Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible OU/Ark game in 2020?

Started by ricepig, May 16, 2016, 04:04:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

26.2Hog

That email was sent nearly two years ago.  Does anyone know if there is mutual interest for a game?

Murr

That would be a good game.  Even better if it were a conference game by then.

ricepig

Quote from: 26.2Hog on May 16, 2016, 04:13:05 pm
That email was sent nearly two years ago.  Does anyone know if there is mutual interest for a game?

Yep, it was. We were rumored to be interested in playing Baylor in such a game, but they've scheduled OM in 2020.

RyeHogFan

I would love to play OU in Reliant Stadium or even in a home-and-home series.  I'd gladly travel either way.  It would be a good regional matchup.

RyeHogFan

Quote from: 26.2Hog on May 16, 2016, 04:13:05 pm

Is it funny to anyone else that Jeff Long signed his email as "JLo"?

SemperHawg

Quote from: RyeHogFan on May 16, 2016, 04:19:49 pm
I was just thinking that we were burying the lead here...JLo thats pretty funny.

Also I really would love for this to happen.

onebadrubi

A few things that email tells us...

-Jeff Long conducts business just like your normal business man, he is putting out a feeler to see if he can make a "deal" being the game.  I have seeen a few on here at times as or wonder how games like are started, well that email says it literally is out of the blue.

-Jeff Long obviously is known in the AD circles and JLo, which is comical but in the world of stress and millions and millions of dollars they have a sense of humor at times.

-Jeff Long and Jerry Jones are obviously together in many things.  Jeff is asking the OU AD if he is going to use Jerry's company (Legends) to sell seats?  That can't be a cheap contract.  I guarantee you Jerry and Jeff had a good conversation with dollar signs about that email, or promises for future monetary benefits. 

King Kong

That's not funny it's weird

flagstaffhog

I work with a bunch of boomers and would love to play them occasionally if not more often than not. I think tickets would be at a premium for that game...

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

WizardofhOgZ

Jeff from the Block?

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: King Kong on May 16, 2016, 04:32:18 pm
That's not funny it's weird
Weird and funny are not mutually exclusive.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2016, 04:16:16 pm
Yep, it was. We were rumored to be interested in playing Baylor in such a game, but they've scheduled OM in 2020.

Yes, and that game is in Houston in 2020 - which means the venue is booked for that year.  Wonder why the OU beat writer dredged up something that's 2 years old . . . unless there's a new spin on it, which is far from clear in his tweet.  Really more confusing than anything else.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on May 16, 2016, 04:51:40 pm
Yes, and that game is in Houston in 2020 - which means the venue is booked for that year.  Wonder why the OU beat writer dredged up something that's 2 years old . . . unless there's a new spin on it, which is far from clear in his tweet.  Really more confusing than anything else.

It's a slow period.  They probably FOIA'd a bunch of stuff on unrelated matters found this and thought it was interesting.  It's really as some already mentioned just a peek behind the curtain on how AD's conduct business and work things out.

It's not weird that Long signed it JLo.  He has a pretty good sense of humor.  Also it could be an inside joke between him and the AD.  It's not part of his actual sig line so he just added it. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hawgmasta

I've been calling him JLo for years.  Jeff used to have a little, now he has a lot.

Torqued pork

How long is the contract to play A&M at Jerry World? Two regular season games at neutral sites would seem unusual. Is this a hint the Hogs are out of LR by 2020?

Jborohog09

Quote from: Torqued pork on May 17, 2016, 12:04:58 pm
How long is the contract to play A&M at Jerry World? Two regular season games at neutral sites would seem unusual. Is this a hint the Hogs are out of LR by 2020?

I think 2024 is the last contracted year at Jerry World and as of now 2018 is the last year the Hogs are scheduled to play at WMS. 

Florida is scheduled to have a couple of years with two neutral site games.  Obviously they play UGA every year at Jacksonville, but are also going to play Michigan in Dallas in 2017 and Miami 2019.  UGA also is playing UNC in Atlanta this year so they're doing two neutral games this year, too.

Hogtimes

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on May 16, 2016, 04:51:40 pm

Who is the OU beat writer you speak of....and who is  Vardeman

bphi11ips

Yes.  January 13, 2020.  Mercedes-Benz Superdome.  Be there.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Pig in the Pokey

Such a misleading title. Those cowards said, "no thanks".
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Torqued pork on May 17, 2016, 12:04:58 pm
yep, i think it is actually.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli