Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who else has no interest in the Ole Miss game?

Started by Michael_E_Davis, October 25, 2017, 08:37:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

For the first time (At least that I can remember for me)  I have no interest in even watching the Ole Miss game.  I am sure we will lose,  but even if we do win,  I really don't care that much. The season is done.  I am just looking  ahead to our new coach and next season.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

hogsgolfpro

We lose by less than 21...maybe....moral victory

jgphillips3

I have no interest in watching it.  I only have interest in the outcome.  This is the one, the only even, remaining SEC game that sets up favorably for us to win.  If we lose this one, it's all over.  LSU and MSU would be losses 7 and 8 leaving us at 3-8 headed into the Mizzou game with the handwriting all over the wall. 

davglo35

Every year I'm on vacation ole piss week and I always drive home to watch it on dvr after the evening hunt. Not this yr. Ill go to the Hermit in  Hermitage and eat a steak.

The OTR

I do. I got scolded, mostly by mods so it doesn't really count in my book (kind of like when you were a kid and your cranky old aunt scolds you for something just because she's cranky and thinks that's what she's supposed to do), for saying I was boycotting watching the game last week.

Good be up early fixing a big mess of home made pimento cheese for this one. 

swineology

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 25, 2017, 08:37:41 pm
For the first time (At least that I can remember for me)  I have no interest in even watching the Ole Miss game.  I am sure we will lose,  but even if we do win,  I really don't care that much. The season is done.  I am just looking  ahead to our new coach and next season.

Will be in the Grove at 8 am

Go grovel elsewhere Mike!

Hawgphat

Well, - - - it's either this game at 11 AM Saturday or another rerun of "Walker, Texas Ranger".

:-\

PharmacistHog

Quote from: davglo35 on October 25, 2017, 09:08:39 pm
Every year I'm on vacation ole piss week and I always drive home to watch it on dvr after the evening hunt. Not this yr. Ill go to the Hermit in  Hermitage and eat a steak.

Damn. Im bound to know you.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

GunnerHawg70

I'm watching and still will root for dem Hogs!!! WooPig!!! Ride or die!!!🐗

kaki

while not criticizing the way you feel, why is it necessary to seek kindred spirits?  If I felt that way, it would not matter if others concur.  I would hope to not need the validation from others or the need to pour more gasoline on a three alarm fire.

The Hawg Marshal

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Quickdraw

This is like watching one of those movies that suck so bad you have to watch just to see how bad it really is.

sowmonella

Then why are you starting a freaking thread about it?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: sowmonella on October 25, 2017, 10:21:05 pm

Why are you posting on a thread about it?
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

jgphillips3

Because, HOGVILLE is at its best when we can commiserate in our misery with each other until our Long, national nightmare is at an end.

SoonerSooie

Not sure I will be watching. I have a 1969 Mach 1, 428 CobraJet in my garage that I am restoring and right now, it is waaaay more interesting!!

Ohio Hog

Hoggie17

I have Sling, didn't get the ESPN package this fall, I knew what was coming. I will turn the ESPN package on first week of Jan. and not turn it off until baseball season is  over.

If CBB is here next year, not even going check the scores.  I am way past being through with CBB.

smb

Most will watched but won't be impressed either way.
GeorgiaHOG

HogFan219

I live in Memphis (Bartlett), and we bought tickets for the game in August. My wife's brother and his family are driving over tomorrow. We decided yesterday to not go to the game and watch it at the house instead. Save money on gas, food and babysitter for the toddlers. If there was a reasonable chance the Hogs could win then it would be different.

I'm throwing a couple of pork shoulders and 3 slabs of ribs into the smoker instead and watching the game on TV.

East Clintwood

Because somebody had to do it and it might as well be him.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Redhogs

I have not watched the last 3 games, but I will watch Sat. to see which team is the worst in the SEC...seriously.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

missippihog

I have free tickets and it's an hour drive. Still not going. There's gonna be better high school football played here Friday night.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: davglo35 on October 25, 2017, 09:08:39 pm

If you want a good breakfast while you're so close, drive over Warren and order the ham and eggs at Molly's.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Bacons Rebellion

I wasn't looking forward to the Auburn game, but I think the Ole Miss game will be very interesting. Two second team quarterbacks going against each other itself is interesting.

It could be a close and exciting game. Even if we get blown out, it will be interesting to see how this team reacts and exactly how we collapse, and what phase of the game it is we collapse in.

SemperHawg

SemperHawg will be in attendance... Hopefully the *ahem* talent in the Grove makes it worth the trip.

