Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

David Beasley Pine Bluff HS

Started by IronMountainHog, April 26, 2016, 07:15:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMountainHog

http://m.pbcommercial.com/sports/high-school/beasley-smith-arrested-battery-armed-robbery

2 felonies for Aggravated Robbery, First Degree Battery and he is being accused as the shooter by the victim. Full ride to LA Tech probably going to disappear. I always wondered why Coach Bielema didn't recruit this kid harder, but obviously his background checks and vetting process showed up something he wanted to pass on.

King Kong

hawg IQ

soon to be offered at Alburn and Ol Misscue
go hogs go !

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: IronMountainHog on April 26, 2016, 07:15:15 am
http://m.pbcommercial.com/sports/high-school/beasley-smith-arrested-battery-armed-robbery

2 felonies for Aggravated Robbery, First Degree Battery and he is being accused as the shooter by the victim. Full ride to LA Tech probably going to disappear. I always wondered why Coach Bielema didn't recruit this kid harder, but obviously his background checks and vetting process showed up something he wanted to pass on.

"I just don't understand why some of these instate kids aren't getting offers from the Hogs!!"

Are we learning yet, people?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

oldman1015

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 26, 2016, 08:36:48 am
"I just don't understand why some of these instate kids aren't getting offers from the Hogs!!"

bingo
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Richard Davenport

They were concerned with his maturity, but his 40 time was also a big concern.

Vantage 8 dude

April 26, 2016, 10:49:50 am #6 Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 12:27:10 pm by Vantage 8 dude

Just hate to see any kid make bad choices. Hope if they're truly guilty they can learn from their mistake(s) and get their lives turned around.

The_Boot_stops_here

Extreme example but whatever

bigdaddyhawg

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

IronMountainHog

In Arkansas the minimum sentence for Aggravated Robbery is 10 years with the maximum 40 years or life. First Degree Battery I'm Arkansas is 5 to 20 years. Football is the least of this kids problems.

younghog

GO HOGS

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on April 26, 2016, 10:54:47 am
Perhaps in some cases. However, I very seriously doubt that CBB and the staff are not going to go after a kid instate they feel can get the job done. I have no clue as to why DB wasn't offered. However, there was obviously some reason(s) the staff didn't feel comfortable in extending a scholarship. As others have suggested more than once perhaps we shouldn't be too hasty to judge or criticize the decisions our coaches make. No doubt whatsoever they've all forgotten more about football and its many nuances than we will in five life times.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: IronMountainHog on April 26, 2016, 11:31:21 am
In Arkansas the minimum sentence for Aggravated Robbery is 10 years with the maximum 40 years or life. First Degree Battery I'm Arkansas is 5 to 20 years. Football is the least of this kids problems.
yep. and you have that 70 percent law, too, so at least a 7 year bit.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 26, 2016, 11:20:13 am
So I guess everyone's not learning.
Unfortunately some you can't teach no matter what. 

The_Boot_stops_here

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on April 26, 2016, 12:35:31 pm
You have plenty to learn

That's for sure.

But I take comfort in all those in that boat with me.  :)

Still, some things are easier to learn than others, and some folks really resist even that learning.

zane

So sad to see a kid with such a bright future waiting right in front of him blow it like this.
RIP LSUfan

Pig in the Pokey

or, he was a Sun Belt player. Oh yeah, his best offer was La Tech. I guess EVERY OTHER MAJOR COACH IN AMERICA also knew he was a robber. #eyeroll
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 26, 2016, 02:57:29 pm
or, he was a Sun Belt player. Oh yeah, his best offer was La Tech. I guess EVERY OTHER MAJOR COACH IN AMERICA also knew he was a robber. #eyeroll
He had an offer from Houston and Memphis. Houston will be a top 10 team again this year. He finished in the top 3 for the Landers Award this year.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: IronMountainHog on April 26, 2016, 03:07:47 pm
He had an offer from Houston and Memphis. Houston will be a top 10 team again this year. He finished in the top 3 for the Landers Award this year.
I agree those two are obviously better but La Tech was the same as them as few years ago with Dykes. Either way, no Power 5 offers. I get that it was a cute little thought, but, no, Coach didn't see the future or know kid was a robber or something. I'm sure he'd say as much. In fact, I bet he DOES say as much b/c so local hack will probably ask him that.
@Slackaveli

