Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Highly-Regarded Tight End Patton Part of This Week's Recruiting Report

Started by Drew Amman, May 22, 2016, 07:36:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Amman

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/highly-regarded-tight-end-patton-part-of-this-weeks-recruiting-report

Richard Davenport joins the Razorback Nation for this week's recruiting report.

Here's the transcription from that interview:

Drew Amman:
It's time to talk recruiting now on the Pig Trail Show and our source for recruiting, RD, Richard Davenport joins us from Whole Hog Sports and the Arkansas Democrat Gazette.  Richard let's start with Jonathan Nance a wide receiver just committed to the Hogs earlier this month.  He is from the Class 2017, he is from Gulf Coast Community College.  What do you like about him? 
Richard Davenport:
I like him a lot because he chased his dream.  He signed with Southern Miss in 2015, enrolled early, he thought he was going there as a receiver.  They moved him to defensive back.  He went through spring practice and wasn't too hyped on being a defensive back, so he went back, went to a junior college, really took a chance, and that chance paid off by getting some offers, along with Arkansas.  An SEC Offer was huge to him, and he was very glad to be a Razorback.  You just got to admire this kids guts to take a chance like that. 
Drew Amman:
Also from the class of 2017, a running back Maleek Williams, really likes Illinois as well as Arkansas, really likes the Arkansas Fan Base. 
Richard Davenport:
Yeah he does, he was talking about the fans and how much of an impact they've had on him, and he plans to visit Arkansas this summer, has excellent size.  About 5-11 215, but one thing that you really notice about him is he is a very very tough runner, a guy that can get you that first down on third down and short.  But a good relationship with Reggie Mitchell, and he's very high on Arkansas.

Drew Amman:
To the defensive side of the football, and Isaiah Johnson, a JUCO Guy and you know what, he's from Northeastern Oklahoma, seems like a guy that Arkansas is high on.  What can you tell us about him?
Richard Davenport:
  Yeah he's a defensive lineman, six four about 296, excellent athleticism, doesn't have an offer from Arkansas just yet but he sent in his transcripts to Arkansas, there's a good chance that that could happen.  He visited Arkansas over a week ago, and was just blown away by what he saw and also he didn't know that Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson played at Arkansas, so that really impressed him.  Keep an eye on him, I think he will get an offer at some point.
Drew Amman:
  At the tight end position Jeremy Patton.  He will visit the Hogs in June.  He's from Arizona Western College.
Richard Davenport:
  Got a ton offers but  again, if you're a tight end, why wouldn't you like Arkansas with what Coach Bielema has done with tight ends and how often that they're utilized in the offense.  So, excellent size, but one thing you really notice about him is his speed.  He's very excited about visiting Arkansas.
Drew Amman:
Alright looking ahead, down the road, the class of 2018, Theo Day, just visited by Dan Enos the Arkansas Offensive Coordinator.  Enos going up to Dearborn Michigan and Day apparently with plans to visit Arkansas as visiting contributing and participating in a camp coming up in June, Richard.
Richard Davenport:
Yeah, June 11th Camp, evidently Coach Enos really liked what he saw and Day's Coach told me that he was very impressed with his arm, the zip that he had on it.  Excellent size, about 6-5 200 pounds, 4.7 speed.  I think he has a chance to get an offer after that camp.  From my understanding, Coach Enos is very, very high on him.
Drew Amman: "............"
Richard Davenport from Whole Hog Sports and the Arkansas Democrat Gazette.  Richard, as always, thanks very much. 

Arkamedes

Good report, Drew! I'm impressed with all these guys. Hopefully, we'll pick up a few commits from this list.
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes