Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Out of Gas

Started by ArkansasI, March 10, 2018, 03:20:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

This was 3rd game in 3 days loss, losing double bye killed us, if we had been playing an MSU, Mizzou or even Bama coming in it could have been different, but Tenner is too good to overcome the tiredness, Hogs played fairly level the last 25 minutes, but the defense early on was just slow! You can't let shooters find there rhythm with open looks early, if you do everything they throw up starts going in. Our guys get it just like others do, some nights Macon or Barford get going early and they can't be stopped. Tennessee played well, Arkansas played ok most of the game, However our lottery pick had a January game, I think he was affected more than anyone, which is understandable to a point. A lot of the early breakdowns on defense were his lack of a spark, and he had moment after moment today where he was just totally spectating.

alohawg

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 10, 2018, 09:36:03 pm
Were you born a total dummy or did you have to work at it?

Are you actually 12 yrs. old or do you just act like it online?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hobhog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 10, 2018, 10:02:11 pm
This was 3rd game in 3 days loss, losing double bye killed us, if we had been playing an MSU, Mizzou or even Bama coming in it could have been different, but Tenner is too good to overcome the tiredness, Hogs played fairly level the last 25 minutes, but the defense early on was just slow! You can't let shooters find there rhythm with open looks early, if you do everything they throw up starts going in. Our guys get it just like others do, some nights Macon or Barford get going early and they can't be stopped. Tennessee played well, Arkansas played ok most of the game, However our lottery pick had a January game, I think he was affected more than anyone, which is understandable to a point. A lot of the early breakdowns on defense were his lack of a spark, and he had moment after moment today where he was just totally spectating.

^^^^Readers digest version?^^^^

hogwood

It was very clear our guys were tired and not having fun. Only guy I thought did not look tired was Hall.

STLHogFan

Quote from: alohawg on March 10, 2018, 08:52:34 pm
Thus only an 18 pt. loss I guess, yeah? I'm sure if he didn't know what he's doing it would've really been bad.

Hey moron tenn shot like 75% in the first half with a days rest on our guys. You're an idiot.
BEVO - It's what's for dinner.

alohawg

Quote from: STLHogFan on March 10, 2018, 11:39:58 pm
Hey moron tenn shot like 75% in the first half with a days rest on our guys. You're an idiot.

Maybe comprehension isn't your strong point? One more time, the odds were in our favor that they could not sustain such a % and because our guys were at a disadvantage, not pressing and playing mostly zone in the 2nd half might have been a better strategy. We'll never know now.
Btw, you might wanna read the posting rules.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

STLHogFan

I was at the game.  The press was not on all the time and we played lots of zone defense.  We had weak legs and Tenn had hot shooters.  Get over yourself.
BEVO - It's what's for dinner.

alohawg

Quote from: STLHogFan on March 11, 2018, 01:11:59 am
I was at the game.  The press was not on all the time and we played lots of zone defense.  We had weak legs and Tenn had hot shooters.  Get over yourself.

As tired as they were, there shouldn't have been any pressing in a 3rd game game in as many days. Inevitably Tenn cooled off in the 2nd and yet Mike was still pressing more than not after made baskets, just not smart in the situation. I wasn't there, but it was on my tv in HD.
The other thing that made no sense, wearing Gafford out and seeing Cook abused by Williams while Thompson sat when the game was still in reach.
Now, try to reply without a personal jab, if you can, thanks.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

razorback1829

Quote from: alohawg on March 11, 2018, 03:02:12 am
As tired as they were, there shouldn't have been any pressing in a 3rd game game in as many days. Inevitably Tenn cooled off in the 2nd and yet Mike was still pressing more than not after made baskets, just not smart in the situation. I wasn't there, but it was on my tv in HD.
The other thing that made no sense, wearing Gafford out and seeing Cook abused by Williams while Thompson sat when the game was still in reach.
Now, try to reply without a personal jab, if you can, thanks.

CMA was trying to get his team engaged. They were non aggressive from the start and the press is a way to get them engaged, as it is a part of their everyday scheme. Sorry if you don't understand this bit of coaching. CMA knows how to get the best out of his players more than you do. No personal jab needed.

alohawg

Quote from: razorback1829 on March 11, 2018, 03:38:57 am
CMA was trying to get his team engaged. They were non aggressive from the start and the press is a way to get them engaged, as it is a part of their everyday scheme. Sorry if you don't understand this bit of coaching. CMA knows how to get the best out of his players more than you do. No personal jab needed.

Talked to him did ya'......not buying your theory, but I have one of my own, he's stubborn about his system and win or lose, he's gonna stick to it.
Worst part is this is not even a good pressing team. Enough of the fastest 40 stuff already. Just play a fundamental 40.

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Danny J

Quote from: hobhog on March 10, 2018, 09:58:43 pm
You make it sound like its just pushing buttons. CMA better not try to save anything for a game 2.
Slowing things down a tad at times going down the stretch seemed to work ok.

razorback1829

Quote from: alohawg on March 11, 2018, 03:54:22 am
Talked to him did ya'......not buying your theory, but I have one of my own, he's stubborn about his system and win or lose, he's gonna stick to it.
Worst part is this is not even a good pressing team. Enough of the fastest 40 stuff already. Just play a fundamental 40.

I trust him to know how to get the most out of his team much more than you do. Praise God you're nowhere near the program.

hobhog

Quote from: hawganatic on March 10, 2018, 04:08:47 pm
So what you're saying is the Missouri game last weekend really was an important game, despite what a lot of posters were claiming about it not being relevant.

Exactly. But we're just happy to be in the tournament so winning games doesnt matter.

hobhog

Quote from: hogwood on March 10, 2018, 11:01:57 pm
It was very clear our guys were tired and not having fun. Only guy I thought did not look tired was Hall.

The early hot shooting by Vols really took it out of us. Bad body language was apparent. Just bad day.

HoopS

March 12, 2018, 07:12:32 am #64 Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:43:34 am by HoopS
Quote from: alohawg on March 11, 2018, 03:54:22 am

the problem with the "stubborn" theory is if some really understand what defense we are using, they'd understand there were switches made that game and all games. Instead, I see people roll out the same complaints about pressing when they apparently can't even differentiate one defense from another. 

cram224

Quote from: STLHogFan on March 10, 2018, 11:39:58 pm
Hey moron Tenn shot like 75% in the first half with a days rest on our guys. You’re an idiot.
As open as their shooters were, it was like shooting free throws. So yes it was expected they would shoot a high percentage. Lets face it, Tenn just slapped us across the face. Talked about our mother and made us like it. We had no answers.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: cram224 on March 12, 2018, 09:20:21 am
As open as their shooters were, it was like shooting free throws. So yes it was expected they would shoot a high percentage. Lets face it, Tenn just slapped us across the face. Talked about our mother and made us like it. We had no answers.
are you kidding me? There was a point in the game where Barford threw his hand up after the dude made a turn around jumper with two guys in his face
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"