Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimmy Dykes

Started by razorbeck, January 13, 2018, 05:01:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbeck

Ever since he got let go...he seems to be bitter toward Razorback basketball.  Is it just me?  I can't stand to listen to him anymore...I used to love to listen to him analyze the game

swineology

hoglady

He's kind of weird - not impressed with the way he handled the women's BB program.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

It's not just you. He's been throwing a lot of shade lately
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

He was basically glowing after the hogs last loss
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hog Pharm

I haven't heard anything overly negative. I mean we've been playing like trash. You expect him to be blowing sunshine up our rear?

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

pigture perfect

I like Jimmy. He lost me as a coach with his allowing his team to kneel and then his record became more relevant.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hogsanity

Umm Jimmy did the UL VT game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: razorbeck on January 13, 2018, 05:01:28 pm
Ever since he got let go...he seems to be bitter toward Razorback basketball.  Is it just me?  I can't stand to listen to him anymore...I used to love to listen to him analyze the game

I definitely agree, it's called sour grapes

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on January 13, 2018, 05:24:08 pm
It's not just you. He's been throwing a lot of shade lately

Yea I mean it's pretty subtle stuff like that, but you can tell deep down he's rooting against us.

Basketball fan

He is one of best analysts in game....he called it like it was the other night at halftime of hawg game...other two announcers on desk did as well...that's what they r paid to do...he has said some complimentary stuff about hawgs prior to that game...you haters need to get over him...looks like he has moved on to a much better situation so more power to him..seems to be some jealousy with u guys..don't be a hater just cause hawgs played like crappie last game...u know it...fans watching and attending game know it..and he and other two commentators called it like it was...dari even said sorry razorback fans u can't get the last 45 minutes of ur life back....that was funny !!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Basketball fan on January 13, 2018, 06:30:58 pm
He is one of best analysts in game....he called it like it was the other night at halftime of hawg game...other two announcers on desk did as well...that's what they r paid to do...he has said some complimentary stuff about hawgs prior to that game...you haters need to get over him...looks like he has moved on to a much better situation so more power to him..seems to be some jealousy with u guys..don't be a hater just cause hawgs played like crappie last game...u know it...fans watching and attending game know it..and he and other two commentators called it like it was...dari even said sorry razorback fans u can't get the last 45 minutes of ur life back....that was funny !!

Your username just screams troll.

Basketball fan

Whatever....I do know my basketball though and recognize a terrible...lackluster performance when I see one..the hawgs are always front runners and u all don't like it when someone tells truth on camera bout ur little piggies

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Basketball fan on January 13, 2018, 06:37:39 pm
Whatever....I do know my basketball though and recognize a terrible...lackluster performance when I see one..the hawgs are always front runners and u all don't like it when someone tells truth on camera bout ur little piggies

Axe to sharpen much?  Who's your team?

The OTR

Now Jimmy don't get huffy.  We are glad to have you on our board defending yourself.  Don't let these guys get to you.  As you've said in several posts you've moved on to a better situation.  Hopefully we csn all get off your back now.

Basketball fan

Funny...fairly certain he's not given razorback nation a second thought...I'm pretty sure that his rear view mirror is much smaller than his front windshield he is looking out of right now...shoot I'd rather have a espn job than any coaching job...

MrKnowItAll

Nashville Fan

Maybe but it's been an ugly 3-4 game stretch. Not a lot of positive to say. 3 SR guards got embarrassed by LSU's Freshman and now blow an 18 pt lead with MO. Hope it turns back around soon. WPS a win is a win.
Pittman or Bust!

3kgthog

He's different when discussing Arkansas now. I don't expect him to sugar coat this turd of a team, but he previously had a spark in his eye when talking about his Hogs. Now he's got a bit of disdain in his face and body language when breaking down Arkansas. I think he still doesn't understand why he got fired.

Basketball fan

In response to rzbackramsfan...graduated from duke... go blue Devils!!

