Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Know it will be ridiculed, but what if the b12conf offered.....................

Started by Hogmodo, May 11, 2016, 01:45:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

riccoar

hogcard1964

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 11, 2016, 07:22:44 pm
Be in a division with West Virginia, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State?

Hell's bells, man.

At least we'd know we'd win it 9 out of 10 years.   ;D

MJ2

Would be a better chance of getting to a NC from the Big 12, but the money is better in the SEC.    Maybe we should just take the Vandy approach and take our whippings and enjoy the $'s.

hobhog

#1 is ridiculous and impossible. Post gets more ridiculous from there...,

Hoggish1

Hogarusa

Quote from: MJ2 on May 12, 2016, 04:05:55 pm
Would be a better chance of getting to a NC from the Big 12, but the money is better in the SEC.    Maybe we should just take the Vandy approach and take our whippings and enjoy the $'s.

Based on comments, i believe Hogs do follow most of that approach.  Its fun playing national champs and Heisman winners every year
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

DLUXHOG

Hogs will definitely win it all someday, in the SEC.......... (you heard it here first)
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

justmakeit2thebcs

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

swineology

Quote from: Hogmodo on May 11, 2016, 01:45:53 pm
.................the following?

1.  Texas will dissolve the Longhorn network in order to get ESPN to make a big offer for TV rights to an expanded b12conf with a championship game to televise.  There will be a ten year loss of TV rights penalty on any team that leaves, so UT has no ability to blackmail the league ever again in the future.

2.  Arkansas and Tulane are invited to join to bring it up to 12 teams with a championship game.  Tulane gives the New Orleans market so it brings more TV's than Arkansas.  Arkansas brings the prestige of coming from the SEC which the b12 needs, although they hate to admit it.  Expanding by picking up minor league conference members is small time.  Getting Power5 conference members to join you says you are big time too.  They need that more than any other Power5 conference.

3.  Arkansas would be in the b12north with WVA, IowaState, Kansas, Kansas State, and Okie State.  That puts Tulane in the b12south with UT, Baylor, TT, TCU, & OU. Tulane becomes our permanent opponent, OSU has OU, so OU continues to play UT & OSU every year.

4.  They agree that there will be no refs from the home state of either team in any conference games.  No more Texas refs for Hog games against Texas schools.

5.  They throw in an extra $25 million to the Hogs to sweeten the deal and entice us away from the SEC.

Advantages:

A.  We will have an easier path to a football championship game and the playoffs than in the SEC.  Baseball and Track will have an easier time too.

B.  Playing Tulane every year will help us keep some of the recruiting gains we have made in Louisiana.  Texas recruiting will be much easier.  Florida will be about the same because those South Florida kids just want out of Florida and will go anywhere.

C.  That conference schedule will be a lot easier than the SEC West.

D.  The expanded b12 revenue should match the SEC.  Maybe they throw in a clause that they make up the difference if it ever falls short for Arkansas.

Disadvantage: Basketball will have a much tougher time excelling, but we did it before and we can do it again.

Let the flaming begin, but if we can get past our hate for all things Texas, having the b12 acknowledge they really need us, having UT eat crow and give up their network to get us, and some extra money thrown in could all be a pretty sweet deal for the Hogs.

Robert Shields alter?

alabamaalumnus1993

Laugh and walk away.  And who wants to put up with Texas and their fans?  Their arrogance is second to none.

BornaHog

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on May 12, 2016, 06:04:47 pm
what if a frog had wings?

Frog legs wouldn't be nearly as good to eat! Who would want to eat spindly ole frog legs, YUK!!!   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

jkstock04

Quote from: MJ2 on May 12, 2016, 04:05:55 pm

I keep reading about the $$$. While true for the school...to the average fan why does this matter? Ticket prices still go up...the school gets rich, how does this benefit me any?

The Tulane thing is what really threw me off the most with the OP. But, I've thought in the back of my mind for a few years now that us being in the SEC was like pushing a big boulder up hill. We are competing against schools who not only have much better recruiting bases than us....but are extremely willing to get their hands dirty for the cause of winning.

