Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I honestly can not believe I am about to ask this.

Started by SemperHawg, May 04, 2016, 01:48:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperHawg

Buuuuut I was looking through twitter today, and some of the guys getting ready to report for the summer are putting up pictures of their Razorback Jersey's and what numbers they are sporting.  This naturally lead my train of thought to uniforms.  Isn't it every two years that Nike comes through and re designs our uniforms and combinations and such?  If so, when does that normally happen?

ricepig

It's my understanding that we'll have no changes in the uniform design, etc....but it could be a smoke screen, lol.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2016, 01:52:54 pm
It's my understanding that we'll have no changes in the uniform design, etc....but it could be a smoke screen, lol.

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on May 04, 2016, 01:52:54 pm

Wasn't "smoke screen" the color of our alternate uniforms a few years ago?  Or  was it "ghey gray"? 

If it ain't red & white, it ain't a Hog uniform.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 04, 2016, 03:12:53 pm
Wasn't "smoke screen" the color of our alternate uniforms a few years ago?  Or  was it "ghey gray"? 

Let go of the past Old Timer.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

jgphillips3

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 04, 2016, 03:31:54 pm
Let go of the past Old Timer.  ;)

You can embrace the future without embracing that mess.  I just wish they would go straight up black instead of that anthracite crap.

Dr. Starcs

Smoke screens, smoke draws, they change so fast it just messed ya up.

Pigasaurus

Quote from: jgphillips3 on May 04, 2016, 05:11:21 pm
You can embrace the future without embracing that mess.  I just wish they would go straight up black instead of that anthracite crap.

When are highly ranked again playing Bama or somebody similar, in Fayetteville, I think we will see straight up black unis.  I suspect they are waiting on something special.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

supersaint

May 04, 2016, 05:54:21 pm #9 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 10:58:04 pm by supersaint
Jersey design reached its Apex in the early 90's

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 04, 2016, 03:12:53 pm

I thought "smoke screen" was what Tunsil wore for old misses?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HoopS

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Sed76

As much hate as those Apex jerseys get I still like them better than the ones with the Sonic the Hedgehog mess on the sleeves from a few years ago.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Sed76 on May 04, 2016, 10:08:54 pm
As much hate as those Apex jerseys get I still like them better than the ones with the Sonic the Hedgehog mess on the sleeves from a few years ago.

We haven't had a great jersey in 10 years.  We've had some great helmets (loved the red mirror) but jerseys have been a struggle!

razorbackfanatic

The current jerseys are nice and clean. Not too busy, but could be better. I like them though, but I'd still rather see the running Hog on the side than the tusk. I like the little red tusk like area on the front though. Just think that with the running Hog on the side they would look better. There is no creativity with that small thin stripe on the pants. I'd almost like the Go Hogs down the side better that we had under Petrino. Of course most people like the Adidas look we had under Nutt the last two years McFadden was here. I do to, but the double stripes down the side do resemble OU a lot. They are probably still my favorite though. The 64 throwback jerseys a couple years ago were pretty sweet except that they were almost maroon. Put the correct current red on them and they would be awesome to wear two or three times a season.

LZH

Is it, or is it not legal to wear a tinted eye guard on your helmet these days?

pigture perfect

I don't really care about the Jersey, as long as it is unmistakenly Arkansas. I care more about the functionality of the shoes that keep getting our players feet broken. If Nike can't fix the problem, maybe they need to get fixed (neutered).
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

code red

I think Nike and ESPN are out to sabotage the Hogs.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

FANONTHEHILL

My son tells me that a the equipment guys have told him that there are no change or redesign plans in the near future. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

HogScoutMaster

"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Pulled(PP)pork

Doug

Quote from: LZH on May 05, 2016, 09:46:11 am
Is it, or is it not legal to wear a tinted eye guard on your helmet these days?
NCAA only allows clear face guards
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Tyro3

Quote from: Doug on May 07, 2016, 07:45:03 am
NCAA only allows clear face guards

Is there a reason for only allowing clear face guards?

clutch

Quote from: Tyro3 on May 07, 2016, 09:26:45 am
Is there a reason for only allowing clear face guards?

So that officials and coaches can see players eyes and notice concussion symptoms.

hobhog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on May 05, 2016, 03:30:02 pm
My son tells me that a the equipment guys have told him that there are no change or redesign plans in the near future.

Love that coach B doesn't feel need to make his mark by throwing up goofy uniforms....

LZH

Quote from: clutch on May 07, 2016, 09:56:47 am
So that officials and coaches can see players eyes and notice concussion symptoms.

Maybe I'm too dense, but is this the real reason?

uncle bubs

I think the uniforms we have now are the best we've had in a while. They're clean, and unmistakably Arkansas. And I think the jersey sleeves are sweet!
God bless the Boston Mountains.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on May 07, 2016, 12:10:59 pm

It's the stated reason, it's the same for high school. I understand Tunsil is going to ask for a different type of mask.....

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on May 07, 2016, 12:46:13 pm
It's the stated reason, it's the same for high school. I understand Tunsil is going to ask for a different type of mask.....

Makes sense, I guess. Someone told me a while back it was because not being able to see a player's eyes and where he's looking is an unfair advantage....as in a QB, for example. At the time I thought - "what the hell?"

clutch

It is. Same in high school. Players can use tinted visors if they have an eye condition where the light bothers them and they have a prescription for it. Since high school games are all played at night it doesn't really do them any good, but college players could technically get one if they wanted to go through the trouble. That seems like an awful lot to do just to look cool though.

