Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stadium Expansion

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, February 28, 2017, 01:38:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgndaaz

Hoggish1

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 01, 2017, 01:32:14 pm
Of course they will be sold, question is who will be in them. Will it be Razorback fans or will it be corporate partying?

Wine and cheese crown fo show

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Heres a view from the north side in case anyone was wanted to see it
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

ricepig

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 02, 2017, 09:04:14 am
Wine and cheese crown fo show

Somebody has to pay the bills......

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on March 02, 2017, 10:16:27 am
Somebody has to pay the bills......

Nah..... it's the people who bitch but never contribute a dime to the program (majority of Hogville) that keep things running.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Oklahawg

Maybe they are combining the Chi-O Greek Theater with RRS. Oh, wait, maybe they aren't done yet.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 01, 2017, 01:29:46 pm
There is no standard seating in the end zone (bleachers). The closest thing will be the red premium chair back seats, which also sell out quick. People want their own seat and don't want bleachers where a 300lb blob can steal your steal.

This, I have resorted to buying one or two extra bleacher seats when I get them on the secondary market to insure FA's don't encroach.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: factchecker on March 02, 2017, 10:20:04 am
Nah..... it's the people who bitch but never contribute a dime to the program (majority of Hogville) that keep things running.

There is more truth to that statement than you would like to admit.  Those millions from the SEC don't come because some rich cat donated a little of his fortune...which he probably made of the backs of those same people that watch at home. 

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 02, 2017, 03:36:33 pm
There is more truth to that statement than you would like to admit.  Those millions from the SEC don't come because some rich cat donated a little of his fortune...which he probably made of the backs of those same people that watch at home. 

Why does the SEC send millions, is it because boosters built up the various programs which made people want to watch them and made them attractive to advertisers?

bennyl08

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 02, 2017, 03:36:33 pm

Not really. You are right that people subscribing to the SEC network, or watching games on other channels and the such cumulatively make a significant portion of the moneys. However, you remove the fans who just complain all the time (which is a significant though very vocal minority of hogville) and the program would lose singles thousands of dollars and nothing more. Heck, Jerry Jones or someone would probably happily donate an extra 10k to more than make up for the loss of those "fans."
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 02, 2017, 02:29:46 pm
This, I have resorted to buying one or two extra bleacher seats when I get them on the secondary market to insure FA's don't encroach.

Yeah, those Free Agents aren't very courteous at all..
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

longpig

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 28, 2017, 01:39:03 pm
Those won't be visible when buildout is complete

Are you sure?
Don't be scared, be smart.

HighcountryHog

Any guesses as to how far along this project will be once game 1 approaches?  How do they expect to hide/block it from the rest of venue during the season?
no bumps, no fat chicks

ricepig

Quote from: HighcountryHog on March 02, 2017, 06:19:08 pm
Any guesses as to how far along this project will be once game 1 approaches?  How do they expect to hide/block it from the rest of venue during the season?

That's what the construction camera is for, to check the process. My guess, the shell will be done, but I suspect we'll get whatever look  there is. I wonder how they'll treat home game weeks, it will definitely cut into the work schedule.

LZH

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 02, 2017, 10:50:35 am
Maybe they are combining the Chi-O Greek Theater with RRS. Oh, wait, maybe they aren't done yet.

They are adding a spur to the tunnel....

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on March 02, 2017, 07:24:19 pm
They are adding a spur to the tunnel....

I figure DarrelRoyalfloatingheadblahblah knows where that tunnel at the head wall comes from, probably the Tri-Delt house.....

Michael D Huff AIA

There isn't really any way to hide it during construction.  There will more than likely be a barrier to keep people from entering the construction site from the field.  It's one of those safety/liability things. 

riccoar

I'm guessing a majority of the work will be complete by Sept. 9.  That's 6 months.

ricepig

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on March 03, 2017, 09:03:17 am
There isn't really any way to hide it during construction.  There will more than likely be a barrier to keep people from entering the construction site from the field.  It's one of those safety/liability things. 

We need a moat.

Pork Twain

Hard to imagine that at least the structure will not be completed by the start of the season.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Sivad

Quote from: ricepig on March 03, 2017, 09:38:02 am
We need a moat.
That would go well with Nutt's head on a spike decor that was once deservedly suggested.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I've wondered this as well. I'm not sure where the construction will be by kickoff, but I still expect it to look pretty cool!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

code red

Tailgaters in the north lot are going to love that open end this fall lol.  If its open that is.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

Quote from: code red on March 07, 2017, 11:31:08 am
Tailgaters in the north lot are going to love that open end this fall lol.

Except there won't be one.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

Quote from: code red on March 07, 2017, 11:33:36 am
We can hope.

We'll still run out of the NEZ locker rooms this fall.

elksnort

I suppose the team will run out in the A from the South next season. Kind of strange.

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on March 07, 2017, 11:44:01 am
I suppose the team will run out in the A from the South next season. Kind of strange.

Why assume there won't be the lower level finished? They may bus them from the football center and enter from the north, ala Clemson......

FraggleHog

My father has some contacts in the know. He asked this very question. Basically they said that both the NEZ and SEZ videoboards will be operational and the NEZ structure (bones, if you will) will be in place, however it won't be habitable until '18. So we'll get a general idea of what the NEZ structure will look like, albeit it will be bare bones. The game day locker rooms will be finished, therefore the team will still run out from the NEZ.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Seebs

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 07, 2017, 02:22:12 pm
My father has some contacts in the know. He asked this very question. Basically they said that both the NEZ and SEZ videoboards will be operational and the NEZ structure (bones, if you will) will be in place, however it won't be habitable until '18. So we'll get a general idea of what the NEZ structure will look like, albeit it will be bare bones. The game day locker rooms will be finished, therefore the team will still run out from the NEZ.

