Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We have a lot of commits with QB highlights

Started by luke hawg, April 30, 2016, 08:12:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

RedyorNot

Well, we know they are athletic and hopefully that speaks well of their ability to grasp concepts early on. QB to WR seems to work out well more times than not

presidenthog

Quote from: RedyorNot on April 30, 2016, 11:54:46 am
Well, we know they are athletic and hopefully that speaks well of their ability to grasp concepts early on. QB to WR seems to work out well more times than not
I like it as most schools just stick thier best athlete at QB. also the QB has to have a better football IQ and that will only help with the move to reciever.

PigDaddyKane

Back before scholarship limits this was Coach Broyles approach.  As presidenthog said, usually a school would put their best athlete at QB, esp small schools.  So he would sign a lot of them.  Then turn them into where they fit best.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

pignparadise

Quote from: PigDaddyKane on April 30, 2016, 10:20:35 pm
Back before scholarship limits this was Coach Broyles approach.  As presidenthog said, usually a school would put their best athlete at QB, esp small schools.  So he would sign a lot of them.  Then turn them into where they fit best.
Freddie Douglas, Teddy Barnes, Chuck Dicus, Steve Little, Steve Atwater, are just a few of the former Hogs that were former high school quarterbacks. Three were all Americans and another is immortal....
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

lumphog

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

RealHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on May 02, 2016, 08:51:51 am
McFadden

My wife HS (small private school) played against McFadden at Pulaski Oak Grove and said it was ridiculous watching him compared to his peers. They had no chance. If he could make SEC corners look slow imagine HS kids.

razorhog52

Lots of coaches back in the day made a career of recruiting QBs from small school redshirting them and plugging them in. Switzer and Tom Osborne some of the most famous but Broyles too.

draftkings33

Quote from: RealHog on May 02, 2016, 12:45:07 pm
My wife HS (small private school) played against McFadden at Pulaski Oak Grove and said it was ridiculous watching him compared to his peers. They had no chance. If he could make SEC corners look slow imagine HS kids.
I saw him get a total of 10 yards one game.  Worst Offensive line in history

songofthesword

Dmac wasn't really a qb. He was the starting rb and had a wildcat qb package

The Florida team that won the natty a few years ago

Major Wright
Joe Haden
Will hill
Louis Murphy

All hs qbs