Us on the other hand? Not so much on both of those fronts. Our recruiting base in state by comparison to these other schools in our conference is terrible...and quite simply Arkansans don't have a 'win at all/any cost' like these schools we compete against do. Think Auburn or Ole Miss is ashamed by dirty recruiting tactics? Lol no chance. How do we compete against that in the long run? Not a short 1 or 2 year sample...but long run?

Was mostly before my time...but supposedly back in the 70s and 80s we regularly fielded some powerhouse teams. That trend is not going to happen now. Odds are stacked higher against us.

Another thing, I usually make one road trip per year. But, if we had a closer schedule like this would afford...Personally I would be more apt to take more road trips. I would wager most people on here talking about how ridiculous this idea is don't make any road road trips to watch the Hogs...or even go to the games at home for that matter.

Fairly moot because we all know this scenerio would never happen. But I suppose it's offseason food for thought type of stuff.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

theFlyingHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 13, 2016, 01:59:08 am
I keep reading about the $$$. While true for the school...to the average fan why does this matter? Ticket prices still go up...the school gets rich, how does this benefit me any?

The Tulane thing is what really threw me off the most with the OP. But, I've thought in the back of my mind for a few years now that us being in the SEC was like pushing a big boulder up hill. We are competing against schools who not only have much better recruiting bases than us....but are extremely willing to get their hands dirty for the cause of winning.

Us on the other hand? Not so much on both of those fronts. Our recruiting base in state by comparison to these other schools in our conference is terrible...and quite simply Arkansans don't have a 'win at all/any cost' like these schools we compete against do. Think Auburn or Ole Miss is ashamed by dirty recruiting tactics? Lol no chance. How do we compete against that in the long run? Not a short 1 or 2 year sample...but long run?

Was mostly before my time...but supposedly back in the 70s and 80s we regularly fielded some powerhouse teams. That trend is not going to happen now. Odds are stacked higher against us.
You make some good points. As fans of the football team, the money from the SEC is great if it helps us win(fans want to win). Newsflash! All the other teams are getting the same payout.

We've been fricked by some coaching BS and then there's Saban over in ttown.  We get a good coach and keep him around until Saban hangs it up and I bet we win the conference once or twice

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

jkstock04

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 13, 2016, 03:38:11 am
Why do people continue to bring this up?
As opposed to tornados, Oklahoma Supreme Court, and uniform color/design?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Doug

--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Biggus Piggus

I have decoded the original post, finally, after lots of thinking and several stretches of inebriation.

Hogmodo is trying to bait Robert Shields into posting again. Hogmodo thought that if he posted something of enough sheer stupidity, Robert would seize upon the opportunity to convert those thoughts into a "column."

It's alright, Hogmodo. We miss him, too.
[CENSORED]!

TM Hog

I would add another clause.  The University of Texas has to sign a personal guarantee to pay Arkansas their yearly revenue with agreed upon increases for 100 years. (In case the conference dissolved)  This will keep those tea sippers from bolting and leaving Arkansas twisting in the wind.

I know Arkansas will never leave the SEC.  Just wanted to participate with my 2 cents. :)

code red

Let's change the subject shall we?  I have been hearing rumblings of FedEx and Memphis to the Big 12 as a package deal.  Anyone else heard this?  FedEx sponsor would be huge for the Big 12 and Memphis seems like a good fit in the Big 12.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

texas tush hog

Murr

Chivas

Wanted to get in on the action then realized I didn't know how to post a gif.

So to answer the original question: Frank. No.

Shrevepork

1.  Texas will dissolve the Longhorn network in order to get ESPN to make a big offer for TV rights to an expanded b12conf with a championship game to televise.  There will be a ten year loss of TV rights penalty on any team that leaves, so UT has no ability to blackmail the league ever again in the future.

2.  Arkansas and Tulane are invited to join to bring it up to 12 teams with a championship game.  Tulane gives the New Orleans market so it brings more TV's than Arkansas.  Arkansas brings the prestige of coming from the SEC which the b12 needs, although they hate to admit it.  Expanding by picking up minor league conference members is small time.  Getting Power5 conference members to join you says you are big time too.  They need that more than any other Power5 conference.