007 License To Squeal

Shame on you!  What would new recruits think if they read this forum...

and Bret, Bert, and Brett would all be disappointed in you.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hoggie17

Quote from: Redhogs on October 26, 2017, 07:21:44 am
I have not watched the last 3 games, but I will watch Sat. to see which team is the worst in the SEC...seriously.
Here is my pick for 3 worst teams in the SEC. Ark, TN and Vandy. 

LZH

Quote from: Hawgphat on October 25, 2017, 09:16:18 pm
Well, - - - it's either this game at 11 AM Saturday or another rerun of "Walker, Texas Ranger".

:-\

Me and Trivette are going to CD's to watch the game. Cordell and his blonde attorney chick are going to some kickboxing deal in San Antonio.

cal34

Might dvr it.  It's gonna be a perfect morning to be out in the bush.  The deer are on the move!

longtimeHogfan

Mrs. Longtime and I will start out watching.  Still holding out hope for a good finish to the season.  If necessary there's Miami/North Carolina, Oklahoma/West Virginia, Texas/Baylor on at the same time.   :(
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

cal34

Quote from: LZH on October 26, 2017, 07:56:00 am
Me and Trivette are going to CD's to watch the game. Cordell and his blonde attorney chick are going to some kickboxing deal in San Antonio.

Hopefully Alex doesn't get kidnapped or attacked til the game is over😁.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: swineology on October 25, 2017, 09:14:19 pm
Will be in the Grove at 8 am

Go grovel elsewhere Mike!

I will be in the Grove, too!  Early, because I can't wait.  Ole Miss won't win the game, but they always win the party.   ;D

Tweeter

I don't.......and i don't even feel guilty about it.

PorkRinds

Hell we finally have a chance. I'm all about this game.

rupert

hawganatic

This is a game between two bad teams.  Like watching two 1st graders in their first playground fight.  Both are scared and neither know how to throw a punch so they just start swinging.  The one that manages to connect wins. 

Doesn't mean the kid knows how to fight or throw a punch, but he still feels like he won something after the fact.

hogcard1964

Yea, I don't care.  ...and the Hogs will probably win this game.

3kgthog

It's going to be South Carolina all over again. I doubt I can turn away from the train wreck, though. It'll be interesting to see which 4-5 players keep fighting.

Wisco Pig

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Redhogs on October 26, 2017, 07:21:44 am

You enjoy trolling anyone who supports the coach and is optimistic about a win but you havent even been watching the games...  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, everyone gets busy, but maybe its for the best...

fdx flyer

I live about an hour from  Oxford.  Both of my kids go to Ole Miss.  I had free tickets and we decided not to go.  Halloween party the night before.  It's supposed to rain Friday.  Chilly, muddy grove + early game + crappy product on the field = no thanks.   I'll probably watch from home unless something better comes up.  I'm done getting frustrated with Bielema's team. 

For the ones getting excited about partying in the Grove: Out of the five Ole Miss families that we share a tent with, I think maybe one family is going this week.  My kids are both saying they probably won't go - and I'm talking the grove, not the game.  The 11 o'clock games aren't the best grove games to begin with.  Throw in an awful team with no Shea Patterson and I think you have the recipe for a less than stellar grove experience.  I'm sure you'll still have a good time, but don't expect the standard level of grove excellence.

Jimmy

I will watch, root for the Hogs, and hope for the best.  BUT.....my expectations are zero. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 26, 2017, 06:23:35 am
I have Sling, didn't get the ESPN package this fall, I knew what was coming. I will turn the ESPN package on first week of Jan. and not turn it off until baseball season is  over.

If CBB is here next year, not even going check the scores.  I am way past being through with CBB.
i got dem links
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

elksnort

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 25, 2017, 09:31:28 pm
I will watch it. It's just what I do.
same here. But if we lose and I believe we will it will not hurt at all.

BearsBisonsBoars

I have a monthly guys board game day this Saturday. This is the first time since 2012 that we haven't scheduled it around the Hogs game.

Kevin

I will be travelling to Ireland, and will be watching on my phone at the airport. the hogs are playing I am watching.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

elksnort

Quote from: hawganatic on October 26, 2017, 08:12:15 am
This is a game between two bad teams.  Like watching two 1st graders in their first playground fight.  Both are scared and neither know how to throw a punch so they just start swinging.  The one that manages to connect wins. 

Doesn't mean the kid knows how to fight or throw a punch, but he still feels like he won something after the fact.
great analogy