Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CFN preview

Started by LRRandy, May 10, 2017, 10:32:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogwild on May 13, 2017, 04:30:33 pm
Yet over the last 5 seasons we less wins than Vandy

Playing in the East is worth at least 1 and maybe 2 more wins each season.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogwild

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 14, 2017, 07:24:35 am

We are 4 & 6 against the East during that span.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogwild on May 14, 2017, 10:47:32 am
We are 4 & 6 against the East during that span.

I know, that sounds bad, doesn't it? That is until you take into consideration that 2 of those losses came from a S. Carolina team that was having uncharacteristic success in the waning years of "the Visor" with back to back 11-2 years.

1 loss to a Georgia team that would go on to post a 10-3 record and another loss to a Missouri team that won the East that year and went to the SECCG.

And let's not ignore the fact that we are 3-1 vs. the East the last two seasons and really should have been 4-0 without the blown loss to Missouri.

So yeah, just posting the number that you did looks pretty bad, but you have to drill down a bit more than that to find more truth.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogwild

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 14, 2017, 11:21:06 am
I know, that sounds bad, doesn't it? That is until you take into consideration that 2 of those losses came from a S. Carolina team that was having uncharacteristic success in the waning years of "the Visor" with back to back 11-2 years.

1 loss to a Georgia team that would go on to post a 10-3 record and another loss to a Missouri team that won the East that year and went to the SECCG.

And let's not ignore the fact that we are 3-1 vs. the East the last two seasons and really should have been 4-0 without the blown loss to Missouri.

So yeah, just posting the number that you did looks pretty bad, but you have to drill down a bit more than that to find more truth.

First the combined conference record of those ten teams from the East in they years we played them was a  pedestrian 40-40.  Now if you eliminate the 10 games against us, they would be below .500, not exactly murder's row.

ricepig

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 12, 2017, 09:52:00 am
Not a gambling man but if I were you would be making a huuuuuuge mistake.  I don't think a top 16 school in FB revenue is worried about a buyout that can be paid out over several years.  7-6 gets him canned.

Awful easy for you to conveniently find a way out of a bet.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogwild on May 14, 2017, 05:19:10 pm
First the combined conference record of those ten teams from the East in they years we played them was a  pedestrian 40-40.  Now if you eliminate the 10 games against us, they would be below .500, not exactly murder's row.

Yeah, but we didn't play all of the teams in the East.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogwild

Quote from: poloprince on May 14, 2017, 04:59:54 amI disagree, Sumlin's seat is probably the hottest in the SEC right now.  And under the scenario he described, us starting the season 1-2, with October slate of @ South Carolina, @ Alabama, Auburn, @ Ole Miss, would not put CBB in a comfortable position.

So a 44-21 record coach is on a hotter seat than a coach with a losing record? Makes no sense to me.

Their new AD doesn't play-

DESTIN, Fla. -- We have our first official hot seat coach in the SEC for 2017.
That would be Texas A&M's Kevin Sumlin. Don't ask me, ask Aggies athletic director Scott Woodward.

"Coach Sumlin knows he has to win. He has to win this year. He has to do better than he has done in the past."

That might be obvious to some Texas A&M supporters. Sumlin has posted three consecutive 8-5 seasons.
While a .675 career winning percentage -- .693 at TAMU -- might be good enough for some, in the hyper-competitive SEC it can be dicey....

A 9-4 season in 2013 was followed by those consecutive 8-5 finishes.  Texas A&M hasn't finished ranked since 2013 and has lost two consecutive bowl games....
Sumlin has a $10 million buyout on his contract following this season.  Woodward was named AD in January 2016.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-a-ms-ad-just-put-coach-kevin-sumlin-square-on-the-hot-seat-entering-2017/

gchamblee

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on May 13, 2017, 07:49:24 am
So you did a complete 180, jumped on board, then another 180 and was completely vs him?
Why does your commentary suggest otherwise?

<<Whew.  All is well in my world again.>>

lol. im old but i got that :P too many memes i guess.

gchamblee

Quote from: LZH on May 13, 2017, 09:49:55 am
We will be fine at RB. Hopefully we don't have too many TO's because of little experience for the younger guys, but I think we are going to be okay.

