Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas tabbed as TEU

Started by gchamblee, June 12, 2017, 01:53:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gchamblee

http://247sports.com/Article/QBU-RBU-It-depends-on-who-the-coaches-are-53143288

Tight Ends - Arkansas' Barry Lunney Jr.
Resume: AJ Derby, Hunter Henry, Jeremy Sprinkle.

Tight end coaches are tough to pin down. Often they share duties as a special teams coordinator, shift duties to offensive line coach or other positions over the course of their career and depending on the system, tight ends often just fold into the receiver room. But Lunney jumps out due to what he's done recently at Arkansas. As the Razorbacks continue to feature the tight end position they've spit out an NFL draft pick in each of the last three drafts, something no other program has done. Lunney has only even been the tight ends coach in Fayetteville for four years and he's got some big-bodied talent on his current roster to keep the hot hand led by the physical and versatile Austin Cantrell.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogbillyinFL

Not Lunney coached but a few others come to mind....if we're talking TEU.
DJ
JJ
Peters
The other Sprinkle

I feel like I'm forgetting several other really good ones.

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on June 12, 2017, 01:56:00 pm
Hard to argue with that.

I think we are sort of a RBU as well, but Tim Horton got all the credit for Dmac and the crew.

Wildhog

Quote from: gchamblee on June 12, 2017, 03:16:35 pm
I think we are sort of a RBU as well, but Tim Horton got all the credit for Dmac and the crew.

Eh,  that's a little easier to argue with.  Bama/UGA/LSU have really strong cases.
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

Quote from: Wildhog on June 12, 2017, 03:18:21 pm
Eh,  that's a little easier to argue with.  Bama/UGA/LSU have really strong cases.

Devwah has the potential to set a trend for us though

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

go hogues

Donned "Running Back U" for the 2000s by ESPN.com in June of 2014, Arkansas continued to add to its #RBU legacy during the 2016 NFL Draft.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/rbu-legacy-continues/#sm.001jwo8vj5are9e10br1iwgh6ldx2
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

NoogaHog

If you want to say we are RBU because of 9-10 years ago, I guess that's ok. But since the McFadden/Jones/Hillis backfield, Bama has had 2 RBs win the Heisman. Now, I love Knile and Alex and JWill, but that is hard to argue with.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Wildhog

Quote from: go hogues on June 12, 2017, 04:44:29 pm
Donned "Running Back U" for the 2000s by ESPN.com in June of 2014, Arkansas continued to add to its #RBU legacy during the 2016 NFL Draft.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/rbu-legacy-continues/#sm.001jwo8vj5are9e10br1iwgh6ldx2

I agree about the 2000's, but not the 2010's.  In fact I don't think we even belong in the discussion in the 2010's.
1909/1964/1965/1977

texas tush hog

King Kong

Quote from: texas tush hog on June 12, 2017, 07:09:08 pm
I think we should have told Luke Ford that before he left.

If you had actually followed his recruitment you would know he (Luke) mentioned it on several occasions.

PonderinHog

This is great, but I wish we were LBU.

gchamblee

PorkRinds

I'd just like to be 9 win U this season.

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 13, 2017, 07:14:22 am

Ya that would be cool as well.

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

greenEGnHAWGS

Forgive my ignorance, as I don't keep track of other schools drafting TE's, but is 5 drafted in 7 years enough nationally for TEU?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

HardingHog

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on June 14, 2017, 03:18:53 pm
Forgive my ignorance, as I don't keep track of other schools drafting TE's, but is 5 drafted in 7 years enough nationally for TEU?

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/te

You can look and pick through this link. Over the last 10-15 years we're near or at the top. Miami has also had some nasty TE's over the years themselves

ricepig

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: gchamblee on June 12, 2017, 01:53:56 pm
http://247sports.com/Article/QBU-RBU-It-depends-on-who-the-coaches-are-53143288

Tight Ends - Arkansas' Barry Lunney Jr.
Resume: AJ Derby, Hunter Henry, Jeremy Sprinkle.

Tight end coaches are tough to pin down. Often they share duties as a special teams coordinator, shift duties to offensive line coach or other positions over the course of their career and depending on the system, tight ends often just fold into the receiver room. But Lunney jumps out due to what he's done recently at Arkansas. As the Razorbacks continue to feature the tight end position they've spit out an NFL draft pick in each of the last three drafts, something no other program has done. Lunney has only even been the tight ends coach in Fayetteville for four years and he's got some big-bodied talent on his current roster to keep the hot hand led by the physical and versatile Austin Cantrell.

And Georgia is now claiming the title RB-U. I suppose that they do have a case for that.
Go Hogs Go!

tophawg19

better to be TIGHT END U than Wide receiver U.lol
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

twistitup

If we are TEU- let's use the TE more and in more creative ways. I feel like Sprinkle was underutilized at times.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

DLUXHOG

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 12, 2017, 04:55:26 pm
If you want to say we are RBU because of 9-10 years ago, I guess that's ok. But since the McFadden/Jones/Hillis backfield, Bama has had 2 RBs win the Heisman. Now, I love Knile and Alex and JWill, but that is hard to argue with.

You are such a negative nancy......   give it a rest please....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

gchamblee

Quote from: twistitup on June 26, 2017, 04:26:30 pm
If we are TEU- let's use the TE more and in more creative ways. I feel like Sprinkle was underutilized at times.

He was under nutritioned.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 13, 2017, 07:14:22 am

I'd like 12 win U please...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

twistitup

Quote from: gchamblee on June 26, 2017, 04:29:33 pm
He was under nutritioned.

Possibly....obviously underclothed too
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

rljjr

Quote from: twistitup on June 26, 2017, 04:33:06 pm
Possibly....obviously underclothed too

He just wanted to get Belked up quickly.

hawgmasta

Quote from: rljjr on June 26, 2017, 05:22:15 pm
He just wanted to get Belked up quickly.

Buuurb. Superb sir

PORKULATOR

Chris Gragg

Just sayin.... No one mentioned him and he was capable of great catches and fast as hell. Also saved us from losing a LR game to a scrub.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Wildhog

Quote from: PORKULATOR on June 26, 2017, 10:09:50 pm
Chris Gragg

Just sayin.... No one mentioned him and he was capable of great catches and fast as hell. Also saved us from losing a LR game to a scrub.

The Cowboy Get-it
1909/1964/1965/1977

Razorbackers

He had to stay home and block more than he should have, sadly.

onebadrubi

He had good hands thhough