Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Meltdown...Fire Heath!...umm..We Suck Thread

Started by RazorHawg16, January 29, 2006, 02:12:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorHawg16

All right we shoulde have won this one everyone show your emotions here!

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: razorbackgal on January 29, 2006, 02:13:46 pm
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

How do you lose a game when you were up by 18 points?????? Tell me, HOW? I'm so sick of losing. :puke:
Ask the coach.

Unbelievable.  >:(

Porkestrator

bigred7987

We are just cursed....The losing mentality is contagious....everyone of those players had the same thoughts we did when they started coming back..."Here we go again"

WilsonHog

I can sum up my thoughts in pretty much three words.

F*** Stan Heath.

RazorHawg16

we should have won this game last year at home and lose by one we should have won the game this year in their house and lose by two!!!  :puke: :puke: :puke: :razorback:

Boss Hogg

We like to see how big of a lead can be built and still pick up the L

HeathHateMe

Heath should have a post game call in show and have to face the wrath of the fans like a man.
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

bosshawg38

No excuse for that kind of crap. It doesn't take 4 years to get a basketball program back on track regardless of what condition it was left in. Heath has had opportunity after opportunity to right the ship, but we see the same heartbreak game after game after game. Sorry Stan, times up.

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on January 29, 2006, 02:12:47 pm
All right we shoulde have won this one everyone show your emotions here!
It's now offcially Hog baseball season.

HogginIT

I was really wanting Heath to succeed here at Arkansas. However, at this point, they shouldn't even let him come back from KY. It is time for a change.
Just wait until next Year!© Official slogan of Razorback football.

hogman64

Just hold on all we have to do is get back around to the games that  90% of the teams in D1 would win, like at Auburn and Ole Miss at home and  the wagon will be full of optimism again.... How much plainer can it be?  Heath is never going to cut it...............

pharm

Bring back NOLAN! I miss the CCOA Commercials.

BentonvilleJeff

Why are people surprised. We do this on the road. It doesn't matter how big a lead we get we will lose.

DOGALUM

Did everyone see Tubby jumping and yelling and screaming?  Emotion would be nice.

Ronnie Brewer and Dontell Jefferson cannot make a good descision under pressure. 

WHY THE FU** DOESN'T MCCURDY PLAY MORE???????

The "leaders" of this team have NO HEART!!!!!!!  That means Heath, Brewer, Jefferson.

Say what you want about Brewer, but he made a ton of bonehead plays today. 

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: HogginIT on January 29, 2006, 02:21:31 pm
I was really wanting Heath to succeed here at Arkansas. However, at this point, they shouldn't even let him come back from KY. It is time for a change.
If I sold Real Estate I'd be picking Stan up at XNA tonight.

Sonofahog

BAD COACHING CAUSES PLAYERS TO MAKE STUPID DECISIONS.  Ronnie wouldn't make the bonehead plays if he had a real coach.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Calling All Hogs

Torqued pork

Stan Heath is the consumate milquetoast. He didn't sound the least bit upset or down after the game. What a friggin stiff.

RzrbckMAJ

Go get Mike!!!, Go get Mike!!!

Time to get back to Hawgball!!!
"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."<br />-- General George S. Patton, Jr

RazorHawg16

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH Lord its easy to be humble When your an Arkansas Razorback Fan! :puke: :razorback:

cousineddie

Quote from: hogman64 on January 29, 2006, 02:22:04 pm
Just hold on all we have to do is get back around to the games that  90% of the teams in D1 would win, like at Auburn and Ole Miss at home and  the wagon will be full of optimism again.... How much plainer can it be?  Heath is never going to cut it...............

Nothing else should be said^^^^^^

hogfancb

It would have been different if the game went back and fourth all day but to have a 16 point lead 39-23 with 18:00 minutes play and lose is worse. 

soccermom

Trivia Question:
What happens when you play zone versus a 3 point shooting team/turn the ball over every possession/no heart/no point guard/no defensive rebounder/no leadership/outcoached versus every team?

Answer - You blow double digit leads every game.

I'm going to meet a real coach at the mall.  Go Dave Van Horn.

Wolverbacks
Omaha Bound Razorbacks!  The REAL deal on the Hill!

Hog in MO

Quick! Someone get ahold of Wally Hall and tell him to ask Stan how much it would take to buy him out during the press conference!  We lost our last coach in Lexington - I see no reason to break tradition now. 

What's it going to take for JFB to pull the rug out from under this experiment?  Heath cannot win with superior talent, how much more obvious could it be that he is not qualified to coach at this level. 

I'm really disappointed in Ronnie today - he should have put the team on his shoulders and taken over the game like he is capable of doing.  For some reason he just does not seem to be able to turn it on when we need him the most.  To me that's a sign of mental weakness - i.e. no killer instinct - Heath has infected the whole team with this disease but I hoped that Ronnie was the one guy able to shake that off and get the job done. 

I have to admit, I turned off the TV with 6 minutes left in the game today.  Call me whatever you will, I don't care - but this team is as predictable as the weather in San Diego. It makes no difference how good of a recruiter Stan is, he can't out-recruit his incompetence as a coach.   

RazorHawg16

sorry guys but when you have 18,000 plus at every home game then they are not going to do any firing!

Hog in MO

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on January 29, 2006, 02:47:55 pm
sorry guys but when you have 18,000 plus at every home game then they are not going to do any firing!

Let's see how many show up Saturday for USC.  I'm taking the under on that 18K.  BTW, anybody need tickets?

ballhog™

The frustrating thing is we don't have to suck.  We look so good at times, but then...
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

RazorHawg16

first seventeen minutes were GREAT! last 17 minutes were TERRIBLE!!!

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: pharm on January 29, 2006, 02:22:47 pm
Bring back NOLAN! I miss the CCOA Commercials.
Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on January 29, 2006, 02:35:09 pm
Stan Heath is the consumate milquetoast. He didn't sound the least bit upset or down after the game. What a friggin stiff.
Milquetoast? are you trying to get banned for life man?
There are people on here from  Lincoln, Prairie Grove,Green Forest,(and like me) Farmington...please dumb it down.

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: HeathHateMe on January 29, 2006, 02:19:54 pm
Heath should have a post game call in show and have to face the wrath of the fans like a man.
If he did,an hour worth of bleeped cusses would be funny once maybe twice,but then we'd be sick of it.

merccedes

Quote from: stillahog on January 29, 2006, 02:26:37 pm
BAD COACHING CAUSES PLAYERS TO MAKE STUPID DECISIONS.  Ronnie wouldn't make the bonehead plays if he had a real coach.
I am as sick and tired of losing as anybody but this statement is ludicrous, no matter who the coach is when you make poor decisions, ie. charge in a 4 on 1 situation, bounce pass when he should have thru the lob, shot after penetration when he should have passed cannot be blamed on the coach. We should be wondering why we played so much zone in the second half, why we didn't play more of a half court game where we could use our size advantage, the continual up tempo for this game was a very bad choice.

BodcawHawg

-No Leadership on the floor
-No Rebounds
-No shots inside
-Modica non-existent
-Jefferson Offensive Liability
-Zone defense?
-Beat by bald white guy-Sparks
-McCurdy?
-Thomas?
-Townes on the Road LOL
-Heath couldn't get mad if I p*ssed in his shoes
-Brewer better figure on coming back next year
-What else?
I read more and post less.

PIGOPOTTIEMUS

Na na na na
Na na na na
Hey hey hey
Goodbye

Na na na na
Na na na na
Hey hey hey
Goodbye.....................WE AINT GOIN MISS YA!!!!!!

mountainhog

we played the same the whole game ,, we looked good the first half because kentucky wasnt playing worth a shiite,  they just turned it up a notch after getting their arse chewed on by tubby.  We played with the same intensity,( Not much) as the first half except kentucky actually played defense the 2nd half .

SardisHog

much talent to give up an eighteen point lead. All the hieght in the world can't do you a damn bit of good without teaching. Get him gone!!
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

Hogs4Ever

A decent coach would not allow a team to blow a 16 point lead like that.  A decent coach would call timeouts, draw up plays, make defensive changes, player changes, whatever is needed to hang on. 

Heath can't win in the SEC.  Four years is enough.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: Pig in a Poke on January 29, 2006, 02:25:48 pm
Quote from: HogginIT on January 29, 2006, 02:21:31 pm
If I sold Real Estate I'd be picking Stan up at XNA tonight.

I do, what time does he arrive.  Give him my number
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

jacklambert

why would anyone pay to watch the razorbacks play basketball? its a shame the track team doesn't get this kind of attention

HogsFan66

I am in no way saying not to fire SH. However, would a good coach let the lead get to 18 at home? So now TS must suck as well. I watch A LOT of cb, and not just the Hogs. This stuff happens almost EVERY game. One team gets a big lead and then the other one comes back....it happens all the time. It isn't all SH. Every good coach has it happen to them. The players have to play the game and they have to want it more.

Soemone said earlier that a good coach would not let RB make that bone head play. What is your solution? Chew some butt....sit him a while? Sit the best player on the team? The one person who could possibly get you back in the darn game? Not a smart move. We have lost 4 games by a grand total of 12 points! I think it is a mental problem these kids are going to have to work through and no coach in the world can fix it....only the players can step up, hit the shots, stop making stupid mistakes in critical times and win some stinking ball games.

I could care less if they fire SH or not. Hek, part of me wishes they would just so someone else could come in and have the same results. Of course everyone would just say....oh its ok he is better than SH...he needs time to install his system. The players need to get over this mental hump of not being able to win big games or win on the road, or whatever the hek it is. The PLAYERS need to step it up, hit thier shots and stop letting players dribble past them for easy lay ups or easy passes to a wide open player for an easy dunk. SH can't yell at and sit every player that screws up or we would have all the scrubs out there playing 20 minutes a game. The players play the game. You ar taught from day one of high school ball to ALWAYS watch for the back door pass on an inbound play.......yet Kentucky got one during a critical time of the game. Was that SH fault? I am sure he reminded them to watch for it, but even if he didn't they should have known...that is basketball 101 for peets sake. Guess he should have called a time-out and benched all 5 of them and went with another 5. Well, no because then he would have been criticized for not putting the best players on the floor.

