Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you guys remember last year's Kentucky game?

Started by Biggus Piggus, January 29, 2006, 02:15:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Ferguson took it upon himself to get the last shot all by himself, ran down court and flung up a wild trey that bricked.

How many times has he done that in his career, ignored far superior options to take the last shot on his own?  I remember the first big game he did that in, against Memphis when he was a freshman.  Ferguson has NEVER made one of these shots, but he still thinks he's the guy who should be shooting in crunch time.

Ferguson did it again inside the last minute today.  Ridiculous.

Can't say Brewer's charging foul, with THREE teammates and one lone defender, was any less ridiculous.

These players just are not smart enough to understand Heath's brilliant coaching.  Right?  Could be.  They sure look dim.
[CENSORED]!

pfrg999

I just cannot believe it... 18 up and two down.... I say he is OVER his head.... Start the E-mail to JFB...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

cousineddie

Quote from: pfrg999 on January 29, 2006, 02:21:37 pm
I just cannot believe it... 18 up and two down.... I say he is OVER his head.... Start the E-mail to JFB...

If I remember correctly, I think you had a different opinion after the Ole Miss game!?!? I could be wrong. Sorry if I am.

Biggus Piggus

He has a right to be optimistic when a guy should be able to be optimistic.  Gosh, we should beat Kentucky right now.  Their roster is half full of stiffs.  We did have an 18-point lead on them in the first half for a reason.  Kentucky is extremely short of good players.
[CENSORED]!

BentonvilleJeff

Also, I'm starting to realize that Brewer is a great talent without the ability to play in the clutch. He seems to disappear when we need him the most.

Pragmatic PiG

January 29, 2006, 02:34:44 pm #5 Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 02:36:48 pm by Pragmatic PiG
maybe but he plays too many minutes 

The guy is flat worn out at the end

ballhog™

This is probably Kentucky's worst team in 20 years, and Heath's best team yet.  Get an 18 point lead, 16 point lead in the 2nd half and can't win.  That doesn't look very promising.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

hogstorm

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 29, 2006, 02:15:01 pm
Ferguson took it upon himself to get the last shot all by himself, ran down court and flung up a wild trey that bricked.

How many times has he done that in his career, ignored far superior options to take the last shot on his own?  I remember the first big game he did that in, against Memphis when he was a freshman.  Ferguson has NEVER made one of these shots, but he still thinks he's the guy who should be shooting in crunch time.

Can't say Brewer's charging foul, with THREE teammates and one lone defender, was any less ridiculous.

These players just are not smart enough to understand Heath's brilliant coaching.  Right?  Could be.  They sure look dim.

enough with the ferguson bashing... he had 19 pts.  He kept us in it when we shouldnt have been.... he was one of the few who were actually taking good looking shots.  If you want to talk about taking bad shots, maybe you should start with townes continually throwing up bricks (which was during a time in the game where a shot or two made could have made the difference)

ballhog™

yeah, ferguson had a nice air ball on the drive to the basket with about 50 seconds left.  We still actually had a chance to get back in it with a chance to win and he goes and drives the lenght of the court and just throws up a shot.  Making other shots does't excuse poor decisions later, and that was a crucial mistake.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Biggus Piggus

These guys lose their composure because they are not prepared for these situations.  Their coach is an airhead who can't anticipate anything.  On their own athleticism they scramble to make something happen after they've already blown it, but man we're so far from being an efficient, well coached team it's revolting.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: hogstorm on January 29, 2006, 02:38:27 pm
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 29, 2006, 02:15:01 pm

enough with the ferguson bashing... he had 19 pts.  He kept us in it when we shouldnt have been.... he was one of the few who were actually taking good looking shots.  If you want to talk about taking bad shots, maybe you should start with townes continually throwing up bricks (which was during a time in the game where a shot or two made could have made the difference)

It does not matter what the score is when we enter crunch time.  We always screw up key late possessions.  Ferguson is one of those players who can occasionally rack up some stats but has no basketball sense, so he costs the team wins.  Empty stats.

Heath's teams have shown no comprehension of how different the game is in those times of the game when every possession matters.  Decisionmaking = terrible.  Goes for every stinking player we got.  Seems like, anyway.  We look dumber than the most academically marginal Guy Lewis teams.
[CENSORED]!

HighOnHogs

Hog Basketball as we use to know it is dead.  Forget it.  It's over!  We are not even Kent St. We are a joke.  Nolan started the joke after the 95 season and it's been downhill ever since.  Our leaders at the University have forgotten what Arkansas Basketball is suppose to be.  It is time we all realize Arkansas is not a NCAA tourney team once again.  I am disgusted.

Pragmatic PiG

I would contend that Hog hoops as we knew it was over long before stan took the job

He is just a stopgap to continue revenue pouring in, ya know it still is, despite the message board bickering

Tejano Jawg

These past few years of Hog football and basketball are excruciating. (EX-KRU-SHEE-ATE-ing.) We play well enough for part of a game to keep it close...even against really good teams. But we loose practically all of these games. It is about doing the right thing at the right time...whether it's a coaching decision or a key play made on the field or court. We can't put it together.

The painful thing about these close losses...the thing that really drives you mad...is you go back and say "if one play were different". Well, that ONE PLAY is what makes many teams good. They may not be loaded with superstar players, but they make that one play when they need to. Not us. There are players out there (in whatever sport) who may not have hall-of-fame stats, but make the clutch plays when the game is in the balance. And there are coaches who make the right calls in those same situations. We are so lopsided (on the wrong end) of that it's not funny. It's Heath, it's Nutt, it's EVERYTHING.

Forget that today we were up by a gigantic 18 (which is another issue entirely), this Kentucky loss will go on the shelf next to the likes of last year's LSU football game, the Georgia game the year before...I'll just stop there. Losing by just 2 points today makes me want to rewind back and say "just ONE less bad pass for a turnover...just ONE more block out for that rebound...just a LITTLE more effort keeping them from driving for an easy layup..." When will this end?
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Niels Boar

Team Lawn Chair.  Travels well.  Easy to pack, easy to carry, folds up on command.

nobballconcept

hawg ball has turned into dodge ball.  our guys run when the pressure builds.  no one able to step up and no coach to set up a play like the inbounds play UK did for the dunk with only 3 seconds left on the shot clock.  can stan not tell his team to watch for that?  or are our guys just too plain dumb to pay attention to the situation?  we do not understand the logistics of what is happening during the game to prepare ourselves with what might happen next.