Awesome! Pretty good offer list for this young man. Glad he is a Hog

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Steef

greenEGnHAWGS

Awesome news! Welcome to the family Daulton!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

navyhog24

Awesome. Now go help get and recruit the big guys in Illinois to protect ya

Uncommon

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 12, 2016, 08:48:26 pm
Awesome. Now go help get and recruit the other big guy in Illinois named Kevin Jarvis so he can be on the other end as your teammate
LOL

navyhog24

A Hogwork Orange

He has a rocket arm. Doesn't like to stay in the pocket a lot though. Good mobility. Good get, I like it!

Wildhog

Love getting "plan A" QB's.  Big pickup.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Uncommon

Quote from: Wildhog on March 12, 2016, 09:01:57 pm
Love getting "plan A" QB's.  Big pickup.
Where's the epic GIF?!  Is it the lack of sleep?

tophawg19

this kid has an excellent arm and can really run . 6'4 185 and can make plays with arm or feet. Enos should be happy , he throws well rolling out and sees the field really well. one cool customer when rushed
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Kyle

That kid plays fast. Quick progressions and delivery. Should be a good one after a couple steak dinners.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: jcarney12747 on March 12, 2016, 09:27:17 pm
3 star. Mizzou and Vandy the only other SEC schools to offer. The other real contender to land this guy was Wake Forest. Take from that what you want.

Lol, it's way early in the recruiting process. Judging a kid on his offers in March 11 months before signing day is really kind of moronic.

Oh and by the way the only DI school to extent an offer (contingent on a visit) at Carson Wentz out of HS was CMU with Dan Enos. And now Wentz will be a top 10 pick. I trust Enos on QB evaluations

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/01/26/carson-wentz-central-michigan-football/79336462/

greasy_corner

Quote from: jcarney12747 on March 12, 2016, 09:27:17 pm
3 star. Mizzou and Vandy the only other SEC schools to offer. The other real contender to land this guy was Wake Forest. Take from that what you want.

I'll take it as a performance evaluation from Arkansas, an offer from Arkansas, and a verbal to Arkansas.  WooPig.

jjdlc

The kid was one of, if not the top QB on our board.  Based on his video, I  won't be surprised at all if he ends up a 4* after this summer.

Wildhog

Quote from: jjdlc on March 12, 2016, 09:45:42 pm
The kid was one of, if not the top QB on our board.  Based on his video, I  won't be surprised at all if he ends up a 4* after this summer.

Well, we offered Davis Mills, Jake Bentley, and Tate Martel before Hyatt, but he was still a very early offer.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

texas tush hog

Quote from: jjdlc on March 12, 2016, 09:45:42 pm

After committing to us, it's doubtful.

Justifiable Hogicide

Great news and a big QB pickup!
Woo Pig  :razorback: and welcome Daulton Hyatt!

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

whosiskid

I've really stayed away from looking at too many kids at this point, since we don't know who is going to want to be a Razorback. So I just now looked at his film and I have to say I was really impressed. Really mobile. A quick, quick kid. Super quick release. Make some hard throws. Strong arm. There was one throw where by my estimate he had the ball in the air for 45 yards and he didn't have his feet set when he threw.

Feel bad for Taylor Powell, but it looks like he is right on the verge of an Alabama offer. Hope he goes somewhere else so I can root for him to do well. But how can I pull for anyone at Bama?

It would be incredibly ironic if Powell, without an offer from Arkansas, went to Alabama, while Hyatt, without an offer from Alabama, goes to Arkansas. Doubt that that has ever happened before and probably won't ever happen again.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Steef

It's March.

I can't believe anyone would entertain even a thought...much less comment...negatively about any young man who commits to us. At any time.

But surely not in March.

Really, really stupid.

This is a "plan A" recruit. We offered and accepted a "hard commit"...in March. We don't do that with anything less than a recruit we REALLY want. No 'wait and see' about THIS decision.

There have been times in our history when we had staff that couldn't evaluate between a good athlete and a mule. This is not one of those times. Enos in particular, knows his stuff. And he deliberately picked this kid. And gave him one of our precious 25 golden tickets. Really, he gave him the ONLY precious golden ticket, because we won't take another QB this year.

One QB per year. This QB.

In March.

HoggusMaximus

When he takes off he has a Matt Jones kinda stride.

Seebs

Great get. I will say what many of you are thinking ... you have to ask the young man about what he will do when Bama and Auburn come calling later in the process or in the 11th hour?

They will, if only to try and twist us up.

Hope he stays strong.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ricepig

Quote from: Seebs on March 13, 2016, 08:18:51 am
Great get. I will say what many of you are thinking ... you have to ask the young man about what he will do when Bama and Auburn come calling later in the process or in the 11th hour?

They will, if only to try and twist us up.

Hope he stays strong.

He's not a DB in JUCO, so no need to worry about Auburn, now Bama, if they strike out on their 9 guys ahead of him......

