Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New commit tomorrow?

Started by ballinhog, April 21, 2016, 04:20:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinhog

On the front of our 247 page there's an article that says we're expecting to add a commitment from an "outstanding athlete on Friday" but it's a pay article. Anyone know who it may be? The headline says he will play receiver

WooPig90

ballinhog

LJHOG

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: LJHOG on April 21, 2016, 06:38:22 pm
Who?  Can find nothing on him.
Former J'vill receiver that went pro baseball.

ballinhog

Is he projected as an impact guy? I seen the deal about him being a baseball player but I have no clue how he is as a football player.

And I'm assuming he would be eligible this upcoming season and not a 2017 commit

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: ballinhog on April 21, 2016, 06:47:02 pm
Is he projected as an impact guy? I seen the deal about him being a baseball player but I have no clue how he is as a football player.

And I'm assuming he would be eligible this upcoming season and not a 2017 commit
I believe the baseball team pays for his college. Save a scolly but count against the number total ?

yraciv

Quote from: ballinhog on April 21, 2016, 06:47:02 pm

Hard to say. He hasn't played football in 4 years, and is coming in as a walkon, so I'd expect the redshirt, especially with our WR depth. He'll be a walkon with the Indians paying for his school initially.  I do expect him to play at sometime. He was a very good player in HS, who had D1 interest until it was obvious he was going to be a baseball player.

ballinhog

Quote from: yraciv on April 21, 2016, 07:02:15 pm
Hard to say. He hasn't played football in 4 years, and is coming in as a walkon, so I'd expect the redshirt, especially with our WR depth. He'll be a walkon with the Indians paying for his school initially.  I do expect him to play at sometime. He was a very good player in HS, who had D1 interest until it was obvious he was going to be a baseball player.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know anything at all about him. Never know he could come in and compete for playing time, will be exciting to follow

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: yraciv on April 21, 2016, 07:02:15 pm

If he is 21 or 22 coming in (4 years of Baseball), I have to wonder if he would agree to being a Redshirt. I would think that he would prefer to not spend an idle year in development. He may hope that his skills can translate to at least making special teams the first year out. Of course, that's hard to say if he could do that or not. But at 21-22, the clock is ticking on him having any shot at the next level, IF that is his ambition.
Go Hogs Go!

whosiskid

He has to know two things: First, it is going to take him some time to get his football skills back in order. Second, Arkansas is ridiculously deep at WR in 2016. He might as well redshirt. He isn't going to play much this year. Next year is different. But this year he is going to be at best a bench player.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Arkamedes

Bring him on! I'm sure he knows that it may take awhile after four years away from football but his highlight reel shows he has a lot of potential once he gets back in the groove.

Welcome back home, D'Vone! Be the Razorback you were always meant to be!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

cpohog

Quote from: whosiskid on April 21, 2016, 10:05:17 pm
He has to know two things: First, it is going to take him some time to get his football skills back in order. Second, Arkansas is ridiculously deep at WR in 2016. He might as well redshirt. He isn't going to play much this year. Next year is different. But this year he is going to be at best a bench player.

Third thing he must know.....his nick name will be OLD MAN!
In most cases there is a lot of maturity that happens from the ages of 18 to 22. If for no other reason the team gets a walk on who could bring maturity and leadership. Keep in mind WR is loaded this year.
Not playing football in 4 years his body is not accustomed to the contact. So first and foremost he has to get his body back into football shape.

MuskogeeHogFan

Probably a logical conclusion, but we won't know until he hits the practice field. I'm interested to see how quickly it all comes back to him.
Go Hogs Go!

younghog

Will he arrive this summer ..
GO HOGS

HogFanDan

What was the name of that TE that did that with us several years ago? 

He never did anything spectacular but was definitely serviceable and reliable after a he was in the program for a little while getting his football feet back under him.

smb

Welcome home to be UNCOMMON!
GeorgiaHOG

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: cpohog on April 22, 2016, 04:56:04 am
Third thing he must know.....his nick name will be OLD MAN!
In most cases there is a lot of maturity that happens from the ages of 18 to 22. If for no other reason the team gets a walk on who could bring maturity and leadership. Keep in mind WR is loaded this year.
Not playing football in 4 years his body is not accustomed to the contact. So first and foremost he has to get his body back into football shape.

I read an article about him a few days ago and it indicated that he was aware that three of our current top receivers are gone after this season and that was a draw for him. That made me think he has a good idea of where he stands. Said he was choosing between us an AZ.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

He may be much more ready to immediately contribute on special teams and if so he may rather do that than redcrape considering his age. Who knows but interesting speculation on a lot of things with this guy. Hope he picks us. 

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: HogFanDan on April 22, 2016, 10:29:14 am
What was the name of that TE that did that with us several years ago? 

He never did anything spectacular but was definitely serviceable and reliable after a he was in the program for a little while getting his football feet back under him.

Andrew Davie. He was a solid contributor.

BigSexyHog

He will be a starter from day 1.  Book it
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

RedyorNot

John Humphrey is transferring from OU and SDS says its most likely us or Baylor. That would give us one more slot guy to go with McClures size on the edge if they both come.

jjdlc

Quote from: BigSexyHog on April 22, 2016, 12:59:06 pm

That is a pretty bold statement considering our depth at WR.  I hope he is that good.

luke hawg

JIHawg

Quote from: BigSexyHog on April 22, 2016, 12:59:06 pm

What are you basing this on?