Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is becoming too familiar

Started by Chris, January 29, 2006, 02:41:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Heath's established that he cannot coach a team to a victory on the road, yet his team jumps all over a Kentucky team that's having a down year. By all indications the Hogs should have won the game easily. How many of you watched or listened to the game and at the half deep down inside you just knew they would let Kentucky back into the game.
I'm not a basketball coach so I don't know what needs to take place but something HAS to be done. My years of watching sports has given me a strong grasp of coach-speak. You want your team to play hard and smart. Establish your gameplan or tempo. Be consistent. The only thing this Hog basketball team does consistently is go ice cold for 5 minutes or more in the 2nd half. Or until their opponent is tied or in the lead. Good grief Stan!!! Call a freakin' time out and chew on some butts. Get emotional. Sit Jefferson every single time he does something stupid. Any action Stan could take would be better than what he's doing now.......which is nothing.

Bottomline....this was a chance for the Hogs to get a very important win in a legendary arena. It doesn't matter that Kentucky is having an off year, a win in Rupp is a major confidence builder, which could have been just what this team needed to finish the season strong.
Instead we're just those same ole' Hogs that can't finish a game.
Ready for the Hogs to take the next step.