My dad said they would be running out from the parking lot, scaling a fence and leap frogging a Cliff Peck Chevrolet sign. But my dad has dementia.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Seebs on March 07, 2017, 02:27:11 pm
My dad said they would be running out from the parking lot, scaling a fence and leap frogging a Cliff Peck Chevrolet sign. But my dad has dementia.

Sounds like your dad would be a fun guy to have a beer with

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 02, 2017, 03:47:39 pm
Not really. You are right that people subscribing to the SEC network, or watching games on other channels and the such cumulatively make a significant portion of the moneys. However, you remove the fans who just complain all the time (which is a significant though very vocal minority of hogville) and the program would lose singles thousands of dollars and nothing more. Heck, Jerry Jones or someone would probably happily donate an extra 10k to more than make up for the loss of those "fans."

All I was trying to say is that very few people actually donate money to the RF.  Now those few do donate a lot of money but obviously it doesn't compare to the check we get from the SEC.  if it did we would be operating with Texas type money.

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on March 07, 2017, 09:23:04 pm
All I was trying to say is that very few people actually donate money to the RF.  Now those few do donate a lot of money but obviously it doesn't compare to the check we get from the SEC.  if it did we would be operating with Texas type money.

I believe there are around 12,000 RF members, or close to it. The latest 990 from the RF showed $39M in contributions and grants.

COACHINTEXAS

There are two types of columns; architectural and structural and those are structural. Very seldom do you see structural columns showing after the facade is placed. Architectural columns are the ones you see when the building is complete.
No one plans to fail, they fail to plan!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: COACHINTEXAS on March 08, 2017, 12:04:34 pm
There are two types of columns; architectural and structural and those are structural. Very seldom do you see structural columns showing after the facade is placed. Architectural columns are the ones you see when the building is complete.

It would be nice to see the actual architectural drawings of this, instead of the conceptual drawings.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2017, 12:29:47 pm
It would be nice to see the actual architectural drawings of this, instead of the conceptual drawings.

They are probably online on Dodge reports. I think you can get a free 24-hour look-see if I remember correctly.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ricepig on March 07, 2017, 11:37:05 am
We'll still run out of the NEZ locker rooms this fall.
What NEZ locker room  ;D

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Update. Looking good so far

go hogues

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 09, 2017, 08:10:40 am
Update. Looking good so far
Off topic but I keep wondering when they are going to update the font in the end zones to our new font? Even the last couple years bowl sites had the updated look. With all the talk of rebranding/removing of slobbering' hog over the last few years, it remains odd we haven't made the switch in RRS.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: go hogues on March 09, 2017, 08:24:53 am
Off topic but I keep wondering when they are going to update the font in the end zones to our new font? Even the last couple years bowl sites had the updated look. With all the talk of rebranding/removing of slobbering' hog over the last few years, it remains odd we haven't made the switch in RRS.
I have NEVER even noticed that. Kinda like the yellow bricks on the old broyles complex that no one noticed until a friend pointed it out to them.

Also off topic, I think a fusion of our current charging hog and the ol' slobberin hog would look pretty cool

ricepig

When we get new turf, which is this summer, or next summer.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 09, 2017, 08:05:56 am
What NEZ locker room  ;D

Structure will be done and Game Day locker room will be finished.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 09, 2017, 09:47:49 am

Rece Davis and crew get their own locker room??  Man, talk about pampered...
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 09, 2017, 08:39:45 am
I have NEVER even noticed that. Kinda like the yellow bricks on the old broyles complex that no one noticed until a friend pointed it out to them.

Also off topic, I think a fusion of our current charging hog and the ol' slobberin hog would look pretty cool

Slobberin' Hog was always a basketball thing. Never appeared on the football helmet.

http://www.hogdb.com/razorback-helmet-history/

FraggleHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 09, 2017, 09:50:29 am
Rece Davis and crew get their own locker room??  Man, talk about pampered...

Anything to get College Game Day back to Fayetteville...

The_Iceman

Jeff Long tweeted about this recently. It is in the works. Not sure if for next year or not. I liked the red end zones with white lettering that we saw at the Belk Bowl. I think it would make the field look better.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 09, 2017, 09:47:49 am
I know, just jokes

Sportster365

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 28, 2017, 01:38:01 pm
Stadium expansion is getting interesting. The pillars give it an ancient roman look. Reynolds Razorback Colosseum?

Would be a nice concept for our Razorback gladiators to come out into their arena ready for battle. Since the inception of the expansion idea I've always thought the standing area somewhat offset the bowl concept just a little. To give it a more balanced look, what if they were to include an additional upper layer of standing area right above the current layout.

LZH

Quote from: FraggleHog on March 09, 2017, 09:52:19 am
Anything to get College Game Day back to Fayetteville...

That, or maybe even...ya know, winning.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Sportster365 on March 09, 2017, 11:06:05 am
Would be a nice concept for our Razorback gladiators to come out into their arena ready for battle.

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 28, 2017, 01:55:02 pm
If the fans aren't rowdy and appreciative enough during a game, CBB needs to come out at halftime, shout "Are you not entertained?  ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??", throw his headset on the ground and spit.