ShadowHawg

He was that way before. He is a Sutton worshipper and they are jealous of anything Nolan.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ShadowHawg on January 13, 2018, 07:28:22 pm
He was that way before. He is a Sutton worshipper and they are jealous of anything Nolan.

Why?

Basketball fan

You have ur right to ur opinion about him and I have mine.....u all need to worry about blowing an 18 point lead to a so so mizzou team

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Basketball fan on January 13, 2018, 07:28:13 pm
In response to rzbackramsfan...graduated from duke... go blue Devils!!

What are you doing on an Arkansas board?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Basketball fan on January 13, 2018, 07:31:20 pm
You have ur right to ur opinion about him and I have mine.....u all need to worry about blowing an 18 point lead to a so so mizzou team

Let's talk about N.C. State....

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on January 13, 2018, 07:30:18 pm
Why?

I don't know. I watch a lot of basketball every season so I have heard him do plenty of games we weren't playing in.

One night he bashed our fans for thinking that we could EVER compete with Kentucky. Said stuff like Kentucky was where he cut his teeth in basketball while being an assistant for Sutton.

I was shocked to here a guy that actually played here spewing his disdain for our program. Guy has been upset for a while.

ricepig

Quote from: Basketball fan on January 13, 2018, 07:31:20 pm

I guess they didn't require English Comp at Duke in order to graduate.

bigred223

hoglady

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 13, 2018, 07:27:35 pm
He’s different when discussing Arkansas now. I don’t expect him to sugar coat this turd of a team, but he previously had a spark in his eye when talking about his Hogs. Now he’s got a bit of disdain in his face and body language when breaking down Arkansas. I think he still doesn’t understand why he got fired.

Maybe it was because he was an abysmal failure and his players couldn't get away from him fast enough. Dykes was just a horrible coach with a record to back it up.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Porked Tongue

Jimmy's a dick.  Simple as that.  Was. Is. Always will be.

Not sure the fascination with him in NWA.  Some people hang on his word like the Rev Ronnie himself.

He can fall off the earth tomorrow and I'd be fine.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Porked Tongue on January 13, 2018, 08:23:44 pm

Not sure the fascination with him in NWA.  Some people hang on his word like the Rev Ronnie himself.

Yea but before he was Arkansas' women's basketball coach, he seemed to talk up the hogs a bit or it felt like we had someone in the media that had our backs or whatever. 

Ever since he got fired, not so much. 

Another failure by Long honestly!  It's like dating a friend, Not only did it not work out but we lost a friend in the process, wah wah wahhh.

jfred59

I lost it for him years ago during the Pel disaster and we were playing Texas and he used the Deliverance connection.

Hoggish1

You are right.  He has made himself toast.  All his fault, too...

jdlew

I don't  think I would like to hang out with him....But he knows what he talking about...If they get on a team they usually deserve it...and I'm usually thinking what they are saying..

raz1965

If Jimmy had known as much about basketball as he thinks he would have had success as a coach. It's easy to set up an say this an that which in reality is only conjecture. Jimmy does what he does for his own success,  don't hate him but  really don't enjoy his commentary.

hoglady

Yep - I'm with you on that.
Didn't realize it until he became the women's coach - but for anyone paying attention to what was happening there it became obvious.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: hoglady on January 14, 2018, 10:51:26 am
Yep - I'm with you on that.
Didn't realize it until he became the women's coach - but for anyone paying attention to what was happening there it became obvious.

I wasn't, what did he do other thanks a ton of games?

4me2know

Dwight_K_Shrute

Yep true colors come out during trying times.  Yes he should have never been hired, but lobbied for the job, took it, and was an ass and a failure.  Mike Neighbors is the exact opposite which is what the team needed.  Now if anything positive can be said about the JD era it's that people got to see JD for what he is and that has nothing to do with whether he handled the kneeling situation correctly.  It comes from being a decent human being or in this case not and a good leader/mentor and in this case not.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.