Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JJ lit it up in Chicago

Started by Duffer, January 28, 2006, 09:56:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffer

Finished with 40 points.

But Chicago won 111-99.

I'm still bothered by JJ going to Atlanta.  It's debatable what the right choice would be if a player (in JJ's case) could decide that he'd be guaranteed to score 20+ points per game for a bad team (Atlanta) or contribute for a championship contender (Phoenix).  Typically younger players choose the former and older players choose the later.  I'm inclined to believe that a player should always choose the latter (ala Robert Horry) and rack up the rings.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Duffer on January 28, 2006, 09:56:06 pm
Finished with 40 points.

But Chicago won 111-99.

I'm still bothered by JJ going to Atlanta.  It's debatable what the right choice would be if a player (in JJ's case) could decide that he'd be guaranteed to score 20+ points per game for a bad team (Atlanta) or contribute for a championship contender (Phoenix).  Typically younger players choose the former and older players choose the later.  I'm inclined to believe that a player should always choose the latter (ala Robert Horry) and rack up the rings.

I was really hoping Dallas would get him.  I am a big Mavs fan, and they are really coming around.  He would have been a great addition here.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Duffer

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 28, 2006, 09:58:17 pm
I was really hoping Dallas would get him.  I am a big Mavs fan, and they are really coming around.  He would have been a great addition here.

Mav fan as well... but JJ would have been a role player in Dallas.  He would've stayed at Phoenix instead. 

JJ wanted to be the main man.  The Hawks guaranteed him to be their first option on offense when they signed him.  I'd guess so after he got 40 of the Hawks 99 tonight.

RAZ FAN

I feel he is building up his stock, and eventually will leave Atlanta for another team. I would love to see him come to Memphis.

spahoopsfan

phoenix did not treat jj right. They were trying to undercut his pay. I don't like that i don't get to see him on the tube. First time this year was last night, but he is a great player and I also believe that either atlanta will get better over the next few years or he goes to another team. He is young so he has time. Remember the Bulls were terrible when Jordan came and were like that for several years. Phoenix didn't have enough basketballs. Johnson wasn't the best razorback, but I still say he is the best player, or will be, that ever played at Arkansas.

BigPapaHawg

Glad to hear he is doing so well!
WOO PIG

Kevin

should have stayed in phoenix.  when you are talking about the difference between 50 mil and 60 mil that is not like 20 thousand to 30 thousand
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

WindyCityHog

I would love to see JJ in Chicago....that would give me a reason to start liking the NBA again.

Pargo doesn't play enough for me to feel that way...