Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charge and travel

Started by GoshenHog, March 19, 2017, 07:12:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoshenHog

Dr. Starcs

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

fullfan

You have to either call a charge or travel on that play.   Sometimes "1" call does influence the outcome of the game.   Choke job by the refs

apcapri

Several late game calls going UNC's way.

Razorback_Mack

Macon got hacked on that 3

Sharkansas

BallHog1

Don't worry, Hogsanity will be here shortly to tell us there were no missed calls and its our own fault regardless of how crappy the call was.

hawgmasta

No way they didn't see either, one of the officials had to have seen some of them at the end. I'm proud of our guys but they should've won.

Hollywood870

Quote from: GoshenHog on March 19, 2017, 07:12:38 pm
On Berry.  Tough no-call
He took six steps after picking up his dribble, counted them on the slo-mo replay. Six lil baby steps.

threeNout

one of the worst no calls I've ever seen.

literally 4 steps, then an obvious charge.

PossumFan

I've spent an awful lot of time lately defending refs and chiding folks who complain about the officiating, but I gotta say ... not blowing the whistle on that travel/charge by Berry was about as egregious as it gets. I knew then that we were sunk.

Hogimus Prime

Guess we can call that the UNC 4 step.

PLHawg

I started a thread on Friday talking about how we would get hosed in this game, and most everyone replied or commented like I was already making excuses for us losing.  I think we still lose the game without that call, but it was a crucial call late in the game.  Anyone that thinks the NCAA doesn't tell officials to "overlook" certain plays in tight games when a "favored" 1 seed is involved is either naive or just plain stupid.

LRHawg

I don't think it's a conspiracy. Hell, if they were really fixing games, they would ensure their sweethearts Northwestern would at least make the second round. The problem for them and for us was, when it was close the refs blew it and it always seems to be the lower-seeded team that suffers.

Hatleyville454

The call could have went either way, but there has to be SOME sort of call - Charge/Block/Travel

BCHogFan

How bout them Hogs!!!

maxhog5

The call should have been a hack on Beard who had a hold of Berry's arm.  Then it should have been a walk, then I felt it was a block.

Tejano Jawg

The charge-block play will get a no-call plenty of times. But what made this one different, and hard to understand, is how out-of-control Berry was when he initiated the contact. He had nowhere to go with the ball, tucked under his arms, until he took several steps and "flailed" a shot toward the basket. How did all that not get the refs' attention?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

alohawg

Quote from: Hatleyville454 on March 19, 2017, 08:03:08 pm
The call could have went either way, but there has to be SOME sort of call - Charge/Block/Travel

Yep, a no-call was the only 100% wrong call.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

MountieDawg

Hogs got the big screw on 2 or 3 calls down the stretch, combine that with stopping trying to play any offense the last 4 minutes of the game it cost me a big win.  Definitely played well enough to beat a 1 seed, but the bad calls and poor execution down the stretch hurt bad. 
SEC!

PORKULATOR

Shoulda been OUR ball w/a one point lead and 40 seconds on the clock.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hogpc

Four things on that play:
1. A walk
2. A foul by Beard
3. A charge (sure wish Bailey had gotten more minutes this year)
4. And no one has been paying attention to this - when he missed his shot Kingsley had every opportunity to block out the UNC player but made no attempt and thus gave up the put back. Refs blew it and so did we.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogpc on March 20, 2017, 07:24:13 am
Four things on that play:
1. A walk
2. A foul by Beard
3. A charge (sure wish Bailey had gotten more minutes this year)
4. And no one has been paying attention to this - when he missed his shot Kingsley had every opportunity to block out the UNC player but made no attempt and thus gave up the put back. Refs blew it and so did we.

A foul on beard?  Huh???  Berry went around beard and beard never fouled. 

lrcentral

Arkansas didn't score for almost four mins. That was the real problem, not a few calls. The calls hurt but the inability to score for almost five mins hurt the most.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: BCHogFan on March 19, 2017, 08:04:15 pm
4 steps. Count em

Some claim 4, some claim 6. Why can't fans see the number of steps in slow mo replay? This just plain missed calls by the fans! It should be obvious! But some count more steps than others!  You'd think that if refs "ignore" calls at real time. Fans could get it right in slow mo.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

jm

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on March 20, 2017, 09:12:47 am
Some claim 4, some claim 6. Why can't fans see the number of steps in slow mo replay? This just plain missed calls by the fans! It should be obvious! But some count more steps than others!  You'd think that if refs "ignore" calls at real time. Fans could get it right in slow mo.

It was an obvious violation real time and was a huge moment in the game.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: lrcentral on March 20, 2017, 09:08:27 am
Arkansas didn't score for almost four mins. That was the real problem, not a few calls. The calls hurt but the inability to score for almost five mins hurt the most.
Tried to play stall ball to go along with the favored calls for North Carolina was the real problem. Not to mention Moses missing those free throws. The "perfect storm".
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

I'm assuming some are exaggerating to get their point across. At least I hope so anyways :-\...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

311Hog

Quote from: lrcentral on March 20, 2017, 09:08:27 am

UNC did play great defense during that period, but "some" of that was due to the fact they were never called for any fouls, so they played with w reckless abandon and after the charge/walk no call knew they could get away with murder and they did.

Sorry but i bet Dusty is still in treatment after the hacks he took.

fullfan

Let's just say he traveled far enough to pick up the first down.  Lowered the shoulder and would not be denied.

311Hog

Quote from: fullfan on March 20, 2017, 01:32:33 pm
Let's just say he traveled far enough to pick up the first down.  Lowered the shoulder and would not be denied.

4th and 5 and he converted....

N HOG

I'm comfortable compromising at 5. He stumbled around like a drunken sailor while the refs watched without even having a ticket.