Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forrest City Joe....Tell us again how great Mike is!

Started by maggiesue, January 11, 2018, 01:30:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

draftkings33

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 16, 2018, 09:50:43 pm
What's funny about that is that FCJ wanted JL fired. JL may be the only AD willing to keep both BB and MA with the results they have been putting up. Now that FCJ got his wish, in the end, he may have cost MA his job.
Are you serious?  Don't compare BB to MA

draftkings33

You people actually think MA might get fired with this recruiting class coming in along with Justice Hill at semester????

PharmacistHog

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 17, 2018, 10:14:01 am
You people actually think MA might get fired with this recruiting class coming in along with Justice Hill at semester????

Nah, he could probably miss the tournament again and still not be fired. We always have the recruiting class to save him. Just wait til next year! 
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

hawganatic

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 17, 2018, 10:13:03 am
Are you serious?  Don't compare BB to MA

Why not?  They both did/are underperforming relative to expectations when they were hired. 

Why would you keep one and not the other?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: maggiesue on January 11, 2018, 01:30:23 pm
So bad and unfair to the Hog faithful!  So many good young coaches out there and this is what we get!  What say FCJ?

He is great. Moreover, he is better than anyone else that might be hired for the job. Why do you ask?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

draftkings33

Quote from: hawganatic on January 17, 2018, 10:20:02 am
Why not?  They both did/are underperforming relative to expectations when they were hired. 

Why would you keep one and not the other?
One has done better than anyone in the past 20 years.  The other has not.  Now that being said I am not high on Chad Morris at all.

okrazorback

Quote from: hawkhawg on January 11, 2018, 09:24:02 pm
Just like WHEN we go on a run of wins and all of you guys will crawl back under your rock.

Not me. I want to see him do more than just get into the big dance. I want to see him win a few after he get. there

okrazorback

Quote from: okrazorback on January 17, 2018, 01:49:23 pm
Not me. I want to see him do more than just get into the big dance. I want to see him win a few after he gets there

AirWarren

The man has a 340–177 record, ten 20-win campaigns, eight NCAA Tournament appearances, two Sweet 16 berths and a run to the 2009 Elite Eight. Anderson is one of just 10 current Division I head coaches with 10+ years of experience and no losing seasons. He is 140-79 at Arkansas. Nearly 64% win percentage.

It amazes me the amount of people in this state that think we should be competing with Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, etc EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

But no.....if we aren't them.....let's run off a winning coach that has won everywhere he has been.

Idiots.

razorpimp

Quote from: AP85 on January 17, 2018, 01:54:31 pm
The man has a 340–177 record, ten 20-win campaigns, eight NCAA Tournament appearances, two Sweet 16 berths and a run to the 2009 Elite Eight. Anderson is one of just 10 current Division I head coaches with 10+ years of experience and no losing seasons. He is 140-79 at Arkansas. Nearly 64% win percentage.

It amazes me the amount of people in this state that think we should be competing with Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, etc EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

But no.....if we aren't them.....let's run off a winning coach that has won everywhere he has been.

Idiots.

We should be competing with those teams each and every year!  Sutton started the monster and Nolan made it much bigger!  They turned us into a basketball school...the last three hires have ruined it!

Mikes record at Arkansas is pathetic especially considering the SEC his first 6 years.  BUT now the league has improved and will expose his mediocrity

Throw some money at a great coach and see the monster rise up again!

AirWarren

Quote from: razorpimp on January 17, 2018, 01:59:52 pm
We should be competing with those teams each and every year!  Sutton started the monster and Nolan made it much bigger!  They turned us into a basketball school...the last three hires have ruined it!

Mikes record at Arkansas is pathetic especially considering the SEC his first 6 years.  BUT now the league has improved and will expose his mediocrity

Throw some money at a great coach and see the monster rise up again!

LOL.

How did throwing the money at the right coach end up in football? We got an up and comer from SMU who talks good.

This notion that Arkansas can just waive money and get any coach is laughable. And has been proven otherwise plenty of times.

Get your head out of the gutter. Arkansas isn't a hot destination for a coach wanting to win.

KlubhouseKonnected

Things of the sort one should expect on Hogville.

Year X: "If Mike does not get them into the tournament he should be fired."
Year Y: "If Mike doesn't get two wins in the tournament he should be fired"

PharmacistHog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 17, 2018, 03:01:05 pm
Things of the sort one should expect on Hogville.

Year X: "If Mike does not get them into the tournament he should be fired."
Year Y: "If Mike doesn't get two wins in the tournament he should be fired"

Year A-Z

We gotta keep Mike or we'll lose these great recruits that are coming.
Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 17, 2018, 03:14:27 pm
Year A-Z

We gotta keep Mike or we'll lose these great recruits that are coming.

Interesting

PharmacistHog

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 17, 2018, 03:29:07 pm
Interesting

I get sick of hearing any talk of firing or keeping the coach until after the season plays out and is complete. Both sides are equally ridiculous in my mind.
Millennials suck...

cityhog

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 12, 2018, 08:48:53 pm
Y'all are so unfair to Mike.   After all, he is #139 on the career winning percentage list, and in his combined 11 years...going on 12...at Missouri and Arkansas he has guided his teams to multiple finishes in the top 25.  As in two (2).

Now grab yourselves an Old Milwaukee because it just doesn't get any better than that.

woof.

razorpimp

I cannot imagine the major boner Joe would have of the Hogs pull off a miracle and win