I was nodding while reading this. Im gonna buy you a beer one of these days.

gchamblee

Quote from: LRRandy on May 13, 2017, 11:24:29 am
seems like that happened to Mark  Richt every year. Not winning at a high enough level eventually cost him his job.

And he is going to be sorely missed by UGA as he builds a hell of a program in Miami.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hogwild on May 13, 2017, 04:30:33 pm
Yet over the last 5 seasons we less wins than Vandy

They played different teams than we did.

LZH

Quote from: Hogwild on May 31, 2017, 12:08:13 pm

Their new AD doesn't play-

DESTIN, Fla. -- We have our first official hot seat coach in the SEC for 2017.
That would be Texas A&M's Kevin Sumlin. Don't ask me, ask Aggies athletic director Scott Woodward.

"Coach Sumlin knows he has to win. He has to win this year. He has to do better than he has done in the past."

That might be obvious to some Texas A&M supporters. Sumlin has posted three consecutive 8-5 seasons.
While a .675 career winning percentage -- .693 at TAMU -- might be good enough for some, in the hyper-competitive SEC it can be dicey....

A 9-4 season in 2013 was followed by those consecutive 8-5 finishes.  Texas A&M hasn't finished ranked since 2013 and has lost two consecutive bowl games....
Sumlin has a $10 million buyout on his contract following this season.  Woodward was named AD in January 2016.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-a-ms-ad-just-put-coach-kevin-sumlin-square-on-the-hot-seat-entering-2017/

Wow, an AD that really wants to win, must be nice. I wonder how that would go over around here if Jeff Long had said the same thing...not that he ever would in a zillion years.

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 14, 2017, 07:24:35 am

I don't care.  That is inexcusable.

hogcard1964

Quote from: The ColonelHog on June 01, 2017, 11:26:44 am
BB may be safe for another year but Sumlin isn't.  When an AD goes on FineBUM and says he has told Sumlin "you have to win NOW," he's already put him on notice that 8-5 ain't cutting it.

Funny, 8-5 could actually get our current coach extended or have is already ridiculous buyout upped.

hoghearted

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 13, 2017, 08:28:34 am
It amazes me that if any other coach loses the RB that led the SEC in rushing last year (during the regular season) and has younger RB's that don't perform at as high of a level and they admit that it had a negative effect on their offense, everyone nods and says, "yeah, I can see where that would be the case, bad break". But if Bielema says it, it is an excuse.

I think that Whaley will embrace his role as the #1 and make a big jump in production this season.

Maleek Williams, according to Enos, knows the offense and executes his assignments including blocking and pass-pro at a higher level than any Freshman RB that we have had lately. Additionally, even the upper classmen seem to be amazed at the way he runs the ball. Now that is certainly no guarantee that he is going to produce like that during the season, but I do think it is reason for optimism.

They split T.J. Hammonds out for the first part of spring so he could lend his speed and additional depth to the WR's and then brought him back to the RB's the last part of the spring. He is going to see time at both and the ability to use him both ways could create match-up problems when he lines up in the backfield and then shifts to the slot.

Juan Day supposedly had the healthiest and strongest spring of anytime since his arrival on campus and he will probably see some snaps as well.

Chase Hayden is going to probably get a stronger look this summer than he might have otherwise and might see some snaps if someone is injured, but I really think they will try to R/S him. Of course that doesn't mean that the R/S can't be pulled if need be.

I think we will be fine at RB. Would have been great if we hadn't lost RWIII, but I still think that we are in good shape.

I thought Day was transferring?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hoghearted on June 01, 2017, 04:28:06 pm
I thought Day was transferring?

He is, look at the date of the post. I posted that and then found out 4 days later that he was leaving.
Go Hogs Go!

lakecityhog

Richt AVERAGED 9.6 wins per year for 15 years at Georgia! He had a 13-1 season, a 12 win season, two 11 win seasons and five 10 win seasons. Arkansas fans would (and should) erect a statue of any coach that gave us 15 years like that!!!

Al Boarland

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 01, 2017, 12:15:01 pm
Funny, 8-5 could actually get our current coach extended or have is already ridiculous buyout upped.
Different programs, different expectations.