Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TRUE OR FALSE?

Started by NATEHOGG216, January 29, 2006, 05:24:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NATEHOGG216

First Hallf of a BBall game = Players ablility/talent

Second Half of a BBall game = Coaching ability

Please correct me if Im wrong, but in all of our SEC losses we have had the lead in the second half only to get "out coached".  In at least two of the losses we held very large double digit second half leads.   
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Pragmatic PiG

can't have it both ways

so false on your thread

bigred7987

the only reason your saying that is it fits perfectly to your hire heath wants.  Stop putting a spin on things to suit what you want...thats completely false. 

NATEHOGG216

Now now.  A team with good talent can come out and play loose and do well in the first half.  During half time the "coaches" make adjustments.  Good coaches make the adjustments that help your team either come back from a deficit or build on the lead.  Poor coaches make the adjustments that just don't seem to do either.  Facts are facts the other coaches are making the right adjustments and we aren't.  How else do you explain repeatedly losing substantial second half leads.  Please explain why I am wrong.
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: bigred7987 on January 29, 2006, 05:31:35 pm
it fits perfectly to your hire heath wants.

Believe me, I do not have any "hire heath wants"

NATEHOGG216

zone most of the second half while UK is shooting lights out?  Good coaching?

Pragmatic PiG

Just saying that you are spinning in order to give heath no credit whatsoever

I don't disagree about 2nd half adjustments but you are not being objective if you don't give due for acquiring the lead to begin with

NATEHOGG216

I see your point.  Im just very very VERY frustrated with the program

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on January 29, 2006, 05:48:46 pm

did you see Rondo beating anybody and everybody off the dribble?

No doubt Stan had no answers, but it certainly isn't as cut and dry as you make it out

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on January 29, 2006, 05:59:05 pm
I see your point.  Im just very very VERY frustrated with the program

me too

Niels Boar

I can't ever recall a team blowing so many big leads to inferior-talented opponents.  It's bizarre.  You expect that to happen to a team when they know and their opponent knows they are playing over their heads.  You pray the inevitable run will be too little, too late.  This ain't the '96 UK team with NBA prospects coming off the bench.   This version of UK should not have been able to score enough points against us to overcome an 18-point lead.  They didn't have a physical advantage at a single position.  The way Sparks was handling the ball we should have been able to force Tubby to rush to his bench to get him out of there.  Instead, he's scoring uncontested layups in halfcourt sets with the game on the line.  Kellog caught his own understatement of "that was a little bit of a breakdown."

Razorbrett

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on January 29, 2006, 05:24:38 pm
First Hallf of a BBall game = Players ablility/talent

Second Half of a BBall game = Coaching ability

Please correct me if Im wrong, but in all of our SEC losses we have had the lead in the second half only to get "out coached".  In at least two of the losses we held very large double digit second half leads.   

Exactimundoo!

bigred7987

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on January 29, 2006, 05:48:46 pm
actually the announcers talked about us playing alot of man...When Kentucky made their big run they talked about how we can't play zone because we didnt have time to get down the court and set it up so we were playing alot of man to man.  This was beg. of second half when they really cut into the lead.