Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Best Thing About Being A Razorback Fan....

Started by SAUhogfan, January 27, 2006, 10:59:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SAUhogfan

is that we are not only fans of just some "team", but really a tight-knit bunch.  Easily seen by the stickied threads above.  God it's good to be a Hog fan.

Reaganite

Of course!  The Hogs are our NFL, NBA, and MLB team for the whole state.

jforte

Is just being that...a razorback fan.  Born and Bred...out in the middle of nowhere...fightin every team in the state of texas...and now...TAKING ON THE EASTERN UNITED STATES....GO HOGS GO!

Thanks, I feel better now.......

Reaganite

silvertip

There's something special about being a Razorback. The perpetual underdog. Usually outmanned, but not outfought. And the pleasure of steadily beating the media darlings.

It's strange. Go and look at other schools fan boards. Compared to the Hawg boards, they are dull-witted & humorless. Somethin' special goin on in them hilis, and it's not really one of them "thinkin' things." You just gotta love it. It defies analysis. I know---I've been in "analysis" several times & it didn't help. Once you got it, there's no cure. Which is good. WPS!! & AMEN 

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I would just like to take the opportunity to use this "feel-good" thread to say we really should fire The Houston Nutt.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

RebelHawg

There are so many Tigers, Lions, or whatever you can think of, but there is only one RAZORBACK!

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 28, 2006, 01:24:50 am
I would just like to take the opportunity to use this "feel-good" thread to say we really should fire The Houston Nutt.

Foots

The best thing about being a Hog fan is not being an ASU fan.

Hawgin84

Quote from: RebelHawg on January 28, 2006, 02:53:35 am
There are so many Tigers, Lions, or whatever you can think of, but there is only one RAZORBACK!

I agree. Having a unique mascot leaves no doubt when one is having a conversation and mentions the Razorbacks, or even the Hogs, what team one is talking about. When I travel out of state, I can be getting gas, for instance, and someone I've never seen before from whatever state I'm in will invariably ask me about the Razorbacks by simply seeing my Arkansas license plate. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

johnny cash

It takes a special type of person to be a Hog fan outsiders just don't understand.

brooks74

My favorite thing is being at BW arena and hearing 20,000+ or at RRS hearing 70,000+ be so loud you can't talk to your neighbor and hearing all those people call the Hogs!!  WPS

silvertip

Quote from: Hawgin84 on January 28, 2006, 07:48:33 am
Quote from: RebelHawg on January 28, 2006, 02:53:35 am

I agree. Having a unique mascot leaves no doubt when one is having a conversation and mentions the Razorbacks, or even the Hogs, what team one is talking about. When I travel out of state, I can be getting gas, for instance, and someone I've never seen before from whatever state I'm in will invariably ask me about the Razorbacks by simply seeing my Arkansas license plate. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Well, Hawgin84, I just hope you're not passing that gas in front of those strangers. Us Arkies have a bit of an image problem as it is. WPS!!

silvertip

Well, a cheerful good morning and a well-deserved SMITE for buzzkillers John Wesley Hardin, notshavin', and Uncle Ivan. In fact, one of you guys have a 2nd smite coming in an hour or so. SMITE me back, guys. My karma's getting way to soft.

SAUhogfan

Speaking of karma, I think I've learned my lesson on trashing the Cardinals on here.  I'll save that for the Astros board.  Go Hogs!

clew

Pure as the dawn

NATEHOGG216

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IT SURE IS GOOD TO BE A HOG
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Quote from: silvertip on January 28, 2006, 10:15:47 am
Well, a cheerful good morning and a well-deserved SMITE for buzzkillers John Wesley Hardin, notshavin', and Uncle Ivan. In fact, one of you guys have a 2nd smite coming in an hour or so. SMITE me back, guys. My karma's getting way to soft.

Silver, I only smite you when you talk about our PG.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

THROWITDEEP

January 28, 2006, 03:34:28 pm #18 Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 03:36:50 pm by THROWITDEEP
The best thing about being a hog fan is having something to talk with my father about.  We have not always gotten along very well in the past, but we can always talk about Razorback football.  I was 5 years old and watched the 78 Orange Bowl with him and still remember bits and pieces.  Since then, we have gone together to nearly all home games.  My dad and I may not understand each other very well, but we sure can talk about that 81' Texas game or that wild Houston game in the Rock or that Jones pass to Birmingham to beat LSU or how we were both literally sick in Atlanta but went to the game at the Georgia Dome anyway.  We can talk about those things because we shared those moments together.  To me, this is the best thing about being a Razorback fan.

Roadrunner

You can wear red and white with more things like black, khaki, blue, for instance.
Just think, if we had clemson's colors (purple/orange), we'd be screwed!   :D
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Quote from: THROWITDEEP on January 28, 2006, 03:34:28 pm
The best thing about being a hog fan is having something to talk with my father about.  We have not always gotten along very well in the past, but we can always talk about Razorback football.  I was 5 years old and watched the 78 Orange Bowl with him and still remember bits and pieces.  Since then, we have gone together to nearly all home games.  My dad and I may not understand each other very well, but we sure can talk about that 81' Texas game or that wild Houston game in the Rock or that Jones pass to Birmingham to beat LSU or how we were both literally sick in Atlanta but went to the game at the Georgia Dome anyway.  We can talk about those things because we shared those moments together.  To me, this is the best thing about being a Razorback fan.

Now THIS post shows the true beauty of sports and the Hogs in particular.  Right on THROWITDEEP.

silvertip

Quote from: brooks74 on January 28, 2006, 09:50:49 am
My favorite thing is being at BW arena and hearing 20,000+ or at RRS hearing 70,000+ be so loud you can't talk to your neighbor and hearing all those people call the Hogs!!  WPS

You captured it there, Brooks. My best games were at the
Rock, WMS. I lived only about 6 blocks away. Ease on down there with a pint in my boot---stagger on back home.

My best game? It was against Baylor in 19(who knows?) It was a shootout to the end. Something like 41-38 and I will never remember who the hell was our QB.

NCGatorBait

THROWITDEEP

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on January 28, 2006, 08:19:03 pm
Quote from: THROWITDEEP on January 28, 2006, 03:34:28 pm

Now THIS post shows the true beauty of sports and the Hogs in particular.  Right on THROWITDEEP.

Thanks!

WilsonHog

Not having to worry about spending money on SEC Tournament books and NCAA Tournament trips.

That was a annual expenditure for a long while, but thankfully I can now stick that money in the bank.