Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hayden

Started by HogSlop84, October 23, 2017, 12:56:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogSlop84

online-with-swine

ipigsooie

I think he ran out of characters, he was trying to say "bowling." He is quite a bowler as you may or may not know.

007 License To Squeal

Bowl?  We ain't going to no stinking bowl!!!  Hahahahaha!!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: online-with-swine on October 23, 2017, 12:57:35 pm
Bowl?
Yep, perfect example of self-dilusion. Then again, how come I'm not surprised ??? ::) :o

hogcard1964

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 23, 2017, 12:59:18 pm
Bowl?  We ain't going to no stinking bowl!!!  Hahahahaha!!!

If the Hogs win this week, and they should, they will probably go to another chitty bowl.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 01:02:45 pm
If the Hogs win this week, and they should, they will probably go to another chitty bowl.
And of course that's assuming we were to actually get to five wins. And that's also assuming that any bowl would be desperate enough to want us. Even as miserable as some of these post season events are that ANYONE actually would be that hard up.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 23, 2017, 01:12:18 pm
And of course that's assuming we were to actually get to five wins. And that's also assuming that any bowl would be desperate enough to want us. Even as miserable as some of these post season events are that ANYONE actually would be that hard up.

6 wins

We would need to beat:

Ole Miss
CC
LSU
and Mizzou

I think Miss St. will stomp us.

DeltaBoy

Good by Toilet Bowl.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 01:15:57 pm

6 wins

We would need to beat:

Ole Miss
CC
LSU
and Mizzou

So will LSU. And MIZZ may just whoop our ass. Again

Michael D Huff AIA

There are so many bowls now that all the 6-6 teams are taken.  There have been sub-.500 teams in a bowl for the past few years.

Seems to me that a bowl is earned.  What did you earn by going 5-7?

I'll answer my own question:  A ticket to a fourth tier bowl game, that's what.

hogsanity

What is he supposed to say " hayden is out 4 to 6 weeks which means his season is over cause we are not making a bowl."?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

EastexHawg

6 wins

We would need to beat:

Ole Miss
CC
LSU
and Mizzou

You think we have a chance against LSU?  I don't.  I think Guice may get his fourth career 250 yard game against us.  If Kelley is still upright going into that game he will take a beating of epic proportions from LSU's defense.

Michael D Huff AIA

There are 40 bowl games, so 80 teams are able to have a "postseason".  There are only 129 teams in the FBS, so every team has about a 60% chance to go bowling.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I don't see us having a chance in hell of even the worst bowl game.

If NCAA basketball was arranged the same way, there would be about 200 tournament-eligible teams.  53% of the NBA makes the playoffs.

hogcard1964

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 23, 2017, 01:22:18 pm
5 wins would get us a bowl. The number is no longer 6. You can go 5-7

Not if the academics aren't there. 

...and they're still not.

texas tush hog

6 wins

We would need to beat:

Ole Miss
CC
LSU
and Mizzou

If we lose to Ole Miss, we go 2-9. LSU and Miss State are guaranteed losses and after, that I think we lose to Missouri too. Could easily go 2-9 if Ole Miss backup performs half as well as he did in JUCO.

hogcard1964

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 23, 2017, 01:49:28 pm

If we lose to Ole Miss, we go 2-9. LSU and Miss State are guaranteed losses and after, that I think we lose to Missouri too. Could easily go 2-9 if Ole Miss backup performs half as well as he did in JUCO.

We'll win our next two.

Vantage 8 dude

Another load of dung we've been fed about our wonderful APR and the great progress our kids have made in the class room. How come I'm not surprised though ??? Pretty much everything else the staff and administration has been shoveling our way has been total crap as well.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 23, 2017, 01:54:19 pm
Another load of dung we've been fed about our wonderful APR and the great progress our kids have made in the class room. How come I'm not surprised though ??? Pretty much everything else the staff and administration has been shoveling our way has been total crap as well.

It was a talking point that was flaunted and easily proven false.  We're 10th academically in one of the truer "academically challenged" conferences in the nation.

inb4 the false "graduation rate" nonsense is brought up.

HogSlop84

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 01:51:38 pm
We'll win our next two.
I'm not so sure we win our next two with Ragnow out

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Jeff's super secret plan to keep us relevant, of course!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

texas tush hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 01:51:38 pm
We'll win our next two.

One maybe, two doubtful with Ragnow and Hayden out.

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

riccoar

Would Hayden be eligible for medical redshirt?

Grizzlyfan

6 wins

We would need to beat:

Ole Miss
CC
LSU
and Mizzou

Have you been watching LSU the last two weeks?  Their front 7 will demolish us.

Hogwild

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 01:47:56 pm
We're really bad academically.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/05/2017-ncaa-academic-progress-rate-football-apr-rankings

Some good teams above us and some good teams below us. We are not that bad. About average. That's still better than where we have been.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogcard1964

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 23, 2017, 02:52:49 pm
Some good teams above us and some good teams below us. We are not that bad. About average. That's still better than where we have been.

That's not "average".

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 23, 2017, 02:54:04 pm
That's not "average".

Read the thread about Jeff Long's contract. We are doing better now than before. That number is also about average. but we all know you have an agenda so go ahead and keep trying.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

code red

This team is not going bowling....this team is not winning but 3 games this year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ICEman

It is a near de facto 13th game.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Redhogs

No it would not.....that only happens when there are not enough 6-6 teams to fill the bowl slots. It happens very few years and to very few teams. And, they are selected by academic criteria, since we are #10 in the SEC in academics and get beat regularly by 30+ points like a red headed step child we are not going anywhere with 5 wins...as it should be. We have earned nothing this year but scorn.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

havok

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 23, 2017, 01:12:18 pm

Unless a major change occurs.. we may not win 5 more games, through next season.

hawgbawb

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 23, 2017, 01:28:07 pm
You think we have a chance against LSU?  I don't.  I think Guice may get his fourth career 250 yard game against us.  If Kelley is still upright going into that game he will take a beating of epic proportions from LSU's defense.
I'm thinking Guice gets three bills on our D.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.