3.  Arkansas would be in the b12north with WVA, IowaState, Kansas, Kansas State, and Okie State.  That puts Tulane in the b12south with UT, Baylor, TT, TCU, & OU. Tulane becomes our permanent opponent, OSU has OU, so OU continues to play UT & OSU every year.

4.  They agree that there will be no refs from the home state of either team in any conference games.  No more Texas refs for Hog games against Texas schools.

5.  They throw in an extra $25 million to the Hogs to sweeten the deal and entice us away from the SEC.

Advantages:

A.  We will have an easier path to a football championship game and the playoffs than in the SEC.  Baseball and Track will have an easier time too.

B.  Playing Tulane every year will help us keep some of the recruiting gains we have made in Louisiana.  Texas recruiting will be much easier.  Florida will be about the same because those South Florida kids just want out of Florida and will go anywhere.

D.  The expanded b12 revenue should match the SEC.  Maybe they throw in a clause that they make up the difference if it ever falls short for Arkansas.

Disadvantage: Basketball will have a much tougher time excelling, but we did it before and we can do it again.

Let the flaming begin, but if we can get past our hate for all things Texas, having the b12 acknowledge they really need us, having UT eat crow and give up their network to get us, and some extra money thrown in could all be a pretty sweet deal for the Hogs.

Dial 911 while you still can. You're having a stroke.

MuskogeeHogFan

Advantages:

Would Arkansas fit well in the Big 12? Arkansas would be the biggest player with the best fit of anyone that they have been talking to, but that doesn't matter, it won't happen short of the Big 12 guaranteeing Arkansas a minimum pay-out of 31-33 million per year for the next 10 years, and they aren't going to make that guarantee.

But if the Big 12 did make that guarantee and the Big 12 also added either Memphis (most likely) or Cincy, it would form a North Division of Iowa State, Kansas, K-State, Arkansas, W. Virginia and one of Memphis or Cincy. Now granted, that isn't the illustrious company that Arkansas has become accustomed to keeping in a Division, but it would be a winnable Division for Arkansas which would likely place them in the CCG most years.

So would we be willing to move to a lesser Conference in a weaker Division that would offer us the chance of being in the CCG most years against the likes of Oklahoma, Baylor or TCU as long as we made as much or more money in revenue distribution each year than we currently do in the SEC? Maybe, maybe not.
Go Hogs Go!

losthawg68

That's a good idea! And when we get to the Big 12 we could have a pillow fight with all the other schools, and then do our nails and may even our periods will sync up! Or, consider this, man up and realize you have to work for what you want rather than trying to find the easy road.
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

PonderinHog

Quote from: losthawg68 on May 14, 2016, 08:12:56 am
That's a good idea! And when we get to the Big 12 we could have a pillow fight with all the other schools, and then do our nails and may even our periods will sync up! Or, consider this, man up and realize you have to work for what you want rather than trying to find the easy road.
I'm gonna take that as a definite "no."

Hawghiggs

We don't need to join the Big 12. If we are gong to switch conferences. Then we need to form a new conference instead. That way the national perception of the conference would be different. 

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: losthawg68 on May 14, 2016, 08:12:56 am

So you're saying there's a chance? 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Torqued pork

Wasn't there serious talk of Tulane dropping its football program two or three ago?

geauxhawgs

Two Things:

1) We are a football state in the Southeast and we're in the BEST conference/division in the REGION and in the COUNTRY with all eyes on us and more $$$$$ than we no what to do with. Does it get any sweeter than that yall?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

2) There's roughly 3 million people in Arkansas (most of those outside NWA). For the LARGE majority of our fan base the Big 12 offers absolutely NO benefit in terms of geography or cultural likeness. I get the feeling that some think there would be this amazing benefit in terms of travel. I can assure y'all, after the honey moon phase, our numbers at away games would in fact be substantially less due to further travel for most fans and coming from the SEC our fans would be SORELY disappointed in the stagnant game day atmospheres found throughout most of the dying Big 12.

If we were ever going to expand west (which by the way we don't need to so why would we?) but if we really felt like we needed to add more depth and make our league stronger, OU and OSU make the most sense imo. But it would come with a cost and that cost would be Dallas.

Anyhow, we're at home now, why leave?

Woo Pig!! LSU BLEAUXS!!!!

