Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reason for Optimism Next Year

Started by rzrbackramsfan, March 16, 2018, 07:19:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

1. Three more years of Hall
2. At 2:02 "We have Khalil Garland comin back next year"

ADavisTheGOAT

I don't care what players we have coming back. We are going to underachieve again
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

rude1

Darius is a nice role player, but certainly not a foundation type of player. Fact is we won't have any foundation type players returning next year if Gafford leaves. Going to have to depend on freshman who aren't talented enough or ready to come in and be put under baptism by fire. Prospect look bleak for next season to say the least.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on March 16, 2018, 07:21:14 pm
I don't care what players we have coming back. We are going to underachieve again

Coming from potentially one of the worst game predictors on Hogville. 

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

masbas3

Do we still have Mike Anderson coming back?  If so, we are doomed next year without a doubt. 

DemiHOG

oldbooniehog

Quote from: DemiHOG on March 16, 2018, 07:29:49 pm
Yes, always next year,

Waiting on "next year" is what Hog fans do best!

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 16, 2018, 07:24:04 pm
Coming from potentially one of the worst game predictors on Hogville.
I've been dead on accurate the past 2 months
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Smalltownhog95

This game is equivilant to the bowl game against V Tech. Mike just lost a big chunk of his support.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

oldbooniehog

Here's anothe reason for optimism next year!

Maybe every other SEC team will have its coaching staff "perp walked" by the FBI!

I mean it's obvious that Mike Anderson doesn't cheat one little itty bitty bit!

Or if he does, he doesn't do it well enough to actually notice!

sickboy

Quote from: oldbooniehog on March 16, 2018, 07:33:23 pm

Waiting for next year is what 99% of fans in every sport do.

WorfHog

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on March 16, 2018, 07:34:53 pm
This game is equivilant to the bowl game against V Tech. Mike just lost a big chunk of his support.

Spot on!

Razorod

Any ideas when we might hear something officially on Garland's status?
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Razorod on March 16, 2018, 08:13:10 pm
Any ideas when we might hear something officially on Garland's status?

Hall said he was coming back.

Poker_hog

Quote from: rude1 on March 16, 2018, 07:23:11 pm
Darius is a nice role player, but certainly not a foundation type of player. Fact is we won't have any foundation type players returning next year if Gafford leaves. Going to have to depend on freshman who aren't talented enough or ready to come in and be put under baptism by fire. Prospect look bleak for next season to say the least.

This.  If gafford is back I think we're a bubble team.  If he leaves we'll be returning 3 role players and the #26 recruiting class.  Our tallest player will be 6'8.  It's hard to get excited about that.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: masbas3 on March 16, 2018, 07:25:24 pm
Do we still have Mike Anderson coming back?  If so, we are doomed next year without a doubt. 

Nothing there to get excited about for sure.

KateHog

There will always be next years. Stop being stupidly negative.

26.2Hog

cal34

Quote from: DemiHOG on March 16, 2018, 07:29:49 pm
Yes, always next year,

Don't forget the "We're so close" line we hear so much.

JayHog

And by "underachieve", I guess you're totally disregarding the fact that Arkansas outperformed the pre-season SEC predictions 7 years in a row. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on March 16, 2018, 07:34:53 pm

Haha....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on March 16, 2018, 08:33:48 pm
Nothing there to get excited about for sure.

Guess that means you won't be wasting your time posting then huh?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Poker_hog on March 16, 2018, 08:26:34 pm
This.  If gafford is back I think we're a bubble team.  If he leaves we'll be returning 3 role players and the #26 recruiting class.  Our tallest player will be 6'8.  It's hard to get excited about that.

I understand your frustration after a loss but the incoming class is far more talented at positions 1-4.  (Especially the SF & PF) and it's not even close.

Two from the class are still growing Jordan Phillips 6'7.5 & Isaiah Joe is nearly 6'5 now.

We'll be fine....

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The Hogfather

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 16, 2018, 09:12:19 pm
I understand your frustration after a loss but the incoming class is far more talented at positions 1-4.  (Especially the SF & PF) and it's not even close.

Two from the class are still growing Jordan Phillips 6'7.5 & Isaiah Joe is nearly 6'5 now.

We'll be fine....

I'm telling you right now, IF Gafford and Garland are here, we'll do better than this year.  Harris is a difference maker at PG.  I really hope Hall isn't just being overly optimistic about Garland and/or Gafford.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 16, 2018, 09:12:19 pm

We'll be fine....

It's tough after a loss, but Mike has most definitely earned another year, and I'm sure i'll Be hooked on the team next year.

They'll probably make the tournament.

STLhawg

Quote from: Poker_hog on March 16, 2018, 08:26:34 pm
I am VERY concerned that we don't have another center on this team already (that isn't graduating). 

AirWarren

jchill

It really sucked to be the only SEC team to lose in the first round so far.

Hogsolo

I will be excited to see what Coach Anderson can do with a longer more athletic team.   Hopefully one or two of the newbs will be clutch shooters.   Remember Nolan's teams were arguably their best in year 2 of the major stars.   So you may as well get on board for two.  I saw a coach Anderson team in the Boise NCAA with a nice rotation of guards when he was the Misery coach.   If he's got the athletes and some shooting he can win in the Tournament. 

riccoar

Mike always depends on his top guys to perform.  Well today, an opponent had an answer for Macon, Barford, and Gafford.  When your guys can't perform, you need a coach who can scheme and point those guys around the road blocks.  Mike ain't that guy.

