Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Razorback Stadium RFI

Started by alabamaalumnus1993, May 12, 2016, 07:48:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

alabamaalumnus1993

I'm visiting for the Alabama game on October 8th and look to have tickets in the upper deck visitors section (509-512).  How high/bad are those sections?  As background, I sit in the upper deck in Bryant Denny and love them, but I don't know if your deck is higher than ours.

Any input is appreciated.  I hear great things about that trip.

Inhogswetrust

About the same height. They are on the northeast side so if the game is in the afternoon and it's sunny make sure you wear a cap.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GolfnHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 12, 2016, 07:52:40 am
About the same height. They are on the northeast side so if the game is in the afternoon and it's sunny make sure you wear a cap.

and sunscreen!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

alabamaalumnus1993

Yea, I saw in previous games that the visitors sit in the sun........understandably so.  We do that too.

If it is the same height as Bryant Denny, that isn't bad.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: alabamaalumnus1993 on May 12, 2016, 07:48:49 am
I'm visiting for the Alabama game on October 8th and look to have tickets in the upper deck visitors section (509-512).  How high/bad are those sections?  As background, I sit in the upper deck in Bryant Denny and love them, but I don't know if your deck is higher than ours.

Any input is appreciated.  I hear great things about that trip.

You might need a bodyguard............ 8)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ImHogginIt

Quote from: alabamaalumnus1993 on May 12, 2016, 10:12:22 am
Yea, I saw in previous games that the visitors sit in the sun........understandably so.  We do that too.

Not a bad seat anywhere in the upperdecks of RRS. I always sit in the West upperdeck. Enjoy the view of the Boston  Mountains to the South while up there too  :razorback:

alabamaalumnus1993

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 12, 2016, 10:13:56 am
You might need a bodyguard............ 8)

Surely a joke.  I am hoping you guys aren't like LSU........rude and hateful. 

Y'all always been nice in Bryant Denny........unlike LSU.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: alabamaalumnus1993 on May 12, 2016, 10:12:22 am

Depending on how high in the section it could be higher but it is a good view.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: alabamaalumnus1993 on May 12, 2016, 10:29:22 am

I'm sure you won't have a "tiger tail" sticking out of the back of your vehicle so you should be treated fine.......................just like any visitors anywhere simply be respectful and it will be returned in kind. Enjoy!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: alabamaalumnus1993 on May 12, 2016, 10:29:22 am

It was, DWRRS is filled with the sweetest & kindest fans you will ever find.......... (so long as you're being nice..)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

cosmodrum

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 12, 2016, 10:14:30 am
Not a bad seat anywhere in the upperdecks of RRS. I always sit in the West upperdeck. Enjoy the view of the Boston  Mountains to the South while up there too  :razorback:

It really is a great view. Gorgeous.
Go away, batin'

razorcash2

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 12, 2016, 10:31:37 am
I'm sure you won't have a "tiger tail" sticking out of the back of your vehicle so you should be treated fine.......................just like any visitors anywhere simply be respectful and it will be returned in kind. Enjoy!
...and a can of gasoline.

alabamaalumnus1993

Thanks for the responses guys!!!  I look forward to my trip. Being a Civil War buff, I'm taking a few extra days and sight see (going to Pea Ridge battlefield for one).

Also, thanks for beating AU, UT and especially Ole Miss last year (without that, we were out of it)!  The first two teams are bitter rivals, the last one is more like an ingrown toenail.

Go Hogs!

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: alabamaalumnus1993 on May 12, 2016, 11:49:49 am
Thanks for the responses guys!!!  I look forward to my trip. Being a Civil War buff, I'm taking a few extra days and sight see (going to Pea Ridge battlefield for one).

Also, thanks for beating AU, UT and especially Ole Miss last year (without that, we were out of it)!  The first two teams are bitter rivals, the last one is more like an ingrown toenail.

Go Hogs!

We hope to irritate your toes again soon ourselves . . . as we used to do on a pretty frequent basis until Nick came to Tuscaloosa . . .

:(

I do hope you have a nice experience during your visit . . . except for the final result, of course . . .  ;) . . . and you should.  It's a beautiful part of the country.  You'll be a little early for full color, but you should be able to see some of the leaves turning by early October.  And you will find that you are among rabid football fans.  There will be excitement in the air in that special way you only get prior to a big college football game.

Travel safely.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 12, 2016, 10:39:52 am
It was, DWRRS is filled with the sweetest & kindest fans you will ever find.......... (so long as you're being nice..)

Unless you want to stand up to support the team. 

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 12, 2016, 01:13:17 pm
Unless you want to stand up to support the team. 

Hey, down in the front, I can't read the previous post!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: alabamaalumnus1993 on May 12, 2016, 11:49:49 am

Go Hogs!

FYI. There is also another smaller yet still nice civil war battlefield much closer to RRS and that is Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 12, 2016, 05:35:45 pm
FYI. There is also another smaller yet still nice civil war battlefield much closer to RRS and that is Prairie Grove Battlefield State Park.
and a Confederate Cemetary just blocks away.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

alabamaalumnus1993

Ah..........I forgot about Prairie Grove!  Thanks for that input!!!

Inhogswetrust

May 13, 2016, 12:58:37 pm #19 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:18:13 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: alabamaalumnus1993 on May 12, 2016, 10:54:07 pm

You're welcome. Have a great trip and enjoy Northwest Arkansas.

JethroB.

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 13, 2016, 12:58:37 pm
You're welcome. Have great trip and enjoy Northwest Arkansas.

If you come through the Ft. Smith area there is also Judge Parker's courthouse. Granted it's not necessarily "civil war" but still interesting.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: JethroB. on May 13, 2016, 01:08:28 pm
If you come through the Ft. Smith area there is also Judge Parker's courthouse. Granted it's not necessarily "civil war" but still interesting.

That's a good side trip as well. I would also recommend as tourist go to Crystal Bridges Museum, War Eagle Mill and as much time as possible in the Ozark National forest. Also while up at Pea Ridge go ahead and see Eureka Springs.

FraggleHog

Quote from: alabamaalumnus1993 on May 12, 2016, 10:54:07 pm

Interesting fact (which I'm sure you already know as you're a Civil War buff) is that the battlefield is nationally known as one of the most intact Civil War battlefields.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay in Northwest Arkansas! We're very proud of our home. Hopefully we can finally get over the Saban/ Alabama schneid this season.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

alabamaalumnus1993

Thanks for the hospitality guys!

goodguytex

I remember the 2010 Bama game in Fayetteville... Both our teams were pretty equally matched I think. Baum parking lot there was the really nice Bama fan playing Skynyrd sons on his sound system. I like me some Skynyrd, even Sweet Home Alabama.

Me and my best friends sears were in that exact area of the upper deck. And we had a great view of the action, and the mountains. The Bama fans we were surrounded by were first class, and were courteous and respectful. Hog fans sitting around were too. We all got along great, and left that game with tremendous respect for one another.

1993, hog fans are very respectful and courteous. I think you will have a great experience in Fayetteville. But I hope you leave very heartbroken over the Hogs getting a win.