Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remember when Jim Chaney was

Started by HeyHogs, January 08, 2018, 08:49:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

run out of town on a rail?  Funny how he is not a good OC here but at Georgia he will win a national championship?  Good thing we have Chad now.

ricepig

reds10

Not having Bert as the HC matters more

PorkSoda

we scored 9 on bama, so far chaney has only scored 6.

so, its a little early to be naming chaney as the second coming of offensive jesus.

edit: strike that. he finally got a TD.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HoggyCat

Quote from: reds10 on January 08, 2018, 08:52:19 pm
Not having Bert as the HC matters more

But it didn't matter when Bert was here.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HiggiePiggy

Lol. He almost cost them the game with Oklahoma. If Georgia wins it's because of the defense. Alabama doesn't have a very good qb all you gotta do is stop their run and make your field goals.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2018, 08:51:32 pm
Jimmy's and Joe's matter......

Except many didn't take that into consideration when they commented about Chaney when he was here. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on January 08, 2018, 08:51:32 pm
Jimmy's and Joe's matter......
Naw! He and Pittman were too fat to be any good according to Hogville.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

HeyHogs

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 08, 2018, 08:54:49 pm
Naw! He and Pittman were too fat to be any good according to Hogville.
That's the way I remember it.

ifghog

I know y'all hate to hear this but it's all about the players. You can look GOOD at GA...Tough to look good at AR.  I know y'all will say poor lil AR..but a lot of times it's the truth. Chaney looks great tonight...he didn't just learn to Coach.

Bash

Quote from: HeyHogs on January 08, 2018, 08:49:52 pm
run out of town on a rail?  Funny how he is not a good OC here but at Georgia he will win a national championship?  Good thing we have Chad now.

Fresh take.
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

hoglady

Chaney is a good OC and he was the same good OC when he was here.
He and Bielema didn't appear to get along - pretty evident with the shots Bielema has taken at Chaney over the years. No love lost between those 2.

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ballz2thewall

this has been discussed at least once, i think..........
The rest of the frog.

Hoggish1

This ain't no 30 minute game...

RebelW

The only thing I didn't like about Chaney was he liked to operate from the press box when we had a newbie QB that could have used his guidance on the field.  Of course, the Geo QB is a freshman and Chaney is still in the press box. 

Remember we used a GA to direct the QB on play calling and during timeouts.  Bret was too busy managing the overall team and looking ignorant.

hoglady

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 08, 2018, 09:00:13 pm

This game is far from over.
But win or lose Chaney is a good OC.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: hoglady on January 08, 2018, 08:57:25 pm
He and Bielema didn't appear to get along - pretty evident with the shots Bielema has taken at Chaney over the years. No love lost between those 2.
yep, and you see who's still coaching this season and who's fat ass is propped up on the sofa with a double Scotch and water along with 3/4's of a German chocolate cake by his side...God, all we needed to do was realize that scandals last for a week at the most these days instead of rushing to judgment and firing the 2nd best coach we ever had...typical Arkansas
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 08, 2018, 08:52:55 pm
we scored 9 on bama, so far chaney has only scored 6.

so, its a little early to be naming chaney as the second coming of offensive jesus.

edit: strike that. he finally got a TD.
It's amazing how football stupid some people can be. Look at that TOP, those 3rd down conversions, and total offense there boss.

ChicoHog

Quote from: hoglady on January 08, 2018, 09:01:47 pm
This game is far from over.
But win or lose Chaney is a good OC.
Agreed and also agree with earlier posts abut the players.  Good players make good coaches but give Chaney credit with his creativity.  Fromm is the real deal also.  I will be shocked if Jacob Eason is still at UGA next year. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 08, 2018, 09:00:13 pm
not the point...Bama has been totally outclassed...in a big game, not counting bowl games which Bama didn't want to participate in, name a game that you've seen Alabama so outplayed ?  Last time I remember was in 2010, against our Hogs and then the following week against the Game Cocks
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 08, 2018, 09:02:42 pm
It's amazing how football stupid some people can be. Look at that TOP, those 3rd down conversions, and total offense there boss.
total yards and TOP doesn't put up points.

through the first 29:50 of the game he put up a total of 6 points.

granted that is a little better than the last place team in the west...

but its not like they are gonna put up 50 on saban either.

"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Atlhogfan1

Chaney had 0 qb depth to work with.  Only BA who was beaten up a lot.

The worst comments from our fans were about his physical appearance.  ** people. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

I also believe he spent most of his time trying to run a power run offense that he didn't believe in.  So he ran something sort of in between and appeared unhappy most of the time.

PygmalionEffect2

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 08, 2018, 09:06:29 pm
total yards and TOP doesn't put up points.

through the first 29:50 of the game he put up a total of 6 points.

granted that is a little better than the last place team in the west...

but its not like they are gonna put up 50 on saban either.

You're just making it worse on yourself. 

You made a thoughtless post.

It happens.

Just accept it and move on.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

PorkSoda

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on January 08, 2018, 09:09:05 pm
You're just making it worse on yourself. 

You made a thoughtless post.

It happens.

Just accept it and move on.
but I'm too busy digging a nice hole for myself.

it is kind of funny though, how many people are coming out of the woodwork to declare that they knew all along that chaney was a good OC now that he is in the NCG.

20:20 hind sight and all.

Oliver

racinghog

Chaney's has gotten a ton of mileage dropping Drew Brees's name. He did not coach Brees, Greg Olsen did and currently is the Rams QB coach.

Chaney has only coached the QB's 5 years. He is an offensive line TE coach. Noticed how last years QB got worse as the year progressed with his mechanics. I have noticed that Fromm is starting to break his form also.

