Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re: DGB - is this a recruiting violation?

Started by CaliforniaHawg, January 28, 2012, 12:30:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CaliforniaHawg

Hog on the Hill

I think it's only a violation if the flyers are passed out inside the arena.  If it's passed around in person and not organized by a booster/university employee then I think it's fair game.  That would be equivalent to organizing on a forum like Hogville.

yraciv

There is nothing they can do that we didn't do here. We chanted DGB, multiple locations, we had pictures that weren't bad photoshops, and showed him love everywhere he went.  Even a top 5 ranked Mizzou won't have the same environment as we had last week. I noticed Mizzou doesn't have anyone else visiting either, so it's not like he is getting to bond with other recruits as well.  I think that would be a big deal as well for a guy who seems to not respond to the it's all about me.

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

OneTuskOverTheLine™

It's gonna sound like MIZ.. ZDGOUB  LoL..!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hey Super

As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Clax10

Is anyone watching this Mizz game on tv?  I have not heard them do it once.  Is DGB there yet?  Not to mention that Tech is holding their own.  Its not very rowdy at all in there.... at all!!!!

Doug

January 28, 2012, 01:12:36 pm #7 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:31:50 pm by Douglas
From Doc Harper via Twitter:
The Mizzou gym is not nearly as loud as Bud Walton was at the Michigan game last week. #DGB
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

zane

RIP LSUfan

hawg IQ

Quote from: 4windshawg on January 28, 2012, 12:59:45 pm
It's gonna sound like MIZ.. ZDGOUB  LoL..!!
Mmmm, I was thinking Dorailzerback !!
go hogs go !

HoginIllinois

Quote from: zane on January 28, 2012, 01:14:57 pm
Wow- that is as lame as lame gets

Oh Lawwwwdy! There she is again. They be some Dyer up in hur!

passinghog

January 28, 2012, 01:19:56 pm #11 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:21:33 pm by Showtimehog
Was Doc Harper at the game last week? Wouldn't you have to actually be AT both games to post something like that?

*Edit* nvm, I I didn't see the NOT in Douglas' post.

LR Hog

Man there are going to be some MIZ...ERY on Wednesday.
Like a boss.

Clax10

Quote from: Showtimehog on January 28, 2012, 01:19:56 pm
Was Doc Harper at the game last week? Wouldn't you have to actually be AT both games to post something like that?

So you were going to question the authenticity of the post if he said that it was "nearly as loud".  But now that you realize that it says it was "NOT nearly as loud" then you are ok with it?  Haha.  Homerism at its finest.  (btw I approve of this as well, I am not hating on you, just enjoying your reasoning)

Doug

Quote from: ShowtimehogWas Doc Harper at the game last week? Wouldn't you have to actually be AT both games to post something like that?

::chuckles::  I'll edit my post to make that stand out a bit more. ;)

Doc's been one of the main people following DGB's recruiting trials and tribulations, so he'd be good to follow on Twitter if you're not already: @doc_harper
--Doug

wnash

Hey....What do y'all think about getting all the recruits puppies as a welcome to Arkansas warming gift?  I love puppies, but a lot of people are allergic to kittens though

SquidBilly

Quote from: wnash on January 28, 2012, 07:44:06 pm
Hey....What do y'all think about getting all the recruits puppies as a welcome to Arkansas warming gift?  I love puppies, but a lot of people are allergic to kittens though

Hey Douglas.  Looks like the ban hammer is needed again.  Not accusing this poster of trolling, just extreme idiocy.

wnash

Hahahahah sorry guys..l I have been hacked by my little heathen kids...  Don't drop the ban hammer yet...they think they are funny

strawhog

Quote from: wnash on January 28, 2012, 07:52:02 pm
Hahahahah sorry guys..l I have been hacked by my little heathen kids...  Don't drop the ban hammer yet...they think they are funny

Quote from: wnash on January 28, 2012, 07:44:06 pm

WTH???

wnash

However, my 10 year old posts with more intelligence than some of the things I read daily on here..

SquidBilly

January 28, 2012, 07:58:13 pm #20 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:00:34 pm by ATLpiggie
Quote from: wnash on January 28, 2012, 07:56:10 pm
However, my 10 year old posts with more intelligence than some of the things I read daily on here..

That is true.  +1  And please accept my sincere apologies for the idiocy remark.  You need to set up the parental controls on your browser though.  :)

Doug

January 28, 2012, 08:02:13 pm #21 Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:08:04 pm by Douglas
Quote from: wnashHahahahah sorry guys..l I have been hacked by my little heathen kids...  Don't drop the ban hammer yet...they think they are funny
No disrespect intended, but you wanna try that again?

(Yeah, I've heard that excuse before...)

When will people learn that they are ultimately responsible for actions performed under their account?  And yes, we do due diligence before dropping anything down on someone.

So, I ask you again, you wanna re-think your excuse? :)

Sometimes, I'm too much of a hard ass.

Lock down the puter, and make sure you log out of all sites after you're done and before you turn the puter over to the kids... or get them their own system, locked down with parental controls galore.
--Doug

wnash

Quote from: ATLpiggie on January 28, 2012, 07:58:13 pm
That is true.  +1  And please accept my sincere apologies for the idiocy remark.  You need to set up the parental controls on your browser though.  :)
Oh no problem man.  These kids get the biggest kick out of that kind of stuff.  You would think after Facebook incidents in the past I would have learned by now.  I've only posted a few times, so it usually appears as I'm a troll.  However, I have been reading Hogville since it started...

wnash

Quote from: Douglas on January 28, 2012, 08:02:13 pm
No disrespect intended, but you wanna try that again?

(Yeah, I've heard that excuse before...)

When will people learn that they are ultimately responsible for actions performed under their account?  And yes, we do due diligence before dropping anything down on someone.

So, I ask you again, you wanna re-think your excuse? :)
That's my cue... I will log out now and just read.

Doug

wnash, refresh and see my modified/updated post. :)
--Doug

SquidBilly

Quote from: wnash on January 28, 2012, 08:06:03 pm
Oh no problem man.  These kids get the biggest kick out of that kind of stuff.  You would think after Facebook incidents in the past I would have learned by now.  I've only posted a few times, so it usually appears as I'm a troll.  However, I have been reading Hogville since it started...

That's cool.  Just keep the kiddos off the board.  You don't need to be having to explain some of the avatars on here to your ten year old.  :)

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Douglas on January 28, 2012, 01:12:36 pm
From Doc Harper via Twitter:
The Mizzou gym is not nearly as loud as Bud Walton was at the Michigan game last week. #DGB

The sun doesn't shine at 2 am, either.