Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bijhon's opinion on the QB competition

Started by Snout team, January 13, 2018, 12:14:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkansasbred

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on January 15, 2018, 01:38:18 pm
I see this over and over in regards to Bielema, but I don't see what he could have done much differently in regards to the QB situation.  Who should have replaced Brandon Allen?  Are we saying that there should have been a QB competition between Allen, Allen, Storey and Peavey when BA was a senior?  Who should have replaced Austin Allen?  Have we had a lot of transfers of 4-5 star QB's that end up setting the world on fire at other places?  I think that there were plenty of issues, obviously, with the Bielema coaching tenure at Arkansas, but I can't see how not having QB competition was one of them.   
100% agree.

PigPusher

Ferguson, Mustain. Been following our team for many, many years and often it seems we run a seniority versus talent system on this team. Do believe Broyles felt that way strongly.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: IronHog on January 15, 2018, 12:25:11 am

Yes the experience Kelley gained gives him a huge leg up on the other QBs

Here is way this plays out:

Kelley comes in and it's his job to lose.  Big, strong, and despite being a drop back guy can run enough to do the zone read stuff some.....

Story really isn't a factor barring injury to Kelley.   Not a real running threat...avg arm.

Hyatt can be a factor to push Kelley IF he has physically developed to the point he can be a factor.  He was very skinny combing out of HS.  Drop back passer.
yeah, that's not at all how this plays out. that "experience" you speak of means less than nothing. It may actually hinder him.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogHomer

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 16, 2018, 12:14:52 am
yeah, that's not at all how this plays out. that "experience" you speak of means less than nothing. It may actually hinder him.
Playing against SEC opponents absolutely does mean something.

IronHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 16, 2018, 12:14:52 am

Nah

While 5th year Sr AA was throwing his little hissy fits CK showed he was tough enough to take it and keep gaming.

You just like Hyatt cause he was a "4 Star".  That's only relevant on paper
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

RebelW

Quote from: IronHog on January 16, 2018, 07:32:27 am

Nah

While 5th year Sr AA was throwing his little hissy fits CK showed he was tough enough to take it and keep gaming.

You just like Hyatt cause he was a "4 Star".  That's only relevant on paper

CK could take a hit yes, but his accuracy was horrible. His main yardage came from screens that he just dumped off.

And by the way, 247 shows Hyatt as a 3 star. The kid is built for this Offense though...
You dating CK? Or just want to?

IronHog

Quote from: RebelW on January 16, 2018, 07:40:05 am
CK could take a hit yes, but his accuracy was horrible. His main yardage came from screens that he just dumped off.

And by the way, 247 shows Hyatt as a 3 star. The kid is built for this Offense though...
You dating CK? Or just want to?

How is he "built" for the offense?

Jonbo

Having had significant playing time and game seasoning last year while avoiding being murdered or shocked as AA was will be a disadvantage for Kelley, how?!

HoggieStyle

The real issue here is that we need another stupid hashtag/motivational slogan.

#fulltiltstupid
#greymatterdown
#razorsharpsomethingorother

#pleaseGodmakeitstop

lakecityhog

I think maybe some of you are selling Storey short when it comes to running with the ball.

Finished his senior season completing 294 of 447 passes (65.7 percent), for 4,159 yards and 53 touchdowns while adding 724 rushing yards and 20 rushing touchdowns ... Totaled 73 touchdowns as a senior, the fourth-most in a single season in state history ... Went 268-of-408 (65.6 percent) passing for 4,241 yards and 52 touchdowns as a junior ... Also rushed for 180 yards and six touchdowns in 2013 ... Started as a sophomore and completed 328 of 503 passes (65.2 percent) for 4,397 yards and 48 touchdowns and rushed for 316 yards and seven touchdowns ... Coached by Greg Kendrick ...

Also was an all-state basketball and baseball player, which means he can probably get up and down the court a little bit???

And Storey may indeed decide to move on. If he does I wish him great success!

HogHomer

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 16, 2018, 09:14:22 am
I think maybe some of you are selling Storey short when it comes to running with the ball.

Finished his senior season completing 294 of 447 passes (65.7 percent), for 4,159 yards and 53 touchdowns while adding 724 rushing yards and 20 rushing touchdowns ... Totaled 73 touchdowns as a senior, the fourth-most in a single season in state history ... Went 268-of-408 (65.6 percent) passing for 4,241 yards and 52 touchdowns as a junior ... Also rushed for 180 yards and six touchdowns in 2013 ... Started as a sophomore and completed 328 of 503 passes (65.2 percent) for 4,397 yards and 48 touchdowns and rushed for 316 yards and seven touchdowns ... Coached by Greg Kendrick ...

Also was an all-state basketball and baseball player, which means he can probably get up and down the court a little bit???

Ty is slower than BA was and BA rarely ever out ran people.

IronHog

Quote from: lakecityhog on January 16, 2018, 09:14:22 am

TS ends up doing more than some token runs in a zone option scheme I'll be absolutely shocked.

31to6

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on January 15, 2018, 12:07:30 am
Is it me or does he have an awkward throwing motion? Hard to tell on video but it looks like his release is low.
A lot of High School coaches often do not mess with a QB's fundamentals that much if they are effective. The temptation to just let them play and win games is pretty strong.

He does seem to sling it a bit sidearmed when throwing on the run. Not sure if that is because most of the highlight plays were ones where he had to leave the pocket.

Being *able* to throw at different angles is a strength. I'm sure Enos worked his fundamentals a ton last year.

Would be interested to hear from someone who has seen him throw recently.

HF#1

At least there will be a competition rather than the job being decided based on bloodline.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HogHomer

Quote from: HF#1 on January 16, 2018, 01:49:13 pm
At least there will be a competition rather than the job being decided based on bloodline.
Who are you talking about? If you are talking about the Allen's then you are really showing how ignorant you are.