Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Open for AC to get playing time in Seattle

Started by Scott Marshall, May 06, 2016, 02:14:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

Looks like the door is open for AC to get playing time in Seattle
Beast Mode goes silent as Seattle puts Lynch on retired list
http://sports.nwahomepage.com/fb/story.asp?i=20160505162114585479408&ref=hea&tm=&src=

Pigsknuckles

AC is in a good position here with Lynch gone and Rawls rehab still somewhat uncertain. Great opportunity.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

longpig

AC rated higher than the RB from Notre Dame they took too, I believe.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Paul

at this level, it doesn't matter who was rated where.  I believe Rawls was a undrafted free agent. They like Zak Brooks a lot too.  AC's gotta earn his playing time.

bennyl08

I thought the thread was going to be about Procise getting injured or something. Like saying the door is open for Paxton Lynch to get playing time in Denver.

Also, Tim Booth with the passive insult of Lynch...

QuoteHe may have been more of a headache off the field than anyone let on during his time in Seattle, but he'll ultimately be lauded as the running back that got the Seahawks to a place they had never been.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

phadedhawg

Rawls was awesome the little bit of time as a started he had.  Wilson developed a lot too. Collins is in a great spot. We aren't invested heavily in any back so we can play who's hot.  Very excited for my Hawks at RB.  The OL will be a work in progress

hhousewps

He fumbled today in the first day of their rookie minicamp. Considering it's something Pete and Scheider already mentioned in several interviews, he better get a grip (pun intended), or he won't be seeing the field much at all.

RedyorNot

Quote from: longpig on May 06, 2016, 02:38:49 pm
AC rated higher than the RB from Notre Dame they took too, I believe.

Two different running styles. AC drafted as a first and second down back, Prosise as a third down back.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: hhousewps on May 06, 2016, 08:21:45 pm
He fumbled today in the first day of their rookie minicamp. Considering it's something Pete and Scheider already mentioned in several interviews, he better get a grip (pun intended), or he won't be seeing the field much at all.
Just ask Joe Adams.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Poker_hog

Gonna have to stash AC on my fantasy team this fall.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hhousewps on May 06, 2016, 08:21:45 pm

I thought I read and watched everything on the rookie mini camp but found nothing about a fumble. Where did you read about this?

Also curious how he fumbled when they were in shorts today?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hhousewps

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 07, 2016, 05:10:07 am
I thought I read and watched everything on the rookie mini camp but found nothing about a fumble. Where did you read about this?

Also curious how he fumbled when they were in shorts today?

I thought that was odd myself, but anyway here are the sources.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-rookie-mini-camp-notes-wr-kenny-lawler-a-standout/

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article76201147.html

ChitownHawg

Quote from: hhousewps on May 07, 2016, 06:07:24 am
I thought that was odd myself, but anyway here are the sources.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-rookie-mini-camp-notes-wr-kenny-lawler-a-standout/

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article76201147.html

Thanks for the links. Actually one of the articles I had read and just missed the fumble comment.

My guess on the fumble is AC wasn't concentrating on that since they were in shorts. Also probably why the coaches didn't mention it. You are simply running plays with no contact and some smart butt takes a swipe at the ball. There was one Seattle reporter during the draft asked about the fumbling to the scout and GM.

The team told another reporter they felt the reason AC slid down was due to a low jump at the combine which some believe shows a lack of explosiveness. But fumbles are on the mind of one reporter so AC needs to ensure he doesn't give the reporter a story.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

jgphillips3

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 07, 2016, 08:24:06 am
The team told another reporter they felt the reason AC slid down was due to a low jump at the combine which some believe shows a lack of explosiveness. But fumbles are on the mind of one reporter so AC needs to ensure he doesn't give the reporter a story.

That is a perfect example of exercises absurdly negating what you can see with your own eyes when he runs.  He has great burst, can cut at full speed and is incredibly elusive.  The only real knock against him is low top end speed and the fumbling issue (off and on).  Crazy how a test can cause them to not believe what they can see for themselves in game footage.

longpig

I'm not buying the vertical jump/lack of explosiveness explanation.  AC matched Ezekiel Elliott's combine vertical at the Arkansas pro day and Elliott is as explosive as it gets.  Spotty ball security and habitual sleeping in is most likely what held AC back.  Who didn't cringe 5 times a game at how he slung the ball around last season?

ChitownHawg

Quote from: longpig on May 07, 2016, 12:20:29 pm
I'm not buying the vertical jump/lack of explosiveness explanation.  AC matched Ezekiel Elliott's combine vertical at the Arkansas pro day and Elliott is as explosive as it gets.  Spotty ball security and habitual sleeping in is most likely what held AC back.  Who didn't cringe 5 times a game at how he slung the ball around last season?

That's cool - I'll take your educated opinion over an NFL scout.

The point is the Seahawks didn't buy that either. As they also didn't buy the fumbling as an issue. They did their homework, but many NFL teams don't. That's why we have Cleveland and Jets.  ;D

longpig

May 07, 2016, 02:07:34 pm #17 Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 02:48:44 pm by longpig
Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 07, 2016, 01:33:08 pm
That's cool - I'll take your educated opinion over an NFL scout.

The point is the Seahawks didn't buy that either. As they also didn't buy the fumbling as an issue. They did their homework, but many NFL teams don't. That's why we have Cleveland and Jets.  ;D

Were buying into something at the 4th rnd and up price, obviously.  I can see how the pros that know would look at his low ball security and figure he must have phenomenal hand strength to only fumble 4 times considering how hard he was worked all season. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.