I agree that SM needs more playing time, but how in the world would ANY good coach play a FR in a big time away game over the SEC leader in assists? Don't get me wrong, I do not like DJ and never have, but he isn't playing bad enough to bench. That is obvious by his assist and turn-over numbers.

I think a lot of people are angry and tired of losing, so firing the coach is the obvious answer. However, I remember Longhorn fans calling for Mack Browns' head just last year. I'm sure they are all big fans of his now!
We all wanted NR fired too and that worked out real well huh? I for one think SH will have us where we want to be either next year or the next. Hire a new coach and it will take the same amount of time to get his system in place and recruit the right players for his system and so forth.

Razorbrett

HogFan66,

You make some valid points.  But looking at the overall picture, I think we are a better team than four of the six teams that beat us.  Maybe even five.  We have Ronnie Brewer who is probably one of the top five players in the country.  Modica and Ferguson have stepped it up as seniors.  By your own words, the SEC assists leader in Dontell.  Steven Hill has been a shot-blocking machine.  Towns has came into his own.  Thomas has much exceded my best expectations.  This should be enough to win big.  The only reason it's not happening is because the coach can't put it all together.  If we had a coach that could make adjustments and anticipate what other coaches are thinking, not only would this be a tournament team but they could go deep into the tournament.

HogsFan66

It is true about RB, but I expected more from Modica this year. Also, Hill is a machine when it comes to shot blocking, but his offense still stinks for a 7 footer. I expected  a little more his So year. As for Townes, I don't think he has developed as much as I expected. He had a really good FR year but has really only matched that...not shown good improvement on though. Fergeson is slightly better and Jefferson is slighly better.  Neither one is still in the tops of the SEC as far as well rounded Guards. One shoots well, the other is a great assist man....not well rounded by no means. I do agree on Tomas. I never really liked the guy, but he is playing good ball so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

All I am saying is that the coach can only do so much....the rest is up to the guys who are on the court. No one in NC was calling Coach K an idiot when Duke lost last week, even though they had the better team and should have won. I am sure no one was calling Coach Smith an idiot after Kentucky lost the first two SEC games at home and have lost 6 games overall, whcih is high for a Kentcuky team at this point in the season. We have lost 4 games by 12 points. That hurts there is no doubt. I just really don't see where SH is screwing up that bad. I just see a lot of mistakes down the stretch in crucial situations. The players are making those, not SH. He can't bench them all when they screw up, he can only chew some butt and I have seen him try and do that but then the guy out and makes another bone head play or lets someone drive by him. Again, not SH fault. I am not convinced that these guys want it as bad as we want it, or as bad as the coach wants it. Say what you will, he wants to win as much as we want to win.....after all, it is his job and reputation as a coach that is on the line....not yours or mine. I am sure he wants to win every bit as much as we do. Do the players though? Maybe...maybe not but they need to get over this road curse or whatever you want to call it.

Flatfoot

Heath has no emotions, no heart, no talent, and the personality of a brick.  Lets find someone who has the fire to bring this program to the next level. 

FIRE STAN HEATH!
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Porky OLeary

Quote from: Hog in MO on January 29, 2006, 02:46:28 pm
It makes no difference how good of a recruiter Stan is, he can't out-recruit his incompetence as a coach.   

Post of the year.

Razorback0918

Man yall lighten up. We're still alright we'll beat USC at home this saturday and we all be happy again. Our next five wins will be the next four home games and one win on the road against georgia or ole miss. They're a good team but we're not together as a team. Next year i think they'll finally know how to close games. 20 wins is good enough for me and it'll be good enough for Heath to keep his job since its more wins than last year. Next year if Brewer will be a senior Heath will be coaching his fifth year. Townes, Hill, Thomas will be better. McCurdy needs experience this year though so he could be our true point guard. But, i just expect us to win 20 games this year.. thats good enough for me

Flatfoot

Quote from: Razorback0918 on January 29, 2006, 07:33:23 pm
Man yall lighten up. We're still alright we'll beat USC at home this saturday and we all be happy again. Our next five wins will be the next four home games and one win on the road against georgia or ole miss. They're a good team but we're not together as a team. Next year i think they'll finally know how to close games. 20 wins is good enough for me and it'll be good enough for Heath to keep his job since its more wins than last year. Next year if Brewer will be a senior Heath will be coaching his fifth year. Townes, Hill, Thomas will be better. McCurdy needs experience this year though so he could be our true point guard. But, i just expect us to win 20 games this year.. thats good enough for me

You sure are easy to please.  Stan is that you.  If I lost a game the way we did today.  I would be in the ICU unit for heart failure.  Because that was the reason we lost the game.  NO HEART!
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

boarhog12

I for 1 was willing to give Heath 5 years to rebuild, but I see no improvement in the play of the guys that have been here 3+ years. Ferguson & Modica still make freshmen mistakes, Brewer looks like an all-american one trip down the floor & a jv player the next. Sorry Stan but Mike Anderson rebuilt in 1 year ay UAB time for you to go.