I always get a kick out of my players in high school. At the beginning of the season almost the whole team has a visor. They quickly realize that they are almost more trouble than they are worth though and about halfway through the first game they are all taking them off.

Boardon Hamsay

What I wouldn't give right now for a pic of the camo, diamond, Walmart, Tyson, jb hunt, pine cone, etc. uni from a couple years ago. The location of that uni created here is as much a mystery as the current location of the goal posts from the UT game.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on May 08, 2016, 01:37:08 pm
What I wouldn't give right now for a pic of the camo, diamond, Walmart, Tyson, jb hunt, pine cone, etc. uni from a couple years ago. The location of that uni created here is as much a mystery as the current location of the goal posts from the UT game.

It's gone!!  Only thing I can figure is there must have been some serious backlash from said companies regarding the blatant disrespect those images posed!!

One of the greatest threads of all time.  That, and the one Z28 posted years ago.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on May 04, 2016, 06:22:31 pm
It's not the past.  Our school colors are still cardinal and white.

Thanks for telling me what colors my alma mater is. Yes and we use to be the Cardninals, hence the cardinal red, until someone decided otherwise. Basketball shorts use to be mid-thigh and high tops. Then someone decided otherwise.

I never have been a "traditionalist" when it comes to the uniforms. As long as they don't go crazy like Maryland then let the kids enjoy them. I got just as much a kick out of the players reactions to the chrome helmet as I did seeing it.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on May 09, 2016, 07:22:19 am
It's gone!!  Only thing I can figure is there must have been some serious backlash from said companies regarding the blatant disrespect those images posed!!

One of the greatest threads of all time.  That, and the one Z28 posted years ago.

gratsi   damn shame they deleted that thread. Just another in a long line of retardedness around here.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on May 09, 2016, 11:32:03 am
gratsi   damn shame they deleted that thread. Just another in a long line of retardedness around here.

Let's be honest...it's the retardedness that keeps bringing us back!!  :)

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on May 09, 2016, 12:17:13 pm
Let's be honest...it's the retardedness that keeps bringing us back!!  :)

Correct. Robert Shields can attest that most of us aren't here for the articles! ;D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Hoggish1

Just asking, but when does Nike redesign Bama's uniforms?  LMAO..

arsuperhog

Quote from: supersaint on May 04, 2016, 05:54:21 pm
Jersey design reached its Apex in the early 90's

That was my favorite jersey design. I wish we would incorporate the hog on the jersey more prominently

arsuperhog

Quote from: uncle bubs on May 07, 2016, 12:25:26 pm
I think the uniforms we have now are the best we've had in a while. They're clean, and unmistakably Arkansas. And I think the jersey sleeves are sweet!
I like the tusk look on the front

LZH

Quote from: arsuperhog on May 10, 2016, 08:25:05 pm
That was my favorite jersey design. I wish we would incorporate the hog on the jersey more prominently

I have made fun of these for a long time now. But to be honest, if the hogs on the shoulders were smaller and set back so they don't slant in toward each other, these jerseys aren't too bad. Truthfully, I don't remember complaining about them at the time.

(notOM)Rebel123

A tinted eyeshield would need to be removed to assess a concussion or head injury. The risk to the cervical spine or brain in removing the eyeshield is too great a risk.  According to the Nat'l Athletic Trainers Assoc. FWIW
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

arsuperhog

Quote from: LZH on May 10, 2016, 08:48:24 pm
I have made fun of these for a long time now. But to be honest, if the hogs on the shoulders were smaller and set back so they don't slant in toward each other, these jerseys aren't too bad. Truthfully, I don't remember complaining about them at the time.
I couldnt agree more. Its a very unique logo and should be used more on the jerseys

supersaint

Quote from: arsuperhog on May 10, 2016, 08:25:05 pm

They were too loose, but did go well with our Reebok pump cleats.

arsuperhog

Quote from: supersaint on May 12, 2016, 09:21:16 pm
They were too loose, but did go well with our Reebok pump cleats.
o
The pumps were the secret behind Carlos Halls block agaist South Carolina in Little Rock

Redbug

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on May 05, 2016, 09:02:13 am
I do to, but the double stripes down the side do resemble OU a lot.

They are probably still my favorite though. The 64 throwback jerseys a couple years ago were pretty sweet except that they were almost maroon. Put the correct current red on them and they would be awesome to wear two or three times a season.

That's because OU COPIED ARKANSAS....they changed their uniforms when Jim Mackenzie left JFB's staff to become the new OU HC. They had white helmets with a red stripe down the middle and all white pants before Coach Mack brought the "Arkansas Look" to Norman

root_hawg

All I know is Saban isn't farting around with jersey changes, he prefers to be focused on player development and understanding the process.

supersaint

Quote from: arsuperhog on May 15, 2016, 12:51:03 am
o
The pumps were the secret behind Carlos Halls block agaist South Carolina in Little Rock
The pumps were way before Carlos' time. They were terrible. A lot of guys just kept wearin their Nikes. The equipment team had to spray paint them white to cover all markings.

El Puerco Grande

There are fans, I assume that most are under 40, that would be thrilled if the Hogs came out in a uni that was pitch black, with a black helmet and white logo, and white numbers. Am I right?
How 'bout them hogs?