LZH

Quote from: Torqued pork on May 14, 2016, 09:38:54 am
Wasn't there serious talk of Tulane dropping its football program two or three ago?

I doubt anyone would have noticed.

I don't know why I let this subject irritate me so much, but it does. I mean, does anyone want to remarry their ex-wife? You know, the one that you fell for when you were kids, but she turned out to be homely and cheated on you constantly.

I just can't get my head around the idea that some guys want to take a major step down so we can have a better chance at winning a conference championship. Hell, why not petition the Sunbelt to let us in so we can hit the GoDaddy.com Bowl every year?

Even if the Big12 offered to match what we make in the SEC every year, which they never would, it still would be a dumb-ass move. It's like offering me the same amount of money I make now to leave my spot four blocks from the beach in Southwest Florida to move back to the cotton fields of Southeast Arkansas. Really? And it isn't like I'm breaking the bank or anything, in fact I make a lot less than I did 5 years ago living in Desha County. But it's totally worth it. Same goes for the Hogs....SEC > Big12.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LZH on May 14, 2016, 10:24:08 am
I doubt anyone would have noticed.

I don't know why I let this subject irritate me so much, but it does. I mean, does anyone want to remarry their ex-wife? You know, the one that you fell for when you were kids, but she turned out to be homely and cheated on you constantly.

I just can't get my head around the idea that some guys want to take a major step down so we can have a better chance at winning a conference championship. Hell, why not petition the Sunbelt to let us in so we can hit the GoDaddy.com Bowl every year?

Even if the Big12 offered to match what we make in the SEC every year, which they never would, it still would be a dumb-ass move. It's like offering me the same amount of money I make now to leave my spot four blocks from the beach in Southwest Florida to move back to the cotton fields of Southeast Arkansas. Really? And it isn't like I'm breaking the bank or anything, in fact I make a lot less than I did 5 years ago living in Desha County. But it's totally worth it. Same goes for the Hogs....SEC > Big12.

Just pointing out that in the scenario that I laid out, there would be a lot more opportunities to get to a CCG and when you really get down to it as far as people are concerned with the perception that you have a quality program and as far as building a name for yourself as a school from your record, no one much cares which P-5 conference that you acquired that record. Now if we want to puff our chests out in pride that we will usually (but not necessarily always) wind up anywhere from #3 to #5 in the SEC West, then o.k. stick where we are.

And as far as the money goes, before anyone would say o.k. to moving to the Big 12, the numbers of 31-33 million per year are only baseline numbers. Our distribution check would have to increase commensurately as conference revenues increased, so that we weren't out of line with what we would have been making in the SEC.

Now it mostly doesn't matter because neither OU or Texas are going to agree to giving a newcomer to the Big 12 that kind of guarantee. But I would hope that we would never make that move to a shaky conference like the Big 12 in the absence of that guarantee. But if it happened, we would certainly begin to win more games and be a part of more CCG's and be given greater consideration for the play-offs as a result.

I love being a part of the SEC but I'll admit that it stings a bit when I see teams from other, weaker conferences, with better records than us, being ranked higher and going to better bowls. I want what is best for Arkansas, not necessarily what is best for the SEC.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawghiggs

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 14, 2016, 12:21:45 pm
Just pointing out that in the scenario that I laid out, there would be a lot more opportunities to get to a CCG and when you really get down to it as far as people are concerned with the perception that you have a quality program and as far as building a name for yourself as a school from your record, no one much cares which P-5 conference that you acquired that record. Now if we want to puff our chests out in pride that we will usually (but not necessarily always) wind up anywhere from #3 to #5 in the SEC West, then o.k. stick where we are.

And as far as the money goes, before anyone would say o.k. to moving to the Big 12, the numbers of 31-33 million per year are only baseline numbers. Our distribution check would have to increase commensurately as conference revenues increased, so that we weren't out of line with what we would have been making in the SEC.

Now it mostly doesn't matter because neither OU or Texas are going to agree to giving a newcomer to the Big 12 that kind of guarantee. But I would hope that we would never make that move to a shaky conference like the Big 12 in the absence of that guarantee. But if it happened, we would certainly begin to win more games and be a part of more CCG's and be given greater consideration for the play-offs as a result.

