Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Alabama the only team that stand in the way of the hogs going to the SEC title?

Started by Ben, May 11, 2016, 11:58:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

TAMU has spiraled out of control.
Auburn has fizzled out
LSU plays right into Arkansas' defense
Ole Miss is about to get busted
Miss State is without Dak Prescott.

Could this game vs Alabama at home have SEC title implications?
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

DeltaBoy

Yes I believe so but we got to get over the losing non conferance games we should win.  Remember Toledo !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ben on May 11, 2016, 11:58:10 am
Auburn has fizzled out

EVERY one of those teams you mention has talent so ALL of them stands in the way.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

claycohog

Paul

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 11, 2016, 12:05:41 pm
LSU is loaded for a run this season

While they are particularly loaded this year, they are loaded every year and still manage to lose to the Hogs regularly.

bigdaddyhawg

Auburn has fizzled out

You have gotten way, way, WAY ahead of yourself, friend.

Reel it in about three notches.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Iwastherein1969

maybe, but LSU has become like the little boy who cried "wolf", after a while (each year about this time) the Same ol' story comes out of Red Stick...it gets old after hearing this crap every year since we've joined the conference
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

3kgthog

Vantage 8 dude

Obviously 'Bama is the "big dog", not just in the SECW but in overall league as well. Having said that, and certainly recognizing that we've handled both OM, LSU and AWbarn well over the last couple of years, they remain very dangerous. Hopefully now the Dak has finally graduated after what seemed about 1/2 hundred years, we can get back to beating MSU.

That obviously leaves TAM which to me has been the most frustrating of the teams in our division. Despite IMO having the better team over the past 3 or 4 years, we've been the "Chicago Cubs" of the West by means of figuring out creative ways to blow leads and lose games to those clowns. '16 would certainly be a very nice year to get that trend corrected.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

KlubhouseKonnected

Well, summer is nearly upon us and unreasonably high hope springs eternal.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

TUSKtimes

Auburn has fizzled out

West is absolutely the best division in college football, talent, and coaching. Everyone will have to take the long way home.

hogcard1964

10 wins is possible, but odds are we lose two we should win and win one or two we shouldn't.  Bet against Arkansas whenever we play Alabama or Florida.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: hogcard1964 on May 11, 2016, 05:38:59 pm
10 wins is possible, but odds are we lose two we should win and win one or two we shouldn't.  Bet against Arkansas whenever we play Alabama or Florida.

My $$ are on Arkansas.... always....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

jlhogfan

TUSKtimes

mhsbc59

LSU has been loaded for like the past 10 years and always fizzle out even the year they won the national title they lost to Arkansas and backed there butt into the title game thanks to PITT beating West Virgina.

I never scared of LSWHO
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

lahawg1

LSWho is loaded at 21 positions. The one position they've always had trouble with is the QB and this year will be no different. That position will suck for them and bring the rest of it down.

staffhog

You must have read the same article I did concerrning The Black Bears, only applied it to the Hogs.    Their local prognosticator predicted Atlanta being practically a sure thing.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 11, 2016, 02:37:27 pm
We've been hearing this for the last 2-3 years.
you need to have your long term memory checked....I've been hearing about LSU and their superior talent since the UA joined the SEC

Murr

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 11, 2016, 12:01:35 pm
Yes I believe so but we got to get over the losing non conferance games we should win.  Remember Toledo !

>:(

I drank to forget Toledo.  Now I need a bottle.

Murr

ALLVOL

I hope the Hogs win the West. But there are a LOT of question marks going into the season.

lumphog

HAIL YEA......ya buncha damPansies....THE HOGS WILL ROLL THE TIDE!!!!!!

Hogwild

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 11, 2016, 12:57:13 pm
maybe, but LSU has become like the little boy who cried "wolf", after a while (each year about this time) the Same ol' story comes out of Red Stick...it gets old after hearing this crap every year since we've joined the conference

They get a lot of hype & lots of talent. They aren't Bama, but LSU has played for the national title game 3 times in the last 12 years, and won it twice. With regard to coaching, they bring the talent in, then it is expect the unexpected when the hit the field. 

I'm saying LSU goes undefeated at home, this year.  The SEC West race will then be a mess.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Murr on May 11, 2016, 08:09:26 pm
What two games are they gonna lose this season?

They may lose to Ole Miss again this season because Ole Miss will have a QB, and because Ole Miss will spread Alabama's Defense out into space.  As far as them losing another game besides to Ole Miss in the SEC, that may not happen because others try to play smash mouth with Alabama.

I presume the rest of the SEC can't see what Ohio State, Ole Miss (the last 2 seasons), and Clemson (scored 40 points against them) has done against Alabama, and that is spread out Alabama's Defense and make their bulked up physical defenders have to defend out in space sideline-to-sideline.

jlhogfan

Quote from: Murr on May 11, 2016, 08:09:26 pm
What two games are they gonna lose this season?