TrueBlue

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 26, 2016, 09:29:49 am

He must have had a slow "Zero to 55" as well since he let a "defender" catch him from behind.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on April 26, 2016, 10:54:47 am

Which is more extreme? Bielema not offering him due to doubts or armed robbery?
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Pig in the Pokey

April 26, 2016, 06:59:56 pm #23 Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:36:15 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on April 26, 2016, 05:51:41 pm
Which is more extreme? Bielema not offering him due to doubts or armed robbery?
because if Casey Ford, let's say, gets busted tomorrow it doesn't mean that I knew it was gonna happen and it doesn't mean that coach didn't recruit him b/c of character issues. IF the kid was a 5* then it could hold water. If , say, Byers doesn't ever get an offer and ends up a rapist/robber/gangster THEN you might be on to something as to why coach didn't offer such an amazing talent (it must be character issues). This kid was a sunbelter all day. He could have been Tim Teabow II off the field and he still wouldn't have gotten an offer. Hogville is nothing if not a collection of dudes who tend to make gigantic leaps; That's all I'm sayin/
@Slackaveli

Cure

He would've gotten his offer had his background checked out.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Cure on April 26, 2016, 07:07:20 pm
maybe, i certainly don't know. just seems like a classic hogville leap to me. perhaps, tho. Either way, good dodge by UA.
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 26, 2016, 07:36:59 pm
maybe, i certainly don't know. just seems like a classic hogville leap to me. perhaps, tho. Either way, good dodge by UA.

I watched him a few times, good athlete, but not a SEC player, just like Tate wasn't.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2016, 07:47:13 pm
I watched him a few times, good athlete, but not a SEC player, just like Tate wasn't.
kinda my take on the kid as well. Hell, you're right there and think that so there you go.
@Slackaveli

AirWarren

Yup. Our coaching staff probably sensed this kid had a little thug in him.

JIHawg

Those that want Bielema to recruit more instate kids are likely the same people that want him to recruit more speed.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 26, 2016, 09:29:49 am

I never understood his poor 40 time because he played much faster than his time indicated. There have been concerns about his maturity level but this...no one around here suspected he was capable of doing what he's accused of. This is not a case where the coaches just let him run wild and turned blind eye when he did wrong.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 27, 2016, 02:56:51 pm
I never understood his poor 40 time because he played much faster than his time indicated. There have been concerns about his maturity level but this...no one around here suspected he was capable of doing what he's accused of. This is not a case where the coaches just let him run wild and turned blind eye when he did wrong.
finally somebody close debunks this myth being tossed around. Nobody thought David Beasley was a robber and planned to shoot people. If they did he wouldn't have even had the La Tech scholly.
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 27, 2016, 03:45:33 pm
finally somebody close debunks this myth being tossed around. Nobody thought David Beasley was a robber and planned to shoot people. If they did he wouldn't have even had the La Tech scholly.

RD said it best, maturity and speed, or lack there of.

zebradynasty

Right I don't think his 40 time alone made UA back off because anyone that seen him play could see that he was faster than the 4.8 range I saw posted.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 27, 2016, 03:45:33 pm

Says you.

Tons of kids anyone can see that are headed in a bad direction in a hurry get scholarships to play college athletics -- because they are great athletes.

Have you ever even heard of Auburn football???

bigdaddyhawg

April 27, 2016, 08:47:01 pm #35 Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:47:53 am by bigdaddyhawg
Quote from: AP85 on April 26, 2016, 08:16:42 pm
Yup. Our coaching staff probably sensed this kid had a little thug in him.

