Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HAWGONITs take on Bball

Started by hawgonit, January 29, 2006, 02:16:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgonit

January 29, 2006, 02:16:35 pm Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 05:44:56 pm by hawgonit
It is very clear that the talent is there but the team clearly lacks poise in challenging situations.  That is a reflection of the coaching staff.  They don't have the belief in themselves that they can put a team away when they have the large lead... That is a reflection of the coaching staff

It takes more than being a good recruiter to put a basketball package together.  We have all seen coaches with lesser talent convince and motivate a team to perform beyond their given talents.  It is clear Coach Heath does not have within himself the ability to make his team believe in themselves.

He would make a fine assistant coach and recruiting coordinator.... but is not yet ready to Captain a ship in SEC waters.

Porkestrator

leavenworth1

Great post, Hawgonit, My sentiment exactly. It is clear that our team has no confidence in themselves and their head coach.  Whenever there is a tight game, we tighten up, throw stupid passes, and worst of all, get lackadayscical on defense.  I am through with watching this team until we get a quality head coach.  Love Nolan or hate him, this lack of intensity was RARELY present when Nolan was coaching. 

BloodRedHog

Will you tell us who you are now? I am dying to know.   :razorback:
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

dirthog

I agree totally, how can we keep losing games in which we have double digit leads. what does heath say at the half????
"This is no dress rehearsal, we are professionals and this is the big time"- Waylon Jennings

Pragmatic PiG

Can Mitch shoot a three?

just wondering

Hogs4Ever

Great observations Hawgonit.  I couldn't agree more.  It is clear to everyone that Heath does not have what it takes to win in the SEC.

Squealers

OK,

I am now convinced that Stan is overwhelmed.  I didn't get to see the game, my golf game got in the way, but had my trusty radio in hand.  1st half, great game,  Second half meltdown.

This has happened too many times during the past 2 seasons.  You know the old adage, "Things never are as bad as they seem, and things are never as good as they seem"?  Well, here is my theory.....Stan, be it the great guy he is, can not ignite 40 minutes of intense desire.  Even if we were fortunate to win out our SEC schedule, we would be crushed in the first round of the NCAA.  This team does not have the potential to win when it counts....consistently.

Now, the clincher in my thinking, is Hawgonit's post.  You sealed the deal for me, and I must say, I couldn't agree with you more.

BTW, Hawgonit, how has MM's life been since his re-commitment to the Hogs?  Have you seen a change in him?  More relaxed, enjoying being out from under the microscope?   Thanks for the post!
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.