Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog football games available on demand (DirecTV)

Started by WizardofhOgZ, May 12, 2016, 09:57:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

May 12, 2016, 09:57:02 pm Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 11:38:29 am by WizardofhOgZ

For those of you who have DirecTV and are set up with "on demand" capability, I recently noticed that they have about 5 or 6 of our games available to watch from now until sometime in July.  This may also be available through other carriers - I'm not sure (but worth a try!).

On DirecTV, if you know how to use the advanced search function (hit the menu key, then select "search and browse", then "smart search"), spell out "arkansas" letter by letter, and then scroll through the search results on the right . . . several selections down, you will see our games vs. the Aggies, Alabama, LSU and others.  You can watch them right then, on demand; or record them to watch later, if you prefer.

One drawback is that, for whatever reason, they are not in HD, but the picture is pretty high quality standard def.  It's the entire game, without commercials.  And, you can still stop, fast forward, go back and watch your own replays, etc. - just like you can with any show you watch on DirecTV.

It isn't new games - but, it's something to watch while you are waiting for September to get here.

I actually have most of the games recorded in HD on my DVR already, but I know a lot of folks don't keep them after the season, so thought I would share.

Paul

goodguytex

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on May 12, 2016, 09:57:02 pm
For those of you who have DirecTV and are set up with "on demand" capability, I recently noticed that they have about 5 or 6 of our games available to watch from now until sometime in July.  This may also be available through other carriers - I'm not sure (but worth a try!).

On DirecTV, if you know how to use the advanced search function (hit the menu key, then select "search and browse", then "smart search"), spell out "arkansas" letter by letter, and then scroll through the search results on the right . . . several selections down, you will see our games vs. the Aggies, Alabama, LSU and others.  You can watch them right then, on demand; or record them to watch later, if you prefer.

One drawback is that, for whatever reason, they are not in HD, but the picture is pretty high quality standard def.  It's the entire game, without commercials.  And, you can still stop, fast forward, go back and watch your own replays, etc. - just like you can with any show you watch on DirecTV.

It isn't new games - but, it's something to watch while you are waiting for September to get here.

I actually have most of the games recorded in HD on my DVR already, but I know a lot of folks don't keep them after the season, so thought I would share.

I want to record the LSwho game. What network is showing those games? Does it say? I have dish network, and if it's on SEC network or The U, or something like that I might get to catch some of them.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: goodguytex on May 14, 2016, 08:17:43 am
I want to record the LSwho game. What network is showing those games? Does it say? I have dish network, and if it's on SEC network or The U, or something like that I might get to catch some of them.

They are not being "shown" on any channel; they are on demand.  As with any on demand show, you search for the title (or some part of it), and you should see a list that the search returns.  You then select the one you're interested in and "play" or "record" it to your DVR.

ChicoHog

Thanks Wizard.  I'll check it out.  I just finally deleted the Mississippi game from last year and I have recorded and saved the UK game (7 OT) that I recorded on the SEC network a couple months ago.