I doubt it's really all that hard for our staff to determine if a kid is one they want. Talks to coaches, teachers, etc. are quite revealing, I'm sure.

And I'm thinking if CBB has ANY doubt, he moves on.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 27, 2016, 06:01:38 pm
Right I don't think his 40 time alone made UA back off because anyone that seen him play could see that he was faster than the 4.8 range I saw posted.

Trust me.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Cure on April 26, 2016, 07:07:20 pm

There was no one in PB that saw this coming. It was more talent than lack of character.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 27, 2016, 10:09:38 pm
Trust me.

Well if it was a forty time then that should have been looked at more closely I'm telling you he was faster than 4.8!

IronMountainHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 27, 2016, 10:50:06 pm
Well if it was a forty time then that should have been looked at more closely I'm telling you he was faster than 4.8!
Lol at a local telling the Recruiting Guru of Arkansas athletics that he is wrong on a prospects speed.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 27, 2016, 10:50:06 pm

RD never said he ran a 4.8, lol, only that his time was a concern. I saw him play, and I thought he was a fast Arkansas high school player, for what that's worth.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2016, 08:22:18 am
RD never said he ran a 4.8, lol, only that his time was a concern. I saw him play, and I thought he was a fast Arkansas high school player, for what that's worth.

I didn't mean to imply that RD said he ran a 4.8. I saw that number or something similar in some other recruiting publications. I just think that even though he did not have blazing speed that he had enough raw athleticism to run in the mid 4.5s if he was worked with like he would be at a major D-1 program.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on April 27, 2016, 08:43:07 pm
Says you.

Tons of kids anyone can see that are headed in a bad direction in a hurry get scholarships to play college athletics -- because they are great athletes.

Have you ever even heard of Auburn football???
that is a  good point lol
@Slackaveli

Richard Davenport

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 28, 2016, 08:43:59 am
I didn't mean to imply that RD said he ran a 4.8. I saw that number or something similar in some other recruiting publications. I just think that even though he did not have blazing speed that he had enough raw athleticism to run in the mid 4.5s if he was worked with like he would be at a major D-1 program.

He ran at an Arkansas camp and one of the coaches clocked him.

Regardless, this is a tragedy. The kid made a life changing bonehead decision. He had a chance to play college ball and get a college education. So sad.

pigture perfect

However talented he is, I'm sure he's going to to have to find some use for it in prison. But some of the most brilliant chemist, cooks and athletes are in our prisons instead of our classrooms. What a shame.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 28, 2016, 11:06:30 am
He ran at an Arkansas camp and one of the coaches clocked him.

Regardless, this is a tragedy. The kid made a life changing bonehead decision. He had a chance to play college ball and get a college education. So sad.

According to today's ADG, that's "decisions", another charge was added from a separate assault.

PorkRinds

I think he may have gotten confused a bit.  He was signed with La Tech, not LSU.  LSU players are allowed to do things like this, while La Tech players aren't given the same "chances".  At LSU ole Les would just let the players vote on whether or not he should be able to join the team.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 28, 2016, 12:37:14 pm
I think he may have gotten confused a bit.  He was signed with La Tech, not LSU.  LSU players are allowed to do things like this, while La Tech players aren't given the same "chances".  At LSU ole Les would just let the players vote on whether or not he should be able to join the team.

+1

Cure

Quote from: Richard Davenport on April 27, 2016, 10:22:07 pm
There was no one in PB that saw this coming. It was more talent than lack of character.
No one that you spoke with. The kid didn't have talent issues, he was just a slow take.

At any rate -- Bolding will have more coming out this year and I hope this Beasley gets it together.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Piggfoot

Quote from: Cure on April 28, 2016, 02:11:29 pm
No one that you spoke with. The kid didn't have talent issues, he was just a slow take.

At any rate -- Bolding will have more coming out this year and I hope this Beasley gets it together.
There are those, I am told who want Bolding out.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.