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Letsroll1200

Not the best player skill wise but his leadership will help this team. It was simply getting outworked by Butler. Those things didn't happen to the Razorbacks I grew up watching.

Svrdhd

Quote from: jchill on March 16, 2018, 09:33:51 pm
It really sucked to be the only SEC team to lose in the first round so far.
Our conference foes won and we not only lost, we got our butts whipped. Somehow our team arrived at the tournament not ready to play.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

BigHog396

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 16, 2018, 09:27:37 pm
It’s tough after a loss, but Mike has most definitely earned another year, and I’m sure i’ll Be hooked on the team next year.

They’ll probably make the tournament.
How is only making the NCAAT, only to get thoroughly embarrassed by Butler, in a coaches 7th year earning another year??? It is NOT earning anything... unless you have been crowned coach for life.

Razor8

Anderson is basketballs version of Beilama
Razorbacks

steveaustin69

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 16, 2018, 09:23:56 pm
I'm telling you right now, IF Gafford and Garland are here, we'll do better than this year.  Harris is a difference maker at PG.  I really hope Hall isn't just being overly optimistic about Garland and/or Gafford.

Ever since you said Beard could go for 20/6/6 I can never take you seriously.

I've had as many D1  20 point games as Beard: zero (0)

hogsanity

Quote from: Razor8 on March 16, 2018, 11:48:20 pm

Nah, more like HDN ( as a coach not as a human being ). Bret has 3 conf titles in a p5 league, Mike and HDN have ZERO between them.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on March 16, 2018, 11:53:06 pm
Nah, more like HDN ( as a coach not as a human being ). Bret has 3 conf titles in a p5 league, Mike and HDN have ZERO between them.

Are you saying arguably the worse coach in Arkansas history is better than Anderson?

Paul

Quote from: BigHog396 on March 16, 2018, 10:53:41 pm
How is only making the NCAAT, only to get thoroughly embarrassed by Butler, in a coaches 7th year earning another year??? It is NOT earning anything... unless you have been crowned coach for life.
Need term limits

mbgrulz

Quote from: riccoar on March 16, 2018, 09:59:45 pm
Mike always depends on his top guys to perform.  Well today, an opponent had an answer for Macon, Barford, and Gafford.  When your guys can't perform, you need a coach who can scheme and point those guys around the road blocks.  Mike ain't that guy.
Sorry, but if any team in the country has a game where their top three players don't show up, they're losing. That's not a CMA thing. That's a basketball and sports overall thing.

cram224

Quote from: JayHog on March 16, 2018, 08:47:50 pm
And by “underachieve”, I guess you’re totally disregarding the fact that Arkansas outperformed the pre-season SEC predictions 7 years in a row. 
Let me understand, Arkansas outperformed by being in the middle of the pack? Auburn may have outperformed but Ark didn't.

raz1965

I am as dissiapointed as anybody, really stings to see the Hogs lose in the first round, but because it happened this year it has no bearing on what may happen next year.  Basketball is really about team chemistry, the chemistry of this team was unstable at times. Because no one believed that UMBC couldn't beat Virginai did not stop it from happening, neither will your opinion of next years team have any impact on there performamce. The facts about basketball is talent, mentality, chemistry. Next year's team just may be better than this team was. I will make no predictions , but know when season begins next year will again be optimistic an ready to watch hog ball under the leadership of a fine coach. Watching the game yesterday I seen that the team could have won had a few more shots went down, a few less careless turnovers, a bit more attention to detail on defense, all things coach Anderson had warned his team about , but yet was not executed by the team, the bottom line is the guys on the floor has to take accountability for there play, as the saying goes you lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.  Mike can lead, but the chemistry has to be there, it simply was not good enough on this team to accomplish bigger things. Congrats to all the guys for the great moments an for being good kids overall in the scope of life.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: Razor8 on March 16, 2018, 11:48:20 pm

Stupid, Bielema had losing conference records in 4 out of 5 seasons. If Anderson was winning at Bielema's rate we wouldn't be sniffing the NIT.

#1 STUNNA

I pray we have a point guard next year...

PonderinHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 17, 2018, 08:51:50 am
I pray we have a point guard next year...
and someone to take a load off Danny.

GuvHog

Quote from: mbgrulz on March 17, 2018, 08:28:52 am
Sorry, but if any team in the country has a game where their top three players don't show up, they're losing. That's not a CMA thing. That's a basketball and sports overall thing.

Wrong. It's Mike's job to get them ready to play and make sure they show up. It is indeed a CMA thing.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hogz87

At absolute best, we'll win our 20-22 games, get a 7-10 seed, and get bounced sometime during the first weekend of the tournament.

That's our ceiling under MA and we're capable of more.  I don't expect Sweet 16s every single year with a Final Four sprinkled in, but I expect us to be serious/legit Sweet 16 threat at least every two or three years.

cram224

I expect great things next year. The HV recruiting guro's on this board have told us that CMA will have back to back great recruiting classes. Good times to come.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: oldbooniehog on March 16, 2018, 07:33:23 pm

It's what coach does best apparently......
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi