Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Once Again, We Snatch A Loss from the Jaws of Victory

Started by Hog Hegemony, January 29, 2006, 02:20:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Hegemony

How is it we can lead by 18 and still lose this game?  It's absolutely unacceptable.  We did it at Alabama, LSU and now Kentucky.  This is absolutely horrible.  This isn't a problem with talent, it a problem with heart!  That's the coaches fault.  He's not teaching this team to close out a game and to play with heart.  This team isn't tough enough!!!

We won't make the NCAA tourney AGAIN this year.  Terrible, absolutely terrible. 

ballhog™

Should it be suprise?  I foolishly allow myself to think we've figured it out and turned the page with getting a solid win.  I should have known better.  I don't even know why i get worked up anymore.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

geoffhog

January 29, 2006, 02:25:02 pm #2 Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 02:31:49 pm by geoffhog
Another game where we have better talent and lessor coaching.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Hog Hegemony

It's coaching.  There is no other explaination.  You can't blame it on the talent we have... you have to believe that the coach isn't doing the right thing.  We keep coming up short in the last 10 minutes of every game.  Terrible!!!

chiefsfan

Talent?  We have Modica and Brewer and thats it...    We cant get enough consistant games out of the rest of our team to say we have talent.   We are an above average basketball team, that plays down to its competition...

Thats not coaching, thats players, its 90% on the players anytime a team loses a game.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

cobbshogs

ballhog™

If the players are good enough to get an 18 point lead, then why can't they keep it?  No direction from the bench when things go wrong.  We just keep our fingers crossed and hope we can some how hang on.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Hog Hegemony

I disagree.  If you put a Kentucky or Duke uniform on our team they are automatically a better team.  It has nothing to do with the color of the uniform, it has everything to do with coaching.  This team doesn't believe they can do it.  They don't believe they can really compete with a good team.  Kentucky is not a good team compared to their standards.  We should have won.  We were the better team.  We just have a coaching problem.

geoffhog

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 29, 2006, 02:30:54 pm
Talent?  We have Modica and Brewer and thats it...    We cant get enough consistant games out of the rest of our team to say we have talent.   We are an above average basketball team, that plays down to its competition...

Thats not coaching, thats players, its 90% on the players anytime a team loses a game.
Thats ridiculous, we clearly had Ky outclassed talent wise. They made adjustments at halftime that we were not ready for and that was the difference in the game.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Hog Hegemony

January 29, 2006, 02:37:34 pm #9 Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 02:40:34 pm by Hog Hegemony
Adjustments and attitude.  You think those Kentucky guys doubted for a minute that they could come back at anytime?  They believed.  We just played not to lose in the second half.

ballhog™

Key example.  Kentucky calls timeout with 3 seconds left on the shot clock and comes out and run and in bounds play for a dunk.  We come out of a timeout with 24 seconds left and our in bounds play has Thomas shooting a 3 pointer for an air ball.  Who drew up the better play in the huddle?

Razorback88

We have no heart.  That is a coaching problem, but also a player problem.  Why does a coach have to scare his players for them to want to win????  Not starting a Heath debate here.  Just wondering why kids getting their schooling paid for can't show some guts.

BigHog396

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 29, 2006, 02:30:54 pm

Have you actually watched any of the games we have played this year????  It is totally a matter of coaching.  The talent is there, the coach doesn't know what to do with it.  Have you ever watched Heath's substitution patterns.  No... well that is because he has no clue.  I think he just blindly walks down the bench and plays enie-menie.  There is no logic or reason to how he substitutes.  When was the last time Hunter did anything to prove he should even sniff the court?

Give us all a break.  The talent is there, and with a good COACH, we would have only lost 1 or two games so far this year.  It's ALL about the coaching.

Biggus Piggus

We had four different players shoot .500 from the line.  Change that at all, might have been a different ending.  But you know that wouldn't have really mattered.  We can't make the necessary plays, whatever they are.

For the game, Kentucky made 24 of 39 2-pt field goal attempts.  Horrendous help defense, and we play a zone like we don't know what we are doing.  You'd think we were the short team, not UK.  We shot 18-40 from 2-pt range. 

What a waste.  This whole Heath thing has been a waste.  Broyles thought he was doing something smart agitating Nolan nonstop for years then firing him the first time he went .500.  Real smart.  Brilliant.
[CENSORED]!

ballhog™

Players take on the attitude of their coach, IMO.  Passive coaching leads to passive players.

hogattack21

It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

Hog Hegemony

Quote from: ballhog on January 29, 2006, 02:43:44 pm
Players take on the attitude of their coach, IMO.  Passive coaching leads to passive players.

Amen

WilsonHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 29, 2006, 02:43:22 pm
We had four different players shoot .500 from the line.  Change that at all, might have been a different ending.  But you know that wouldn't have really mattered.  We can't make the necessary plays, whatever they are.

For the game, Kentucky made 24 of 39 2-pt field goal attempts.  Horrendous help defense, and we play a zone like we don't know what we are doing.  You'd think we were the short team, not UK.  We shot 18-40 from 2-pt range. 

What a waste.  This whole Heath thing has been a waste.  Broyles thought he was doing something smart agitating Nolan nonstop for years then firing him the first time he went .500.  Real smart.  Brilliant.

I guarantee Nolan is sitting at his ranch and laughing his ass off right now.

ballhog™

Kentucky gave a clinic on how to run a half court offense the 2nd half.  Great spacing, great passing, high percentage and open shot taking, tenacious rebounding.  We had none of that.

HogHillbilly

It's the Coaching.............How many games do you think Tubby could win with our guys ?
More than Heath I'd bet..............
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

RzrbckMAJ

I'm baffled, Broyles has done so much to build an awesome sports program at the U of A but he seems to be idly standing by and watching it crumble before him.  Either Heath is a great a$$ kisser or Frank has gone insane.
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."<br />-- General George S. Patton, Jr

ballhog™

Tubby is a bulldog on the sideline.  Our sideline acts like we just hope the clock hurries up and runs out.

HogHillbilly

I've said it before.....................Heath is like Coach Kline in the Waterboy Movie...........

HEATH IS IN OVER HIS HEAD !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: hogattack21 on January 29, 2006, 02:44:25 pm
I have never been so ready for football season.

Don't leave out baseball season my friend

hog fans need to learn to hang their hat on Van Horn's team............the revenue sports are only that, just revenue makers

berryhog

Quote from: ballhog on January 29, 2006, 02:39:01 pm
Key example.  Kentucky calls timeout with 3 seconds left on the shot clock and comes out and run and in bounds play for a dunk.  We come out of a timeout with 24 seconds left and our in bounds play has Thomas shooting a 3 pointer for an air ball.  Who drew up the better play in the huddle?

My thoughts exactly.  Tubby put them in a situation to succeed.  Our staff does not seem to be able to do this. 

Hog Hegemony

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......I feel like charlie brown trying to kick the football.  Everytime we're about to finally do it, Lucy pulls it away and we flop down on our butts.  That's what happens everytime Arkansas has a big lead and makes me think we're actually gonna win and then we lose in the last 10 minutes.

HighOnHogs

I'm done with hog basketball this year. Let me know if they make to the second round. I can't take it anymore.