Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Alabama the only team that stand in the way of the hogs going to the SEC title?

Started by Ben, May 11, 2016, 11:58:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TUSKtimes

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 13, 2016, 02:07:08 pm
that simply cannot be true...Alabama has been to Red Stick at night a lot through the years....but that's just a guess on my part

From 1970 to 2000, Bama was undefeated in Baton Rogue. That doesn't make it all sunshine and roses. Bama's been required to pay property taxes on tiger stadium for decades.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 11, 2016, 12:05:41 pm
LSU is loaded for a run this season

Not really.  LSU is going to be at most 9 deep on the Defensive Line this season.  They will be 9 deep if they decide to play 1 of their True Freshmen Defensive Tackles.

To put that into perspective, Clemson will be 12 deep on the Defensive Line this season (5 Defensive Tackles and 7 Defensive Ends).

Basically the only positions that LSU is loaded/deep is at Running Back and the Secondary.

mhsbc59

Quote from: MJ2 on May 12, 2016, 04:04:02 pm
Gotta get past 4-4 in the conference to be able to have a chance to win it and I'm not seeing it in the near future.

we just went 5-3 last year in conferance not so hard to see better than 4-4
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

root_hawg

Pretty sure all of me are in the way Bama list just king of the hill right now

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Dear lord isn't summer great. We can post things like this and not look like a total goof tard for a couple months.

Every team you mentioned might beat the hogs this year.

Let's make some waves.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on May 14, 2016, 10:35:23 pm
Not really.  LSU is going to be at most 9 deep on the Defensive Line this season.  They will be 9 deep if they decide to play 1 of their True Freshmen Defensive Tackles.

To put that into perspective, Clemson will be 12 deep on the Defensive Line this season (5 Defensive Tackles and 7 Defensive Ends).

Basically the only positions that LSU is loaded/deep is at Running Back and the Secondary.

Seriously?
Let's make some waves.

TUSKtimes

The west is on a roll. The west division has won every SEC championship since 2008, including 5NC. Every team in the west went to a bowl last season. Only three in the east.

The entire east division is having the same soul searching moments as hogland.

HamSammich

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on May 15, 2016, 10:30:05 am
Seriously?

These guys are dead serious...

I use to just come for the laughs. Ive decided to stay for the drinks.

LSU will likely win the SEC this year. Bama reloaded. Ole Miss has the best QB in the league and has built a lot of depth. TAMU constantly beat us regardless of how we all deem "they are an automatic win" each year. Tenner is loaded. Georgia has Chubb and a GREAT line. TCU is already favored like a touchdown over us...

But sure... Its just bama that will give us trouble.

ALLVOL

Quote from: TUSKtimes on May 15, 2016, 10:53:05 am
The west is on a roll. The west division has won every SEC championship since 2008, including 5NC. Every team in the west went to a bowl last season. Only three in the east.

The entire east division is having the same soul searching moments as hogland.

No. Not every team. UT isn't soul searching at all. We've been in a rebuild brick by brick. You will see this year. Construction is all but done. Grand opening in a few months.

HamSammich

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 15, 2016, 03:18:55 pm
No. Not every team. UT isn't soul searching at all. We've been in a rebuild brick by brick. You will see this year. Construction is all but done. Grand opening in a few months.

Tenner is loaded. If they don't challenge LSU for the SEC it would be a huge coaching fail.

TUSKtimes

Yeah, hypothetically speaking, you made it. Congrats!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HamSammich on May 15, 2016, 02:40:38 pm
These guys are dead serious...

I use to just come for the laughs. Ive decided to stay for the drinks.

LSU will likely win the SEC this year. Bama reloaded. Ole Miss has the best QB in the league and has built a lot of depth. TAMU constantly beat us regardless of how we all deem "they are an automatic win" each year. Tenner is loaded. Georgia has Chubb and a GREAT line. TCU is already favored like a touchdown over us...

But sure... Its just bama that will give us trouble.

Drama a bit? Yes some are stating only Bama, but most of us are giving credit that the West is tough.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: HamSammich on May 15, 2016, 03:27:59 pm
Tenner is loaded. If they don't challenge LSU for the SEC it would be a huge coaching fail.

So they are over the top because of the incoming freshmen? That has to be your point as this "loaded" team is the same one we went into their house and beat.

Let me know how "loaded" they are and how they managed to jump past a Hog team that beat them?

And you were laughing at others? What a joke.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ALLVOL

Quote from: TUSKtimes on May 15, 2016, 04:05:01 pm

Yeah, hypothetically speaking, you made it. Congrats!
LOL UT has rebuilt from a horrible position. You will see turd boy.

VirginiaHog

No. No one will stand in our way this. And remember. Its May. I am allowed to believe this.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: VirginiaHog on May 15, 2016, 06:56:57 pm
No. No one will stand in our way this. And remember. Its May. I am allowed to believe this.

