Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camp at AT+T

Started by ricepig, May 12, 2016, 06:59:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zane

Nice

I wonder what the connection with A&M- Commerce is.
RIP LSUfan

ricepig

Quote from: zane on May 12, 2016, 07:08:43 pm
Nice

We have to have a school in that state serve as host, or so I understand it.

Pig in the Pokey

Nice

Dallas is the connection
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

zane

Quote from: ricepig on May 12, 2016, 07:15:33 pm

Ahh- did not know that
RIP LSUfan

factchecker

Nice

Quote from: ricepig on May 12, 2016, 07:15:33 pm

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 12, 2016, 07:16:17 pm
Dallas is the connection

AND...

Michael Conrad was recently hired as a linebackers coach at Commerce.  Coach Conrad was our Defensive Quality Control coach for the past two seasons:

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/support-staff/michael-conrad/

https://twitter.com/M_L_Conrad/status/730921512878755842
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

greenEGnHAWGS

This makes me so stinking excited! I LOVE this camp idea!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Sivad

Coach B smartly playing the new satellite camp game with gusto. Woo Pig.

jgphillips3

This is chock full of win for us.  Good job coach!  Thank you Jerry!

BRHogfan

hogs7199

At the Harrison Razorback Club meeting last night, Bielema mentioned the camp at AT&T Stadium, a camp in New Orleans, one at Florida Atlantic, and the one in Little Rock that will be hosted by ASU.  He said that they were talking with USA Today and other media outlets about covering the Arkansas camp because it would be the only one that an entire state of colleges would participate in.

RME

The Razorbacks are doing something in Little Rock associated with Arkansas State?

Somewhere, someone's head has exploded.

younghog

That's actually a good date.. All schools will be off / graduation done.. and most should be back from vacation plans the week right after graduation..

I might go check it out..

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

PorkRinds

Does the High School camp having AC on the flyer mean he's going to be there helping out?  Or just using his image to promote the camp? Would seem odd to use a former player if they weren't participating in the camp.

Jackrabbit Hog

Glad we're doing this, but I hope everybody understands it's not getting us ahead of the curve.  We have to do it just to keep up with the Ohio States and Michigans that have already started doing the same thing.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 13, 2016, 09:00:19 am
Glad we're doing this, but I hope everybody understands it's not getting us ahead of the curve.  We have to do it just to keep up with the Ohio States and Michigans that have already started doing the same thing.

Pretty sure you're the only one that realizes the NCAA just opened the door to this possibility, and that now everyone will take advantage.  The rest of us just aren't as quick to recognize that sort of thing...

East TN HAWG

It seems there are two different camp strategies developing.  One is the two school partnering such as the ATT camp, and the second is the mega camps.  Both strategies have their merits.

Mega camps- Kids in areas like DFW are going to be saturated with camps.  There will be camps everywhere, and they will have to pick and choose which ones to attend.  There is a lot of upside for athletes that are trying to get notice by P5 schools because these camps provide the opportunity to audition in front of multiple P5 schools at once.  I see this as being favorable for the unranked, 2* and 3* athlete.   

Partner camps- If a school can get the athletes to a partner camp, they have a better opportunity to sign the athlete.  I believe this camp  is ideal for that 4*-5* athletes that are trying to narrow their list.  This type of camp favors those schools that have drawing power, such as Alabama or Ohio State.

I'm not sure where AR fits into the equation.  Should we join mega camps with schools that we do not compete against such as: Oregon St, Wisconsin, Maryland, Rutgers, North Carolina St.  Or should we go solo like ATT? 

Pork Twain

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 13, 2016, 09:00:19 am
I hope everyone understands that up till now, we have been unable to hold these camps.  B1G schools have been able to and that has given them a recruiting advantage.  Now that the SEC has removed this restriction, it can only help us.  So in that sense, yes we are ahead of where we were in comparison to other schools that have been able to do this all along.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hogs7199

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on May 13, 2016, 08:30:42 am
The Razorbacks are doing something in Little Rock associated with Arkansas State?

Bielema addressed this as well last night.  He said that it shows how ingenious Frank Broyles was to never play Arkansas State.  He said it allows us to do things such as the large camp in Little Rock because there is no downside.  It helps every school in the state.  He said he doesn't have to feel threatened by ASU because they don't play and never will.  So, they can collaborate without any conflict.

BRHogfan

Quote from: hogs7199 on May 13, 2016, 10:46:03 am
Bielema addressed this as well last night.  He said that it shows how ingenious Frank Broyles was to never play Arkansas State.  He said it allows us to do things such as the large camp in Little Rock because there is no downside.  It helps every school in the state.  He said he doesn't have to feel threatened by ASU because they don't play and never will.  So, they can collaborate without any conflict.

That is a great way of looking at it. 

Sivad

Quote from: hogs7199 on May 13, 2016, 10:46:03 am
Smart view.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on May 13, 2016, 08:30:42 am

Yes, Arkansas State is in charge of the Gatorade coolers  ;D