I love being a part of the SEC but I'll admit that it stings a bit when I see teams from other, weaker conferences, with better records than us, being ranked higher and going to better bowls. I want what is best for Arkansas, not necessarily what is best for the SEC.

A lot of truth in your post.   I have grown tired of the pro-SEC first fans. They would rather be in the SEC and have the University cash big paychecks. Than have the Hawgs competing for conference titles and big time bowl games. The SEC has great competition. But it also has rampant cheating. Which seems to be something we aren't going to do. And since we aren't going to do it. We most likely will never actually win the conference.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hawghiggs on May 14, 2016, 01:03:23 pm
A lot of truth in your post.   I have grown tired of the pro-SEC first fans. They would rather be in the SEC and have the University cash big paychecks. Than have the Hawgs competing for conference titles and big time bowl games. The SEC has great competition. But it also has rampant cheating. Which seems to be something we aren't going to do. And since we aren't going to do it. We most likely will never actually win the conference.

That's not what I meant to convey at all. The level of the pay day that your school receives is very important and contributes to program development and not just football development. That's why I said we shouldn't leave unless we were guaranteed a pay day that is at least equal to or more than what we would be earning in the SEC.

Now there is obviously something to being in a position in a conference where you have the opportunity to win more games and advance more frequently to a CCG. The PTB in college football don't dismiss a team like OU simply because they play a softer schedule in-conference than someone like us who might win fewer games in-conference and don't have the overall W-L record that someone like Oklahoma acquires in the process against lesser competition.

But even those bigger Big 12 teams realize that in the absence of a more difficult schedule and no CCG that they could be in danger of not earning the respect that they need to qualify for a high enough ranking to make it into the play offs. That's why they are looking for expansion members. That's also why, if Bob Bowlsby doesn't get off his arse and make expansion a major priority, the Big 12 will lose Oklahoma and Oklahoma State in one fell swoop. That said, I think that OU President David Boren's posturing on the topic is just a threat, a feint, and nothing more. They no more want to leave the comfy confines of what they have in the Big 12 than the man in the moon.

This is precisely why, with the Big 12 first needing more members, but really needing more quality members, that they might be in a position to negotiate with the right team in order to get them to come over. But still, even with that thought in mind, none of the Big 12 elite are going to be willing to make the kind of financial guarantees that they would need to make in order to pluck someone like Arkansas from the SEC. It just isn't going to happen.

So, the Big 12 will add schools like a Memphis, Cincy or UCF with whom they don't have to negotiate or guarantee more money and just get themselves back to 12 teams and a CCG and the annual powers in that conference will continue to represent the conference in bigger bowl games and possibly the CFB play offs and limp along as one of the weaker conferences in football in the country.
Go Hogs Go!

Ben

It baffles me how Hog fans are more worried about the Money (that they aren't earning) the SEC brings to Arkansas, rather than the money they would be spending on a team with the potential of actually being consistently relevant and ranked in the top 25. I guarantee Baylor, KState, and Oklahoma St fans have had more fun and hell of a time than hog fans have in the past 15 years. Hell Kansas has even reached the top 2 and have won a major bowl game most recently. But we are too busy living off the SEC name we rarely contribute to and riding the coattails of other teams success.  Every Big 12 team minus Iowa St and TAMU at the time has reached the top 2 in their conference history.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Torqued pork on May 14, 2016, 09:38:54 am

They should. If the Big 12 is actually considering adding Tulane, it simply screams instability for that conference.

Tulane has barely had 2 winning seasons in the last 15 years, with an overall record of 57-124 playing against woefully weak competition

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: 26.2Hog on May 14, 2016, 04:37:42 pm
They should. If the Big 12 is actually considering adding Tulane, it simply screams instability for that conference.

Tulane has barely had 2 winning seasons in the last 15 years, with an overall record of 57-124 playing against woefully weak competition

They aren't, that was Hogmodo's suggestion.
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

those South Florida kids just want out of Florida and will go anywhere.

Holy cow, I just now noticed this. That is the most ridiculous comment in this entire post, and considering you mentioned Tulane that is saying an awful lot. Please enlighten us as to how you know this.

It's obvious you've never been down here.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hawghiggs on May 14, 2016, 01:03:23 pm
It's baffling to me how our fans chest pound to simply being in the SEC and the $$$ the school makes off of it. I don't see how that money benefits me. lol this year ticket prices went up 20-40%.

The cheering on of Alabamas continued dominance is beginning to get twilight zone weird to me. The cheating thing is the real curb stopper for us because we aren't going to partake in that activity.. Alabamas cheating is easily accepted because they do it quietly and have been dominant for many years. When a seemingly lesser team like Auburn or Ole Miss partake that's when the real sour grapes and knashing of teeth begin. Peoble abaolutely loathe it.

Yet on the same flip of a coin they think being in the SEC with these corrupt teams is the greatest and the idea of leaving nothing but blasphemy. Overall I just don't understand some of this logic.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

rihog

My opinion: Super Conference Time!
SEC-W
Ok State
OU
Texas
Texas A&M
Arkansas
LSU
Ole Miss
MSU

SEC- E
Kentucky
Vandy
Tenneessee
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
So. Carolina
Florida

Texas gets rid of the LHN, SEC cuts a new deal with ESPN, the revenew would be insane. Pipe dream, I know, but it would be an amazing conference.
Our biggest strength is that we don't have any weaknesses;
Our biggest weakness is that we don't have any strengths. -J. Frank Broyles

HamSammich

Advantages:

That would be a slam dunk deal of the 21st century.... And we would actually be able to be in a championship game once every decade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ben on May 14, 2016, 04:04:48 pm
It baffles me how Hog fans are more worried about the Money (that they aren't earning) the SEC brings to Arkansas, rather than the money they would be spending on a team with the potential of actually being consistently relevant and ranked in the top 25. I guarantee Baylor, KState, and Oklahoma St fans have had more fun and hell of a time than hog fans have in the past 15 years. Hell Kansas has even reached the top 2 and have won a major bowl game most recently. But we are too busy living off the SEC name we rarely contribute to and riding the coattails of other teams success.  Every Big 12 team minus Iowa St and TAMU at the time has reached the top 2 in their conference history.

What baffles me is how you constantly go on about such stuff. Top two in the little 12 carries about as much weight as a BB gun in a nuclear war.............

P.S. WHO had the most fans (or fun) at the bowls we played against KSU? It wasn't putty cat fans. IF Baylor fans are so great why did they have to DOWNSIZE when they built their new stadium even after having to cover up seats in the old one. KU doesn't have enough football fans to fill Allen Texas high schools stadium much less their own football stadium even when they did have a good team. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Boardon Hamsay

What if we replaced the DWRRS turf with the turf from WMS? Would that end the GSD?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 15, 2016, 07:29:22 pm
What baffles me is how you constantly go on about such stuff. Top two in the little 12 carries about as much weight as a BB gun in a nuclear war.............

Huh?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: rihog on May 15, 2016, 11:45:44 am
My opinion: Super Conference Time!
SEC-W
Ok State
OU
Texas
Texas A&M
Arkansas
LSU
Ole Miss
MSU

SEC- E
Kentucky
Vandy
Tenneessee
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
So. Carolina
Florida

Texas gets rid of the LHN, SEC cuts a new deal with ESPN, the revenew would be insane. Pipe dream, I know, but it would be an amazing conference.

Two things,
Why would anyone willingly get in bed with the shorthorns?
Why is money the only thing people can talk about.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 15, 2016, 07:29:22 pm

P.S. WHO had the most fans (or fun) at the bowls we played against KSU? It wasn't putty cat fans. IF Baylor fans are so great why did they have to DOWNSIZE when they built their new stadium even after having to cover up seats in the old one. KU doesn't have enough football fans to fill Allen Texas high schools stadium much less their own football stadium even when they did have a good team.

Really?
Wasn't OU in the playoff?  Most years the B12 winner will be in a four team playoff and if we go to eight it will be every years.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on May 15, 2016, 10:06:06 pm
Why is money the only thing people can talk about.

Because it's all that matters in college football (to those who make the decisions that is).  Fans get confused about why there is college football, but the school administrators don't.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!