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

jcbville

Hogville also said few years back it would be dumb to give Kirby Smart a shot as a head coach because Saban does everything including sleeping with Mrs. Smart.

Oliver

Fact is that we'd never beat the Bama's and Georgia's of the world with an offense like Chaney's.  We can't recruit well enough defensively

hoglady

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 08, 2018, 09:01:51 pm
yep, and you see who's still coaching this season and who's fat ass is propped up on the sofa with a double Scotch and water along with 3/4's of a German chocolate cake by his side...God, all we needed to do was realize that scandals last for a week at the most these days instead of rushing to judgment and firing the 2nd best coach we ever had...typical Arkansas

Totally agree.
Listened to Jeff Long on Bo's show today talking about how much better the program is now than when he got here. God - he must think we are all idiots.

Pork Twain

People on here continue to only look at half the picture to support their POV.  At Georgia, you have as much talent as Bama and can run any offense/defense you want, and at Arkansas, you have to make up for that lack of talent with something else.  Some people are just not good fits.  CBB turned out to not be a good fit here.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Bash

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 08, 2018, 09:06:49 pm

The worst comments from our fans were about his physical appearance.  ** people.

Get ready for Chavis comments.  Oh wait, they've already started.   8)
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Bash on January 08, 2018, 10:05:52 pm
Get ready for Chavis comments.  Oh wait, they've already started.   8)
Too many on here are posting when they should be making love to their sister.  Bill Belichick and Bill Parcells would never make it here.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Mike Irwin

Quote from: racinghog on January 08, 2018, 09:14:45 pm
Chaney's has gotten a ton of mileage dropping Drew Brees's name. He did not coach Brees, Greg Olsen did and currently is the Rams QB coach.

Chaney has only coached the QB's 5 years. He is an offensive line TE coach. Noticed how last years QB got worse as the year progressed with his mechanics. I have noticed that Fromm is starting to break his form also.
Why do you Chaney bashers insist on looking ignorant? You are embarrassing yourselves. The man knows what he's doing. Call the coaches who have gone up against him. He has great respect in the profession.

When Arkansas hired him I looked at Tennessee's record under Chaney and Pittman I thought Bielema was nuts. So I got on the phone. Before he ever called a play at Arkansas some well respected people in the college football business told me that Chaney was very good at what he does.

He's proving that now. To argue otherwise is just stupid.

WaltonCollege

It's a lot of things, the reason they went to GA was because easier recruiting, they were also paired with the best defensive mind in college football not named Saban. Years of having to do more with less here at Arkansas made Pitt and Chaney better and now that they have 5 stars it's easy(er).

Kevin

the problem in Fayetteville was the head coach.

the assistants did what he wanted them to do. that is why he goes through them, like most people go through toilet paper
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hoglady on January 08, 2018, 08:57:25 pm
I agree that Chaney is a very good OC. However, one thing he most certainly has going for him at UGa is the HUGE upgrade in talent he has up and down the line and the overall offensive side of the ball. That can make up for any shortfall in coaching he might have.

racinghog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 08, 2018, 10:14:05 pm
Why do you Chaney bashers insist on looking ignorant? You are embarrassing yourselves. The man knows what he's doing. Call the coaches who have gone up against him. He has great respect in the profession.

When Arkansas hired him I looked at Tennessee's record under Chaney and Pittman I thought Bielema was nuts. So I got on the phone. Before he ever called a play at Arkansas some well respected people in the college football business told me that Chaney was very good at what he does.

Mike I agree with you he is a good coordinator but not a good QB coach. My contention is if he would stay coaching his position he would even be better. Or not coach a position and just coordinate the offense. The only thing I alluded to was his QB coaching abilities.

redeye

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 08, 2018, 10:14:05 pm

I wouldn't argue otherwise, but you can't deny that our play-calling was bewildering while he was at Arkansas.  I don't see that at Georgia.  Do you believe it's the Jimmy and Joe's, like Rice said?  Or is there more to the story?

Mike Irwin

Quote from: redeye on January 08, 2018, 10:24:11 pm
I wouldn't argue otherwise, but you can't deny that our play-calling was bewildering while he was at Arkansas.  I don't see that at Georgia.  Do you believe it's the Jimmy and Joe's, like Rice said?  Or is there more to the story?
Without coming right out and saying it Chaney indicated to me a week or so before he left that his play calling had been highly restricted by Bielema.

racinghog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 08, 2018, 10:30:20 pm
Without coming right out and saying it Chaney indicated to me a week or so before he left that his play calling had been highly restricted by Bielema.
This makes sense to me.

redeye

Quote from: Mike Irwin on January 08, 2018, 10:30:20 pm

Thanks Mike!

I suspected as much, so it's nice to hear some verification.

Snout team

That series shows the maddening effects of his play calling over a game.

Great play caller and has things rolling.  Then he gets cute and gets shut down.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

jdlew

Smart tried to hire Enos before Chaney???...right??

EastexHawg

Everyone and everything had to be sacrificed in an attempt to make excuses for Bielema.  Chaney was among those burned at the stake as a sacrifice to Bret.

redeye

Quote from: jdlew on January 08, 2018, 10:37:47 pm
Smart tried to hire Enos before Chaney???...right??

Yea, I forgot about that.

HogBreath

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 08, 2018, 09:01:51 pm
all we needed to do was realize that scandals last for a week at the most these days instead of rushing to judgment and firing the 2nd best coach we ever had...typical Arkansas
And cost the foundation about 20 million in buyouts for a poor coach and AD.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?