I don't know, Hogs will be one, maybe LSU.  They are just going to suck.

Yamahog

We also play Florida this year - have we ever beaten them in conference play?

3Scoreand10

Seven SEC games stand between us and the  SEC title.
SEVEN!
Bama is just one of them.

uconnhog

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on May 12, 2016, 06:06:13 am
Seven SEC games stand between us and the  SEC title.
SEVEN!
Bama is just one of them.
You got that right

jgphillips3

Alabama is the biggest hurdle, but it's not exactly like we've been going 11-1 every year and only losing to them.

nwahogfan1

Auburn has fizzled out

I guess we will see but I don't think for one minute we are at the elite stage.  If we take off our Hog glasses how can you or I predict with any certainty that we are a top 3 team in the West.  Auburn needs a QB but has recruited very well.  When was the last time we beat A&M?  Yes we seem to play well against LSU but their defense will be very good and if they settle their QB issues then they will be a top 5 ranked team.  Mississippi seems to be having off the field issues but has also recruited very well and Ms St is tough.  I just do not see it. SECW may be the best football conference in America from top to bottom and no conference will probable have two of their teams ranked preseason in the top 5.  Very difficult to predict.  We can only hope we get some good breaks when they count.   Go Hogs.

jkstock04

Quote from: Yamahog on May 12, 2016, 02:55:45 am
We also play Florida this year - have we ever beaten them in conference play?
Ya back in 1990 or something like that. That's one I have circled I REALLY wanna win...though I'm sure we will be the usual underdogs.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ChitownHawg

PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HogimusMaximus

First off we need to get better.  LSU will be a tough gae every year.  Aggies are crazy but still have some talent.  Dont count your hoggies before they hatch, gets you every time.

HamSammich

LSU has their all decade team this year.
Ole miss will be better.

Id probably not start with the 10 11 win crap this early hogville... it didn't do us any good last year.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: HamSammich on May 12, 2016, 09:15:04 am
Ole miss will be better.

Id probably not start with the 10 11 win crap this early hogville... it didn't do us any good last year.

How dare you sir, I demand satisfactions.  Pistols at dawn.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HamSammich on May 12, 2016, 09:15:04 am
Ole miss will be better.

I agree that LSU should have their best team in years for 2016. Ole Miss may be good on offense, but their defense probably isn't going to be as good. They only return 48 career starts in their front 7 and the vast majority of those (36) are among their DE's so they may turn out to be soft at DT and LB though they return a lot of players with experience, just not starters.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Quote from: jlhogfan on May 11, 2016, 05:41:00 pm
Bama is going to suck this year

As long as Nick Saban is the Bama Head Coach, they will never suck. Now they may have a bit of a down year occasionally (which for them is no worse than 9-3 in regular season) but they won't suck.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

tampahog

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 12, 2016, 08:23:53 am
Ya back in 1990 or something like that. That's one I have circled I REALLY wanna win...though I'm sure we will be the usual underdogs.
We have not beat UF since joining the SEC.   They are the only SEC team we are yet to beat in conference play

GuvHog

I doubt it. Even after spring practice has concluded they still have serious issues at QB.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

SWarkansasman

Our offensive line not being to block our second team defense might also stand in the way

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: GuvHog on May 12, 2016, 09:40:32 am
As long as Nick Saban is the Bama Head Coach, they will never suck. Now they may have a bit of a down year occasionally (which for them is no worse than 9-3 in regular season) but they won't suck.

I betcha there would be a significant % of their fan base that would think they suck if they went 9-3.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 12, 2016, 09:28:33 am
I agree that LSU should have their best team in years for 2016. Ole Miss may be good on offense, but their defense probably isn't going to be as good. They only return 48 career starts in their front 7 and the vast majority of those (36) are among their DE's so they may turn out to be soft at DT and LB though they return a lot of players with experience, just not starters.
they are not good enough on the o-line to beat ARK....our D line is their kryptonite, has been for two years....they cannot run against us and their QB isn't accurate enough to beat us with his arm, plus our D line will be on the LSU QB like white on rice from jump start...I say we run them out of Razorback Stadium once again...McTelvin will have his best day of the year as a Hog against Jennings, Harris or whoever Leslie decides to start against that Hog defense...this is the best UA defense since 1977

OrvilleRedenporker

LSWho is devoid of quarterbacking and has Les Miles Per Gallon as a head coach.  It doesn't matter how loaded they are at other positions....

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: SWarkansasman on May 12, 2016, 10:47:42 am
Our offensive line not being to block our second team defense might also stand in the way

Many offensive lines will have trouble blocking that second team d line.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on May 12, 2016, 11:43:19 am
Many offensive lines will have trouble blocking that second team d line.
I'm sure the 2nd team line is better than most starting lines...