Exactly - it's May. Come September we can more accurate. Now watch how many of the scoffers will pee all over the preseason polls when they come out saying it is too early to know. Yet they know in May we will not be very good. Ironic isn't it?  ;D

moses_007

Quote from: VirginiaHog on May 15, 2016, 06:56:57 pm
You actually think we can make a run for the SEC title with a green quarterback, really green running backs, and a couple of green offensive linemen?  I'm afraid next year is going to be very disappointing.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 15, 2016, 09:30:26 pm
Exactly - it's May. Come September we can more accurate. Now watch how many of the scoffers will pee all over the preseason polls when they come out saying it is too early to know. Yet they know in May we will not be very good. Ironic isn't it?  ;D
It's less than 120 days away!   :razorback:

rzrbackramsfan

I agree, and the haters on this post don't really get it, but i can envision the hogs beating everyone but Alabama.  I just can't envision us beating bama, but who knows!   

ChitownHawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on May 15, 2016, 11:09:44 pm
It's less than 120 days away!   :razorback:

And some potential key components have not even stepped on campus yet. They could come in and plug the holes or fail. But we won't know until Fall camp.

It is May, sun is shining, walks along Lake Michigan, and both baseball teams are at the top of the standings. Why worry about anything?  ;)

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

Lol, is that a new prison you're building??

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2016, 11:17:58 am

He ain't going to like that comment as they are innocent and the women are just gold diggers.  ;)

DLUXHOG

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on May 16, 2016, 01:36:33 am
I agree, and the haters on this post don't really get it, but i can envision the hogs beating everyone but Alabama.  I just can't envision us beating bama, but who knows!   

well... the Hogs did beat bama in.... 1995, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2004, & 2006....   Envision it!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 16, 2016, 01:26:13 pm
well... the Hogs did beat bama in.... 1995, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2004, & 2006....   Envision it!

Sorry if this is against the rules but when envisioning us beating Alabama in football:

ALLVOL

Quote from: ricepig on May 16, 2016, 11:17:58 am
It's a championship calibur team. You know the kind that UT has been known for? It's coming.

ricepig

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 16, 2016, 03:31:46 pm
It's a championship calibur team. You know the kind that UT has been known for? It's coming.

Maybe an East conference title, especially since that side is so pitifully weak.

SemperHawg

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/pair-of-alabama-players-arrested/

This going along with that JUCO Tackle that they had to dismiss a couple of weeks ago is probably going to sting here. 

And since I see ALLVOL posting in here I need to throw out the obligatory just because they were pulled over carrying drugs and a firearm doesn't mean they were actually carrying drugs and a firearm.  You know, innocent until proven guilty, crusader for all of the falsely accused and such.   :puke:

SooiecidetillNuttgone

To maintain the high standard, set by this thread's initial question.....

"Yes.  Yes they are."
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

ALLVOL

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 17, 2016, 08:37:57 am
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/pair-of-alabama-players-arrested/

This going along with that JUCO Tackle that they had to dismiss a couple of weeks ago is probably going to sting here. 

And since I see ALLVOL posting in here I need to throw out the obligatory just because they were pulled over carrying drugs and a firearm doesn't mean they were actually carrying drugs and a firearm.  You know, innocent until proven guilty, crusader for all of the falsely accused and such.   :puke:
LOL its called innocent until proven guilty. You know, our Constitution and rights and all that messy stuff that seems to get in the way of totalitarian thought/action.

SemperHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 17, 2016, 08:41:21 am
LOL its called innocent until proven guilty. You know, our Constitution and rights and all that messy stuff that seems to get in the way of totalitarian thought/action.
That's what I said, I am sure this was all just a misunderstanding and there really wasn't a gun or drugs in that vehicle. 

If only the officer had recognized that it was two Alabama football players in the vehicle going down the road, he could have given Saban a courtesy call (because you know, everyone does that sort of thing) letting him know that he would be pulling them over in a couple of hours.  This whole misunderstanding could have been avoided.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 17, 2016, 08:41:21 am

Wow, that took a lot of brain power.

And, btw, that "innocent until proven guilty" applies to prosecution in court, not in the court of public opinion.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

ALLVOL

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on May 17, 2016, 08:50:18 am
Wow, that took a lot of brain power.

And, btw, that "innocent until proven guilty" applies to prosecution in court, not in the court of public opinion.
Absolutely correct. And the public is almost always right? No matter who or what the crime is I strongly defend the innocent until proven guilty. It seems like every other week we see a story about a man getting released from prison after years and years of false imprisonment. And when the media runs with half or actually less than half the story assumptions are made and it does in fact taint the jury pool.

ALLVOL

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 17, 2016, 08:45:34 am
  That's what I said, I am sure this was all just a misunderstanding and there really wasn't a gun or drugs in that vehicle. 

If only the officer had recognized that it was two Alabama football players in the vehicle going down the road, he could have given Saban a courtesy call (because you know, everyone does that sort of thing) letting him know that he would be pulling them over in a couple of hours.  This whole misunderstanding could have been avoided.
I guarantee the Duke lacross team is thankful people like you aren't in charge. Wow

SemperHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 17, 2016, 09:13:33 am
I guarantee the Duke lacross team is thankful people like you aren't in charge. Wow
Why, was the Duke Lacrosse team carrying a fire arm and narcotics in their vehicle?

Did the police call their coach and give him a heads up that there was about to be an investigation?