Muskliketusk

Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

rzrbk4life

WPS! Welcome aboard Daulton!
Let's call those hogs!!!!

razorbacker3

Quote from: whosiskid on March 13, 2016, 12:45:40 am
I've really stayed away from looking at too many kids at this point, since we don't know who is going to want to be a Razorback. So I just now looked at his film and I have to say I was really impressed. Really mobile. A quick, quick kid. Super quick release. Make some hard throws. Strong arm. There was one throw where by my estimate he had the ball in the air for 45 yards and he didn't have his feet set when he threw.

Feel bad for Taylor Powell
, but it looks like he is right on the verge of an Alabama offer. Hope he goes somewhere else so I can root for him to do well. But how can I pull for anyone at Bama?

It would be incredibly ironic if Powell, without an offer from Arkansas, went to Alabama, while Hyatt, without an offer from Alabama, goes to Arkansas. Doubt that that has ever happened before and probably won't ever happen again.
Aren't we recruiting him as an athlete?

COCHISE

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on March 13, 2016, 08:10:26 am
When he takes off he has a Matt Jones kinda stride.
And reminded me of BA in terms of moving around in the pocket and throwing on the move.

ricepig

Hogs run wild

I only watched about 3 minutes of the video. Anybody see him under center?
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome Mr. Daulton Hyatt.

Nice athleticism.

CDE should be able to develop Daulton into an effective Razorback QB.

" GO HOGS "

ricepig

Quote from: Hogs run wild on March 13, 2016, 09:32:20 am

Nope, but that's not uncommon these days, I'm pretty sure we have a couple on the roster who never took a snap from under center.

jgphillips3

He'll have 2-3 years minimum to learn how to take it under center, if he doesn't now, before he gets in a game so it shouldn't be an issue with a real QB coach like Enos.

HOGINTENNESSEE

On the radio he said he hasn't taken a snap under center since like the 7th grade. But he has transfers to new school and will take snap under center next season.

IronHog

Quote from: Steef on March 13, 2016, 07:06:51 am
It's March.

I can't believe anyone would entertain even a thought...much less comment...negatively about any young man who commits to us. At any time.

But surely not in March.

Really, really stupid.

This is a "plan A" recruit. We offered and accepted a "hard commit"...in March. We don't do that with anything less than a recruit we REALLY want. No 'wait and see' about THIS decision.

There have been times in our history when we had staff that couldn't evaluate between a good athlete and a mule. This is not one of those times. Enos in particular, knows his stuff. And he deliberately picked this kid. And gave him one of our precious 25 golden tickets. Really, he gave him the ONLY precious golden ticket, because we won't take another QB this year.

In March.

2nd Enos QB.

They're recruiting big athletes with natural throwing ability......both are pretty raw as HS'ers.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

RaisinHog

I like the two enos q/b s because although neither have been highly rated guys coming out of high school they actually have the frame to develop into NFL size and were as before we get guys like BA and Austin and rafe who are very good players but will never be big prototypical prostyle passers!!

scruf

Feel bad for Taylor Powell, but it looks like he is right on the verge of an Alabama offer. Hope he goes somewhere else so I can root for him to do well. But how can I pull for anyone at Bama?

All things being equal, 6'4" > 6'1"

ricepig

Quote from: scruf on March 13, 2016, 12:48:50 pm
All things being equal, 6'4" > 6'1"

All day, every day. If Powell ends up at Bama, I'll cheer him on, but I don't see it.

IronHog

The one place a team can out recruit and out play Bama is QB.

They tend to go with game manager types that won't mess it up for the other studs....... 
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

scruf

Quote from: IronHog on March 13, 2016, 12:54:04 pm

The one place a team can out recruit and out play Bama is QB.

They tend to go with game manager types that won't mess it up for the other studs....... 

Agree, Bama's best QBs line up in the middle of the defense.

passinghog

Love seeing our last 3 QB commits have been legit 6'3" and taller. Hopefully gone are the days where we sign the 6'1" fringe athlete at QB.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Steef on March 13, 2016, 07:06:51 am
It's March.

But surely not in March.

Really, really stupid.

In March.

Agree with most of this. Particularly about the fact that this young man is a priotrity recruit for this staff. If Enos wants the kid this early in the process, you gotta feel good. Nice to have the qb position locked down before the summer even starts. Happy about this one

southarkhog06

Quote from: Showtimehog on March 13, 2016, 01:15:40 pm
Love seeing our last 3 QB commits have been legit 6'3" and taller. Hopefully gone are the days where we sign the 6'1" fringe athlete at QB.
Jones; Dick; Mallett; Wilson; Allen. 2 of those are 6'1" or under, so for one you are wrong about us having an issue with recruiting short QBs. Secondly, one of the 2 6'1" guys was pretty friggin good; so on 2 counts you are wrong about us signing "6'1" fringe athletes at QB".

Rockhawg

I loved his video. I don't think i have ever seen a kid that accurate on roll out's while in high school. He certainly looks to have some decent wheels on him. The transfer to a school where he can take some snaps under center will help him prepare for our offense. Good looking pick up. WPS

HogNDas

NOW we're talking!... good job CBB!