Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trust the coaches

Started by Huds_HawgTide, April 27, 2016, 02:16:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huds_HawgTide

April 27, 2016, 02:16:56 pm Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 02:57:39 pm by Huds_HawgTide
Daulton has moved all the way up to #139 and a four star ESPN's newest top 300 list...these early commits are to kids we love...we don't let just anyone commit
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

Huds_HawgTide

Scanning thru the list we are on bout 20-30 kids on list with realistic chances on 5-10
tommy boy

Seebs

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on April 27, 2016, 02:22:31 pm
Scanning thru the list we are on bout 20-30 kids on list with realistic chances on 5-10

I'd take that.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

mhuff

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on April 27, 2016, 02:16:56 pm
Dylan has moved all the way up to #139 and a four star ESPN's newest top 300 list...these early commits are to kids we love...we don't let just anyone commit

Sorry.... can't read.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Seebs on April 27, 2016, 02:57:25 pm
I'd take that.
it's my recruiting plan in a nutshell. 10 4*, 10 3*(high or diamond in the rough), and a project 2* or 2 and 3 5 *s. We do that here with any developement and some good retention and that will work out better than one might think. We've managed to do close to that last year, just need a couple more 5*(top 5 at their position 4*) studs. That can be made up for in one-two cycles if we just keep doing what we are doing. These 5-6 draft picks this weekend can't hurt either.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Baron Browning lookin good on that list. We have a shot at Dylan Moses ya'll think?

Hyatt is now the #5 pocket passer in the country by ESPN ratings and with all of the top 6 QB-PPs already committed (as well as 13 of the top 16!!), that is pretty damn solid.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

longpig

Outstanding, I suspect 3 or 4 more of the guys we have will become 4 stars.  When's the last time we had an ESPN List QB?   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Don't be scared, be smart.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: longpig on April 27, 2016, 03:25:09 pm
Outstanding, I suspect 3 or 4 more of the guys we have will become 4 stars.  When's the last time we had an ESPN List QB?   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Ricky Town, although post injury he ended up #10 on that list. He was #1 for a good while. Cole Kelley was #16 last year.

Austin was #23 and Brandon was #30 on their list. But, yeah, he is now our highest rated QB prospect. Crazy.

The_Boot_stops_here

April 27, 2016, 04:40:01 pm #10 Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:03:18 am by The_Boot_stops_here
nice.  good for Daulton. 

Huds_HawgTide

tommy boy

factchecker

That got me thinking--- how many ESPN 150 players have we signed?   

# indicates their overall ranking - - - not positional

*list does not account for transfers - -  Ryan Mallett was #12 overall and Ricky Town was #124 overall

2006:   #12 Mitch Mustain QB, #81 London Crawford  WR,  #88 Damian Williams WR

2007:   none

2008:   #41 Joe Adams WR,  #76 De'Anthony Curtis RB,  #81 Tyler Wilson QB

2009:   #25 Darius Winston CB

2010:   #93 Cam Fedlt OL

2011:   #66 Mitch Smothers OL,  #88 Brey Cook OL,  #136 Lonnie Gosha DE

2012:   none

2013:   #57 Alex Collins RB,  #69 Hunter Henry TE,  #144 Denver Kirkland OL

2014:   #81 Bijhon Jackson DL,  #126 Brian Wallace OL,  #145 JoJo Robinson WR

2015:   #98 Hjalte Frohodlt DL

2016:   #11 McTelvin Agim DL,  #70 Devwah Whaley RB,  #143 Briston Guirdy DL

Highest rated ESPN player signed (since 2006):  #11 McTelvin Agim

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawginbigd1

The above list should be all that's needed to understand recruiting rankings are suspect at the very best!

presidenthog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 27, 2016, 08:48:19 pm
The above list should be all that's needed to understand recruiting rankings are suspect at the very best!
not gonna lie. our highest ranked one looks the part imo.

Pig in the Pokey

you mean the list right above your head that is a literal who's-who of Football on the Hill over the past decade? Besides Winston playing more like a 3* than a 5* and the curious case of DeAnthony Curtis, that list looks like proof that stars do matter if you ask me.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

RME

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on April 27, 2016, 02:16:56 pm
Dylan has moved all the way up to #139 and a four star ESPN's newest top 300 list...these early commits are to kids we love...we don't let just anyone commit

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on April 27, 2016, 04:40:01 pm
nice.  good for Dylan.

Who is Dylan?

31to6

Let's go thru that list:
MM - Started here. Could have started at 100 D-1 schools. Transferred to QBU to chase song girls. Still, put him in the 'bust' list.
Crawford - Played all 4 years. NFL UDFA. Still playing in Arena League. Athletic ability properly identified, but never did much here. We can call him a bust with a QB-Killa asterisk from a razorback perspective.
Williams - Great here. Great at USC. NFL WR.
Adams - one of the best razorback WRs ever. Drafted.
Curtis - bust
Wilson - one of the best razorback QB's ever. Drafted.
Winston - solid contributor, but was overrated. 50% bust.
Feldt - career ending injury.
Smothers - solid contributor.
Cook - solid contributor.
Gosha - bust
Collins - NFL
Henry - NFL, Mackey Award.
Kirkland - NFL (*probably... still great player for us)

So, you are telling me that there is a list out there that if I were to draft my whole team from them I would get a roster with 50% NFL players and >75% SEC-caliber starters?

Where do I sign up?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 31to6 on April 29, 2016, 09:25:54 am
Let's go thru that list:
MM - Started here. Could have started at 100 D-1 schools. Transferred to QBU to chase song girls. Still, put him in the 'bust' list.
Crawford - Played all 4 years. NFL UDFA. Still playing in Arena League. Athletic ability properly identified, but never did much here. We can call him a bust with a QB-Killa asterisk from a razorback perspective.
Curtis - bust
Gosha - bust
Collins - NFL

So, you are telling me that there is a list out there that if I were to draft my whole team from them I would get a roster with 50% NFL players and >75% SEC-caliber starters?

Where do I sign up?
he is an idiot that actually posted evidence contrary to his actual argument. LMAO

Hog Nutt

Dang, look at North Carolina.

HogMantheIntruder

Here's a better question- Who would have thought that CBB would bring in at least one 4* QB every year?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: 31to6 on April 29, 2016, 09:25:54 am
Let's go thru that list:
Curtis - bust
Gosha - bust
Collins - NFL

Where do I sign up?
I agree with everything on your list except Winston. He was the worst 5 star I ever saw. He was continuously beat, missed tackles, and just flat out didn't give much effort. He was one of the worst starting CB's we've ever had. There was nothing solid about his contributions.

31to6

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on May 02, 2016, 08:32:42 am
I agree with everything on your list except Winston. He was the worst 5 star I ever saw. He was continuously beat, missed tackles, and just flat out didn't give much effort. He was one of the worst starting CB's we've ever had. There was nothing solid about his contributions.
Fair enough.

I had to give him 1/2 credit because even though he underwhelmed, he held a spot at the top of the depth chart for a lot of games.