Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Outdoor Championships

Started by JIHawg, May 14, 2016, 10:12:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

Women blow away the field, men win too.  We have great track coaches.  Now to nationals.

ICEman

Scoring at nationals is always a tough row to hoe. For the men, points should come from Lawson (LJ & 100 & 200 - 16 possible), Cotton (100 m - 2 possible), Pullen (Triple - 10 possible), Orange (800 m - 2 possible), Bruce ( 1500 m - 2 possible), Wallace & Tonui (Steeple 7 total), Gonzalez (10,000 m - 2 total), Team (4 x 100 - 4 total). If a long jumper, high jumper, hurdler, sprinter, or distance runner can sneak into a final here or there we could nudge 50 points. This total is potentially 15 to 20 points shy of that needed for a national title. The women's race is a bit easier to define. They have multiple high profile athletes capable of scoring big points. Ellis-Watson, Scott-Efurd, and T. Weeks alone could score north of 30 points. Down 'ballot' athletes could match or exceed that total. The women should be in contention for their first ever outdoor championship.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

1highhog

Quote from: JIHawg on May 14, 2016, 10:12:48 pm
Women blow away the field, men win too.  We have great track coaches.  Now to nationals.

Congratulations to the Women and the Men on winning the SEC Outdoor Championships, I love to see that we're back to our winning ways on the Men's team and now it gets even better seeing the women there as well.  Now let's win Nationals. WPS!

rjm1940

It is great to see Arkansas where the Hogs  belong--at the top of the SEC standings.  Thank you Track and Field Coaches and Athletes.

26.2Hog

It might be time to put this back on the front of my truck.