ALLVOL

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 17, 2016, 09:16:52 am
Why, was the Duke Lacrosse team carrying a fire arm and narcotics in their vehicle?

Did the police call their coach and give him a heads up that there was about to be an investigation?
The point is no matter the charge, all should be given a fair trial. Or I guess we could use your thought process and soon as arrested just sentence them on the spot and transport to prison or hell, just shoot them on the spot. Lord knows no one has ever been arrested wrongly?!? Right? I mean if it's in the media or arrest report it is fact Jack! Right?

ALLVOL

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 17, 2016, 09:16:52 am

LOL and you're obsession with UT is funny. Can you enlighten the rest of us how you know what was or wasn't said in the call? Oh snap you can't so you're assuming.
I detest Alabama with a passion but I'd fight for these or anyone else's right to be considered innocent until proven guilty.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 17, 2016, 09:24:12 am
LOL and you're obsession with UT is funny. Can you enlighten the rest of us how you know what was or wasn't said in the call? Oh snap you can't so you're assuming.
I detest Alabama with a passion but I'd fight for these or anyone else's right to be considered innocent until proven guilty.

Said the guy that constantly promotes Tenner while on a Hog board.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 17, 2016, 09:27:17 am
Said the guy that constantly promotes Tenner while on a Hog board.
So in your world it's guilty immediately and discussion equals promotes? Strange worl you live in sir.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 17, 2016, 09:21:31 am
The point is no matter the charge, all should be given a fair trial. Or I guess we could use your thought process and soon as arrested just sentence them on the spot and transport to prison or hell, just shoot them on the spot. Lord knows no one has ever been arrested wrongly?!? Right? I mean if it's in the media or arrest report it is fact Jack! Right?

Is this the fine citizenship that Coach Butch Jones is teaching?

University of Tennessee football players attacked good Samaritan teammate who drove rape victim to hospital

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/u-tennessee-athletes-beat-temmate-sex-assault-case-article-1.2526638

ALLVOL

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 17, 2016, 09:29:04 am
So in your world it's guilty immediately and discussion equals promotes? Strange world you live in sir.

Hawgar The Horrible

So in your world it's guilty immediately and discussion equals promotes? Strange worl you live in sir.

I wasn't referring to guilt or innocence about anything. Just the ironical, if not stupid, comment I highlighted.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

SemperHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 17, 2016, 09:24:12 am
Whatever you have to tell yourself. I hope Tennessee has the season you have been dreaming of since 98.... I hope it was worth everything that had to happen to make it a reality.

ALLVOL

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 17, 2016, 09:29:41 am
Is this the fine citizenship that Coach Butch Jones is teaching?

University of Tennessee football players attacked good Samaritan teammate who drove rape victim to hospital

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/u-tennessee-athletes-beat-temmate-sex-assault-case-article-1.2526638
Selective posting. The same guy also denied and has changed his tory multiple times. He stayed on the team for the better part of the year and traveled with the team that "attacked" him. And took a pic at the bowl game with other players showing support for the exact player he later accused. But hey, don't let facts get in your way.

ChitownHawg

It would seem the players who beat the guy for taking the victim to the hospital - tried and convicted the guy for treason.

Why isn't your team following the same standards you are following?

ALLVOL

Quote from: SemperHawg on May 17, 2016, 09:31:34 am
Whatever you have to tell yourself. I hope Tennessee has the season you have been dreaming of since 98.... I hope it was worth everything that had to happen to make it a reality.
You should see a psychologist. Reality isn't a bad place to live my man. Come on over, it's not as scary as you think.

ALLVOL

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 17, 2016, 09:33:02 am
It would seem the players who beat the guy for taking the victim to the hospital - tried and convicted the guy for treason.

Why isn't your team following the same standards you are following?
Read the post above yours.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 17, 2016, 09:32:39 am
Selective posting. The same guy also denied and has changed his tory multiple times. He stayed on the team for the better part of the year and traveled with the team that "attacked" him. And took a pic at the bowl game with other players showing support for the exact player he later accused. But hey, don't let facts get in your way.

Where there is smoke there is fire. Duke was one incident, so it doesn't fit the Vols situation where there are continual arrests. But hey don't let facts get in your way.

What a piece of work you are. I can only wish one day you will come face to face to one of the fathers of these girls. That would be poetic justice.

Anyway last comment on this subject as I don't want it to hijack the thread.

ALLVOL

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 17, 2016, 09:36:49 am
Where there is smoke there is fire. Duke was one incident, so it doesn't fit the Vols situation where there are continual arrests. But hey don't let facts get in your way.

What a piece of work you are. I can only wish one day you will come face to face to one of the fathers of these girls. That would be poetic justice.
Why? Because I think people accused of a crime should be considered innocent until proven guilty? If guilty then punish them. Tell me how that's bad?

SemperHawg

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 17, 2016, 09:33:57 am
You should see a psychologist. Reality isn't a bad place to live my man. Come on over, it's not as scary as you think.
If I am taking psychology advice from a person that constantly crusades for his favorite team's  player's innocence on an opposing team's message board I probably have bigger issues.