Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Block in the Rock Game

Started by DeltaBoy, October 04, 2017, 08:47:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

October 04, 2017, 08:47:10 am Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:22:34 am by DeltaBoy
Hogs block a FG to beat Lou and the Cocks.

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogcard1964

DeltaBoy

Wish our D looked that aggressive and FAST!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

More memories.

jgphillips3

I was there behind the right upright with my brother in law when that happened.  Great game.

DeltaBoy

247Hog

Crowd is into the game....love it.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Rocket23

Marianna's Carlos Hall with the block.

HF#1

McFadden's 321 yard performance against them is my favorite.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Rocket23 on October 04, 2017, 09:53:14 am
Marianna's Carlos Hall with the block.

Hard to believe the town gotten so small it 3A now. He was a STUD!

phadedhawg

I was listening to the game on the internet in Army barracks at Ft Lewis, Washington.  I went crazy when we made the block. 

DeltaBoy

I hope we have another great memory  with beating the Cocks this weekend.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 04, 2017, 09:14:14 am

More memories.

That was fun too, Delta! 2003...a Thursday night game with Herbie doing color.

Also, big Jason Peters back when he was a tight end. And our running game looked good, Birmingham, etc. I was kinda disappointed Matt didn't reel off one of his long signature runs, but he was throwing it all over the yard. Our D looked sharp too. Maybe Rhoads should show this clip to our current D.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

DeltaBoy

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 04, 2017, 08:47:10 am
Hogs block a FG to beat Lou and the Cocks.

I always called this one "The Cock Block"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

swineology

Great game, I was there!
Miracle on Markham was a better game

theFlyingHog

That was a fun game to be at. He kicked it and I couldn't find the ball then saw our players celebrating

DeltaBoy

We had some great memories beating USCe.

DeltaBoy

Here is one by request vs Ole Kentucky .

Grag T

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 04, 2017, 01:41:25 pm
I hope we have another great memory with beating the Cocks this weekend.

Not sure how to interpret this one
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Grag T on October 05, 2017, 09:59:48 am

Not sure how to interpret this one
All of my Cock's beating memories are great.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Tusks

I miss a DC like John Thompson.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

MTBrookHog

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 04, 2017, 08:41:16 pm
That was a fun game to be at. He kicked it and I couldn't find the ball then saw our players celebrating
This was me also. Hearing the "thud" when Carlos blocked it was music to the ears!

pigture perfect

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 04, 2017, 11:42:55 am
Hard to believe the town gotten so small it 3A now. He was a STUD!
It is actually Lee County High school. It's not just the town but the county. I think everybody has moved to Forrest City or West Memphis. I lived there when Dennis Dirt Winston was playing and they were the Marianna Porcupines.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: tusked on October 05, 2017, 11:51:42 am
I miss a DC like John Thompson.

He's available. Of course BB probably wouldn't be interested.

birmingHAMette

The look on Lou's face is priceless.
Go Hogs

Trottsky

Me and my boy had a great view from our choice seats on the 10 yd line West End Zone. Great view of Lou's reaction with the binocs.

Hogs-n-Roses

I am actually in that pic. If you look at the first video on this thread,I am the guy in the white shirt that gets blocked by the goal post. Whined bout getting those seats that year and on that play had the best view in the house.

BigoBoys

AH
Back when:
Had a defense
A kicker
And the crowd was loud in WMS

bphi11ips

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 05, 2017, 08:39:43 am

I think there were 250,000 people at that game.

;)
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

rzrbk4life

Great game. Thanks for the video delta
Let's call those hogs!!!!

hoglady

I was there - I remember.
Great game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 05, 2017, 08:39:43 am

Yeah, This is "THAT" game Leach was speaking of. It was one of my first Arkansas games as an adult...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.