... 8)

Ex-Trumpet

Let's face it...she either got paid, or wanted to get paid.

Rzbakfromwaybak

October 11, 2014, 09:57:02 pm #77 Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 10:26:32 pm by Rzbakfromwaybak
Quote from: jbcarol on October 10, 2014, 04:46:55 pm

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  32 minutes ago

Florida quarterback Treon Harris reinstated by team, but won't play vs. LSU Saturday | http://ow.ly/CArIG

Well, they are enforcing their rules.  Plainly states that players must serve a 1 game suspension for rape, stolen cars, or armed robbery.  More serious crimes can mean penalties of up to 2 game suspensions.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on October 10, 2014, 03:39:27 pm
Mark Long @APMarkLong  ·  27 minutes ago

Treon Harris attorney says his client's "suspension is lifted and he is allowed to resume all UF activities."

Well, what a shock  ???         Never thought this would happen !!!

Not sure what that last part means....."resume all UF activities"?  Does that mean he can do it again??

jbcarol

David Jones @DaveJonesUFbeat  ·  21 hours ago

Poll question 1: Should Treon Harris start vs. Mizzou. Yes, no, why. #Gators

Poll question 2: Should #Gators want Dan Mullen back. Yes, no, why.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  Oct 23
Police report: Student said Treon Harris ignored pleas to get off her - via @Gator_sports http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20141022/ARTICLES/141029908?tc=cr ...

pigture perfect

This guy is the next Aaron Hernandez. Wait and see. He is entitled and trouble.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jbcarol

hogcard1964

jbcarol

jbcarol

David Jones @DaveJonesSports  ·  Nov 4

Gators confident Harris is up for the challenge ahead http://on.flatoday.com/1tY0yGu  via @Florida_Today

QuoteFlorida ran all over Georgia for 418 yards in last Saturday's 38-20 win and it's a good bet the Gators will keep trying to do the same thing the rest of the season.

But common sense tells you that sooner or later Treon Harris, who got his first start against the Bulldogs, will have to complete big passes. Offensive coordinator Kurt Roper is confident in the true freshman.

"I still think, obviously, we've got some work to do in the passing game and we've got to grow and, obviously, it's got to be a dimension we have in our offense to be able to stay successful and make plays and those type of things," Roper said on Tuesday. "But I didn't look at it as disappointment. It's such a game-to-game opportunity, a focus. That's what it was in that game."

Harris attempted just six passes and completed three for 27 yards. Florida, however, ran the ball so well against UGA it wasn't necessary to throw more...

jbcarol

Landon Watnick @LandonWatnick  ·  Nov 5

Derek Mason on Florida: "I think they're going to throw the ball more than six times."

jbcarol

The University of Florida dumped a bunch of documents, this time lightly redacted, about the investigation into the sexual battery allegation against freshman quarterback Treon Harris. The case was closed with no charges filed, and Harris started the Gators' next game. The records include a transcript of Harris's interview with university police and throughout he insists the sex was consensual. He also asks, unprompted, three different times, if ESPN will report on the case. That part of the transcript is below.

QuoteDet. J. Faroni: It's all like right here. Okay. Well, that's not bad. So here's what's going to happen, okay? Like the Lieutenant explained to you is right now your room is being sealed off. What we're going to do is apply for a search warrant to go take anything that's potentially evidence in this case for the allegation. Okay? So until that's done you're not going to be able to access your room.

Treon Harris: So is this going to be on ESPN and stuff?

Det. J. Faroni: I have no idea what's going to happen with any of that stuff. What we're doing is a criminal investigation. If someone comes forward to us with an allegation, we investigate it. Okay? What I can tell you is we're really good at our job...

Det. J. Faroni: Okay? So, it's much better to just deal with this right now, right...

Treon Harris: So it's going to get on ESPN.

Det. J. Faroni: ...then put it off, put it off, put it off. What's that?

Treon Harris: So you're saying it's going to get on ESPN?

Det. J. Faroni: I'm not even talking about ESPN anymore.

Treon Harris: Oh.

jbcarol

Muschamp on Treon: He throws an extremely good deep ball ... We have all the confidence in the world in him.

What you should say.

jbcarol

Harris goes in for the TD.

Treon Harris: So is this going to be on ESPN and stuff?

jbcarol

Pat Dooley @pat_dooley  ·  13 hours ago
Dooley: QB changed fortunes at Florida: It doesn't take a genius, ESPN's Sports Science Guy or the self-procla... http://bit.ly/1veBwVs

QuoteIt doesn't take a genius, ESPN's Sports Science Guy or the self-proclaimed football expert in the next cubicle to tell you that Florida's offense has improved under true freshman quarterback Treon Harris.

The proof is in the record. Harris is 2-0 as a starter and gets credit for a third win at Tennessee. Which means Florida is 2-3 without him in the shotgun.

It has been an amazing transformation from a team that couldn't get out of its own way to a team that has averaged 36 points a game in Harris' two starts.

It is a small sample size. Harris has played a little more than nine meaningful quarters. Against Tennessee, he threw for 17 yards. Against Georgia, he threw six passes.

But there's something about Treon.

I think his teammates are playing for him including the defense.  They gave less than full effort for Driskel, perhaps in protest.

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway @gatorhoops  ·  18 hours ago
Muschamp said QB Treon Harris was hit in hand early in game impacted grip.

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi @ZachAbolverdi  ·  18 hours ago

#UF QB Treon Harris nursing knee injury but should start at #FSU | http://bit.ly/1C2tp1Z  via @Gator_sports #Gators

ICYMI: Driskel shines vs. EKU. Was it his last home game at #UF? | http://bit.ly/1xjocLl  via @Gator_sports #Gators

jbcarol

Harris is picked off by the Seminoles.

Just trying to keep up?

jbcarol

Harris throws his third pick matching his instate rival.

Interception may be overruled for hitting the ground on the catch attempt.

jbcarol

Treon Harris is facing a second-degree misdemeanor charge for operating a motor vehicle without a valid license. According to court records, Harris has never had a license.

A citation was filed Tuesday by University Police.

Harris has an arraignment date set for Jan. 15 at the Alachua County Courthouse.

QuoteHarris was stopped by UPD on Dec. 13 at 11:29 p.m. for going 30 miles per hour (10 mph over the speed limit) on Stadium Road, according to UPD. Two other UF players were passengers in the car -- true freshmen defensive backs Jalen Tabor and J.C. Jackson.

According to the UPD report, an odor of marijuana was emanating from the car (which does not belong to Harris) and two plastic bags were found in the car that appeared to each hold a small amount of marijuana.

Because the vehicle did not belong to Harris or the occupants, UPD did not charge any of the three with possession. But Harris, Tabor and Jackson could be facing discipline from a Student Conduct Board, which will review the case.

He's fortunate he wasn't going 15 mph over the limit.

jbcarol

Edgar Thompson @osgators  ·  24 hours ago
UF announces bowl status of Treon Harris and Jalen Tabor has not changed. "We are aware of the incident and are dealing with it internally "